Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Tesco Mobile and the Nokia Belle update

Counsellor
ballistiched
Accepted Solution

Tesco Mobile and the Nokia Belle update

[ Edited ]

Hey,

Is anyone else waiting for the Tesco Mobile Nokia Belle update for the Nokia N8? Or is it just me?

Product code: 059C951

I remember them being pretty much last to release Symbian Anna and pr 1.1.

Nothing changes it seems.

Registered Member
sagey2595

Re: Tesco Mobile and the Nokia Belle update

Hi,
You are not the only one I am still waiting with the same phone!
Hope it comes soon, O2 have now updated and Tesco is linked to the network so we should get it soon!
Counsellor
e71n8

Me too, but wondering if I want to go ahead, with C drive memory, flv playback and battery use.

Advisor
ripitup

Hi 

I actually emailed tesco about the nokia n8 update a couple of weeks ago,

They didnt have any info to share with me but kept ringing me, I was also asking for a sim unlocking code.

I have 2 nokia n8s one from tesco and a lovely silver one from ebay

Its possible to get a belle update on your phone if you look around, and along that line is also possible to get belle with the old anna video player for better flv playback. Once you find it belle becomes a DELIGHT.

Contributor
tomrus

I upgraded my tesco to belle and gps take ages to get signal, prob you better off with anna
Counsellor
ballistiched

I have also emailed Tesco. The customer services department have no idea about software releases.

Counsellor
sdrew56

I have updated my 059C951 to Belle and to be honest wish I had not bothered Anna has much better usability and once you go Belle there is no way back.
Professor
greycounciller

The O2 update has been made available so Tesco's should be up soon. Do bear In mind comments from other uses as Belle is generally considered to be not a great improvement am Anna. As it stands now, I definitely WON'T be updating yet til Belle's shortcomings are dealt with.
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Counsellor
ballistiched

The good outweighs the bad with Belle. There are lots things to dislike in Anna. Onwards and upwards i say.

Anyway, fingers crossed it's here within a week.

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

ballistiched wrote:

Anyway, fingers crossed it's here within a week.

Ever the optimist!:smileywink:

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Counsellor
sjjg

The way it's gone with previous releases I'd be surprised if we saw the update before April. Which is laughable given that the only changes Tesco will have made will have been to add that non-removable X-Factor application. You get what you pay for, pretty much.
Professor
greycounciller

I don't have the x-factor app. Only the daft Virgin media player which I can't uninstall. Also, I've had to install this f/w about 5 times as I keep getting restarts daily. Seems stable now, but never had no problems with my generic f/w.
Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
Counsellor
steven1105

yeah still waiting. So frustrating and theres no point complaining cos they do not care at all. They got our money ages ago. Cant imagine what is taking so long either!

petelloyd73

well,tesco has 2 weeks to get it out as if not then im defecting to android as ice cream sandwich is out next week

Counsellor
ballistiched

I'm planning on buying the 808 Pureview when it comes out, supposedly in May. I certainly won't be buying it from Tesco Mobile even if they offered it at a significant discount simply because of their dreadful customer service.

Advisor
petehbsn

Hello there,

Fingers crossed for Nokia Belle on the 21 March as o2 got the update last week.

Indeed Tesco Mobile customer service is not very helpful

Advisor
petehbsn

Its Wednesday afternoon March 21 2012 and still no Belle update for Tesco Mobile (UK). What's going on ???

I sent a e-mail to customer service and and they have not got a clue when we should have the update.

might go back to iphone when my contract is up.

Not happy with the service I get from Nokia and Tesco Mobile at all:smileyfrustrated:

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Probably easier for Tesco to reject Belle update on some pretext and hope complaints fizzle out!

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Contributor
tellyb69

I seem to remember that Tesco took about two months before 'approving' the Anna update. Perhaps we should be looking at the second week in April for availability? Then again, with more water under the bridge the Belle update may be even less of a priority for Tesco. Could we be left waiting for THREE MONTHS this time around?

I'll not be buying another phone through Tesco Mobile, no way, I'm sick of them.
Professor
greycounciller

For those of you waiting for the Tesco update, have you tried visiting an NCC to get a generic version put on? I know with the Anna update I got mine done early coz I couldn't be bothered to wait for Tesco to release their version. As for the overall response to Belle, I've chosen to give it a miss. Unless FP1 really sorts a lot of Belles issues out.