Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Symbian Belle

Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson
Accepted Solution

Symbian Belle

the release of belle is still not known. There was a news that belle was originally made for those device having 512mb RAM but Nokia then had to make some modification to belle so that it could function properly on those 256mb devices. Now my doubt is whether Belle is ready? Or still it is under construction? If its ready then what's causing the delay?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

Belle is very close to being ready

This is a video from nokia world in london shows x7 and n8 running belle and it seems to be running very well on devices with 256mb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCWAV7KAFn4

As for the delay, well thats down to Nokia and im sure when they feel the software is ready then it will be released.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

As Deadman says belle is almost ready. Nokia had showcased belle in older symbian 3 devices at Nokia world. The delay may be due to carrier testing and customization of belle for various regions and product codes.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

ajaydavidson wrote:
the release of belle is still not known. There was a news that belle was originally made for those device having 512mb RAM but Nokia then had to make some modification to belle so that it could function properly on those 256mb devices. Now my doubt is whether Belle is ready? Or still it is under construction? If its ready then what's causing the delay?

Considering Belle was shown before anna was officially released for dowload, and considering all the issues that occurred with the anna rollout, I dont blame Nokia for taking its time to make sure that the issue that were found in anna are not repeated in belle. Not to mention that Skyee mentioned just prior to the end of october, that Belle would not be released untill the USA and canada and australia all received the anna update. and half of australia are still waiting, and canada are still waiting. Not to mention some of the other smaller countries are still waiting. So Belle will not be rolled out till after then, and Nokia will then ahve to wait for carrier approvals first (at least a month for that alone), and then it might start to roll out in some countires.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Ok. So from This it seems that we will be getting belle next year only. I have a doubt. Anna is not doing much change when considered to belle, so Why did Nokia plan to release Anna. Earlier in one of the posts i was told that Anna is now available for almost everyone in Australia. Has the making of belle fully over?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shra1mail

Symbian Belle

hi friends..

i have two problems

1. UPDATE is available when i checked in the nokia web site for my nokia c7-00 but when i connect ovi suite it is saying YOUR PHONE IS UPDATE...i checked in my region only update is available for c7...

2. WHEN THE SYMBIAN BELLE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR NOKIA C7-00

please give reply if you are known about the above issues..

thanking you! have a great day guys..........

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hi you are telling that update is available but you
did not mention what update is available.
Symbian belle May be delayed it May be December
or next year. Because many countries like America
Australia have still not got Anna update.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Whenever Belle does get released I guarantee it will be buggy and far from the finished product you would expect, given how long Nokia have taken with it's development.

I also know that my network provider takes approximately two weeks to approve new firmware for my N8. But what happened with the Anna update was Nokia released the firmware to the carriers for approval, then delayed the rollout until the majority approved the update thus providing a simultaneous update worldwide (apart from North America, Australia and a few other countries). So you could expect the same thing to happen this time. Belle is probably ready now but Nokia are delaying the release for the above mentioned reasons.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Check This post (discussions.nokia-asia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Symbian-Anna-for-Canada/td-p/1190733) still the Nokia users of Canada have not got Anna for their device. So from This we come to know that for existing Anna users Belle May be available by next year.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

In some posts it was stated that still Canada Australia have not got Anna because of operator approval problems. And only after the complete roll out of Anna, Belle will be released. If there occurs a state that the operators in the above mentioned countries don't approve Anna, then what will happen to Belle release?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

rayhipkiss wrote:

Whenever Belle does get released I guarantee it will be buggy and far from the finished product you would expect, given how long Nokia have taken with it's development.

I also know that my network provider takes approximately two weeks to approve new firmware for my N8. But what happened with the Anna update was Nokia released the firmware to the carriers for approval, then delayed the rollout until the majority approved the update thus providing a simultaneous update worldwide (apart from North America, Australia and a few other countries). So you could expect the same thing to happen this time. Belle is probably ready now but Nokia are delaying the release for the above mentioned reasons.

Ray 

Not to sure about the simultaneous update as it took from early/mid August till end of september/early october to do the majority of the world. Personally i will be happy to have it whenever Nokia believes it is ready for release. The countries at the end of the rollout i fell had a better rollout such as Australia , with alot fewer issues during upgrade. I will be happy if it goes this way again.  

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hi all check This. Finally a good news (3g.co.uk/PR/Nov2011/symbian-belle-coming-to-nokia-n8-and-e7.html)
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

ajaydavidson wrote:
Hi all check This. Finally a good news (3g.co.uk/PR/Nov2011/symbian-belle-coming-to-nokia-n8-and-e7.html)

Yes, we already know this. It's not new news.

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Oh is it? But check the date its showing 22nd November.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

The date 22nd November as you mentioned is the date this article was written. Seems you're confused a bit.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
CameronS

@rayhipkiss: Now, that's an interesting comment Ray. I'm not sure how you can guarantee that Belle will be buggy and far from the finished product....

I don't know of many versions of software (no matter the company developing the software or the complexity of the software) that are released totally bug-free (it seems the developer's trick is not so much ensuring there are no bugs, but how well they're hidden from the users...).

I'm still confused why there are some users having so much trouble with their phones, even with Anna installed. I admit that there were more frequent restarts/odd behaviour on the original version of the software installed on my N8, but it's almost completely gone now after installing Anna. I can cause SPB Shell 3D to crash by following a set sequence (in other words I've found a repeatable bug in that software), but other than that there's nothing really that goes wrong with my phone.

I have heard of one user with problems where he stores more than 1500 email messages on his phone, and receives more than 500 messages a day. That seems extreme to me, and may be a valid use-case that Nokia did not design for, and therefore may be stressing the capabilities of the system. Other than that I think the N8 is great!

Cameron

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Oh i thought that This was announced on 22nd November. I have also heard about This before. So i thought that it was a second confirmation.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

How about this one for a tip...
www.n8fanclub.com/2011/11/nokia-singapore-website-updated-symbian.html?m=1
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
parag_genius

Anxiously waiting for symbian belle for my c7-00.....
could anyone just let me know the date or month its being launched... 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

till now there's no official date or month for the release.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.