Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle update for S60v5

basimvt

Symbian Belle update for S60v5

[ Edited ]

Hai,
I've a better suggestion to you, Nokia,

Symbian Belle is a nice OS than other Symbian, very similar to Android,

Now you gives Symbian Belle update for all your Symbian^3 devices, like Nokia N8, E7, C7, X7 etc...

My idea is that, Please give Symbian Belle update for Symbian 5th edition phones, if you can't, please give only for Nokia X6, because of this is the only phone with CAPACITIVE TOUCH SCREEN in S60v5 section, only one disadvantage is X6 don't hv 'Multitouch'.

Please Nokia, please...

Regards,

Basim.vt

Moderator's note: We have removed personal information from your post because we do not recommend it be shared on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Unfortunately that's not going to happen, S60v5 phones lack the necessary hardware to run belle.

If you want belle then it is time you upgraded to a newer phone, simple as that.
Please use plain text.
basimvt

May Nokia X6 is suitable for belle...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

No, it lacks the needed hardware too. If you want belle you need to buy a newer phone that is compatible with it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I belong to group of people they made biggest mistake in their life. I bought N97.

Despite hundreds of problems there is one concerning the Contacts and assigned Callers Images.

When somebody calls me. I can see this:

1. Ringing tone (cca 1-2 sec.)

2. Then cca 0.5 - 1 sec cannot hear anything

3. After this 0.5 - 1 sec of silence appears caller image

4. Ringing tone continues

And my question. Is there somebody with similar experience on Symbian Belle? Or Symbian Belle is "tuned up" and you can see callers image without interrupting of ringing tone?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

nup havent noticed any incoming call problems (but then again i rarely receive calls)

Also i heard there is a belle mod out there for Nokia X6. I wouldnt advise on it though... once u go there... no turning back..
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi basimvt

This is just an advice.

You are right in asking for that to Nokia but I can tell that the chances for you to get what you're asking for are less than ZERO. So my advice to you is to go for an app wich I used myself when I had a S60V5 device and it is "SPB Mobile Shell", I assure you won't regret it. That app made my old 5530XM a decent device to use.

Cheers!

PS.: I've posted the same response in here because they're asking for the same:

/t5/Software-Updates/Atleast-give-as-some-belle-lite-version/td-p/1344361

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Or you can try bell shell from Nokia store for a small fee... :-)
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
rrajmystyle

nokia symbian s60v5 is too nice. Its not able to update belle because of hardware. But nokia wants to give some small update like notification bar, several home screens etc... Or else symbian lovers will move to android.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

No further updates will be made to S60v5, it is an obsolete discontinued operating system. Either move to a belle device, move to Android or try one of Nokia's great new Windows Phones, the choice is entirely yours.

Please use plain text.
rrajmystyle

Just give notification bar update to symbian s60v5. Nothing else to nice. Thank you
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Not going to happen. If you want that feature you need to buy a new phone. S60v5 is essentially a dead platform, no further development will be made to it.
Please use plain text.
rrajmystyle

nice
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rishulover

plz plz plz plz plz plz plz nokia my phone nokia n97 is running on symbian 60v5 plz make update to nokia belle it is very good to use plz make update in next week 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

It can't be done

The N97's C6-00's etc that ran S60v5 do not have the graphics hardware required to run Symbian Belle 

There was a 3rd party software SPB Mobile Shell that improves the experiance on these older devices and that brings some of the advantages of Belle, and they offer a free trial so you might want to look into that

Please use plain text.
SuperQA

we can update s60v5 device to belle if we have some limitation like disable wallpaper change in each homescreen page, reduce motion, use s60 app, not high quality app
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SarHolmes

I cant update nokia belle for my c6-00 ......:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

SarHolmes wrote:

I cant update nokia belle for my c6-00 ......:smileymad:

Correct, it is not possible. The C6-01 can be updated. Time to buy a new phone?

Please use plain text.