Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Symbian Belle to go live soon for N8?

Sage
dj_nick_t

Symbian Belle to go live soon for N8?

At least so it appears if you search a little ;-) Now it's only a matter of hours / days at most.

Previous (starting with '99): 5110 (2 pcs.); 6110; 6150 (2 pcs.); 6210; 6310i; 6680; N70; N73; N82 Silver; N97 Transition Black; N97 mini Cherry Black; iPhone 3GS 16GB Black; iPhone 4 16GB Black; N8-00 Dark Grey; iPhone 4S 16GB Black
Current: 808 PureView Black (Nokia Belle FP2, v113.010.1507) & iPhone 5s 32GB Space Gray (iOS 7.0.6)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Shijopj2011

Re: Symbian Belle to go live soon for N8?

I also expect the same....but when? Checking everyday for the Belle......anyone has any idea about the release daye??

regards

SHIJO

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

How did you find this out?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. The information (just google for it) is that there is just one firmware for one product code on a certain server, so it could take weeks for a general official release, it might even be next year for all I know.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Sage
dj_nick_t

@rayhipkiss: As long as the real final deal is finally here, I wouldn't be bothered too much by the global release. Just sayin' ;-)

Previous (starting with '99): 5110 (2 pcs.); 6110; 6150 (2 pcs.); 6210; 6310i; 6680; N70; N73; N82 Silver; N97 Transition Black; N97 mini Cherry Black; iPhone 3GS 16GB Black; iPhone 4 16GB Black; N8-00 Dark Grey; iPhone 4S 16GB Black
Current: 808 PureView Black (Nokia Belle FP2, v113.010.1507) & iPhone 5s 32GB Space Gray (iOS 7.0.6)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

Kudos to Nokia once again.. PR1.1, 1.2, Anna and now Belle within one year.. WOW

I love Nokia.

I only hope Telcos test quicker than they did for Anna..

Vodafone Au took close to 2 months and Telstra.. well I gave up wth them ages ago..

They only just released Anna for their users!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
stevehull29

Surely with the Suite update facility being out and the fact that instruction videos have been uploaded to youtube must mean its days, surely not next year
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

stevehull29 wrote:
Surely with the Suite update facility being out and the fact that instruction videos have been uploaded to youtube must mean its days, surely not next year

I still maintain it will be a while yet for the public release which will drag into next year for some countries.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
stevehull29

rayhipkiss wrote:

I still maintain it will be a while yet for the public release which will drag into next year for some countries.

Ray 

I'm sure it will for countries that have only just received anna, but those of us in the UK that have had anna for a while I am hoping will get it, everywhere you look everyone has differing opinions, some people think next year and the hype and excitement of i being now is stupid, but others genuinely seem to think it could be this week!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

All you can do is wait and see. Nokia's history of updates speaks for itself, hence my pessimism of it being released anytime soon.

Cheers

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
stevehull29

Update facililty is back up and running, but no pleasant surprises

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

stevehull29 wrote:

Update facililty is back up and running, but no pleasant surprises

Bit of an update for you. The servers are showing version 111.30.607 on the list but no variants are associated with it. This can only mean that the update has been sent out to the various carriers/networks and countries for approval so all you can do now is wait for an official announcement from Nokia.

All the best.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
stevehull29

Good news, thanks how do you find this stuff out then, where is that published??

Please use plain text.