Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle !!!

Counsellor
akeovi
Accepted Solution

Symbian Belle !!!

When the Symbian Belle will available for Nokia S^3 phones :smileyvery-happy: like a my phone Nokia E-7. I love my phone and Symbian Belle. Pls work hardly to realize soon :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Symbian belle is slated for release in the fourth quarter of 2011, that is from October to December. But if the release gets delayed like Anna did, then it can even move into January 2012. But symbian belle preloaded phones 700 and 701 have already started shipping... Hope that answers your question...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
akeovi

Well thank you !!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Belle release date rumours have started to trickle in...
www.n8fanclub.com/2011/10/symbian-belle-to-be-expected-on-26th.html?m=1
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

From what I've seen, I don't want this :-(

No more folders!!!! **bleep**! Nokia is copying Apple instead of being original! Especially since it's the only phone with a decent filemanager (and not just for the apps).

I don't like the way they're heading. Nokia should start giving us the choice to revert back to Anna if we decide that this upgrade is not good (enough). In fact I wanted to revert to Pre-Anna since I found that Anna has only one real advantage (a faster webbrowser). The icons are ugly (and NOT descriptive enough), the way it decides to use 3G/wifi networks whenever it decides drives me crazy (I found the way that PR1.2 did much better IMHO) and some other minor things.

Please DON'T just copy Apple iPhone for the sake of it. Be yourself. I bought Nokia because it WASN'T iOS nor Android. And now you're copying them :-( DON'T DO THAT. Be yourself, Be Nokia (wasn't it Jobs who said: "Think Different!")

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n8paul

AGREE PLEASE KEEP FOLDERS - its one of the few features that better than competition.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I think there's an option for the user to create folders in symbian belle... So I don't think its a cause for worry... :-)
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Sage
evildragon

Wait, home screen doesn't have folders on the iPhone?

I must be dreaming that all my iOS devices have the ability to use folders on the home screen.. :/
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Hi, I have Nokia 701.
There is an option to create new folder in menu. The menu icons can be moved to the folders.
You can also add folder shortcut to the homescreen as well. Symbian belle is highly customizable.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
akeovi

I think Symbian Belee is exactly like a hundred should be, remains to wait to be realized :smileysad: I can not wait hehe :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This bulls give big promises so early to test the patients of their customer.  till then they release the belle update we may have thrown the n8, c7 and etc. in recycle bin.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
allstar12345

symbian belle is the update that should have being on symbian^3 from the very start as I must say I don't Like Anna its constant connection switching as mentioned above it is not nice the live homescreen scrolling is laggy and choppy, belle even in the beta stage seemed perfect the savior of symbian I think .
this delay of belle release to what I know is down to sales of the newer phones I can't remember exactly and with the update after belle already under development the future seems bright for us !
Symbian Developer, if I can help out just give me a bell.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
vasukhanna

I am also eagerly waiting for symbian belle for N8.Nokia should now disclose the release date of the update.Its display looks more attractive in comparison to WP7.Can anyone tell me that is symbian belle has 6 homescreens on N8 ?
Please use plain text.
Employee
paulip

You can have up to 6 homescreens in Belle. Also in N8 Belle of course. You can remove and add them easily. For me, 4 is enough.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
akeovi

I want to ask whether Symbian Belle is possible to be ready before the new year. I want to have before the new year :smileysad: ... hehe

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

If you're so desperate to have six home screens its already possible with existing symbian 3 OS. Just Google it and you'll know what to do get six home screens.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
akeovi

Not is not really that concerned, but the flexibility and design that has Belle and your return on those 6 home screens which can all that Belle has to show worthy. But thanks and I saw they say that Belle will be presented on 25th this month if it is true it would be great :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jlscott777

I have SPB mobile shell for symbian and it gives me a total of 13 home screens and I use them all.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wamsy

I believe the ram memory on n8, c7, c6, e7 is not enough to handle six home screens
I think its better to stay back with anna
Nokia had increased ram memory in new s3 devices to 512mb because of this.
wamsy
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

New S 3 devices? As far as my knowledge goes the list of s 3 phones just ends with the models you mentioned. In fact even they have now been updated to Anna. So there are practically no s 3 phones right now except a few that have not been updated to Anna. If they cant handle belle- Nokia would not have set itself on the road to belle for these devices.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.