Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Thank You Nokia for the N97 Symbian Belle Update

Registered Member
N0kiaN97User

Thank You Nokia for the N97 Symbian Belle Update

Nokia has just released firmware V34.0.0.2 for NOKIA N97 and I have it running on my phone. It has also increased free C drive space to 256 MB. Phone has a very Symbian Anna like look, but not sure if this is real Symbian Anna or Symbian Belle. I am going with Symbian Belle. It also looks very similar to Nokia Evolve theme and HTC nonsense type clock on home page.

Thanks to Nokia for releasing such a wonderful software and supporting phone even after several years of service.

The update took more than a year… and was late, but is one of the best.

Keep it up Nokia

I am attaching a few screenshots of my N97 for your viewing pleasure

A Happy Nokia N97 User

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Wietse1995

Re: Thank You Nokia for the N97 Symbian Belle Update

[ Edited ]

Why do you tell us only rubbish? It isn't true that the phone Nokia N97 will get the Belle update.

This phone don't get the Belle update. Go away please, If you report only rubbish. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi N0kiaN97User,

Unfortunately Symbian Belle will not be available for N97. Nokia models for which Belle will become available can be found at the end of this page. Latest software version for N97 is currently 22.0.110, and can be checked from this page.

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
prodark

hi i just like to know if is going to be any new update for n97! because it looks like nokia forgot about this phone, i love this phone but i reagret buying it, i have nokia since i remember, but if nokia continues to launch new phones and stops updating the old ones, this was probably the last time i bought nokia!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
blakkpanter

how did you get to install that theme/CFW ?

N9 64 Black
N900
N97 Black
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

@blakkpanter you can't install Belle in N97 as Belle is symbian^3 os update which N97 doesn't support being an old phone
and also discussions related to illegal softwares,CFW etc is not allowed here
Please use plain text.
Advisor
blakkpanter

I know u cant cos N97 specs dont allow it, but if its a theme i think it looks good. :smileyhappy:

N9 64 Black
N900
N97 Black
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

those are the screen shots of a Belle running phone
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Why is the thread starter claims unbelievable and impossible things? Everybody knows that N 97 being a S60V5 device cant support Anna or belle. Besides, C memory (and ram) are part of hardware and cannot be upgraded via software updates. Why dont moderators take action against such members?
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
EbbaG

Sarkasm?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
drangertornado

Although we cannot upgrade the phone memory Nokia can map portions of 32GB mass memory as phone memory via firmware update this solves phone memory issues in N97.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sokdy

how about nokia n97 mini ? can it update to symbian belle to or not ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

It has been stated hundreds of times that the S60V5 phones cant support Nokia Anna or belle. Why Dont you go thru the forum before putting before us such a query?
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rocky619

So nokia is going to update n97 software or not ? Or should we buy other phones which knows to keep their customers happy.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
USER1212

[ Edited ]

how you can update your Nokia N97 with Belle OS ,,,

*removed private information, publishing this on a public forum is not advised.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tonethefone

Sadly this information is out of date . Neither page which Jampe references actually point to the correct pages any more. For example, the list of handsets which DO support Belle is no longer here http://europe.nokia.com/symbian-belle. And it is no longer possible to find what the latest software for your N97 is using this URL http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-support/n97 which Jampe mentions.

Anyone have current versions of either or both pages???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pradsngh523

how could a cfw be illegal if nokia puts devices nd their users on their fate.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
waseemrazajafri

have you install a costome rom??
please share your rofs2 file

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Girishab86

Hi,

I am the user of N97. when I gone to ask to update my N97 to Symbian Belle the Nokia care cetre people informed that there is no such updates. Is it true that the N97 has symbian belle updates legally......???? Please anybody reply....

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

[ Edited ]

The N97 cannot run Belle, as it does not have the hardware to support it, especially the required graphics processor

Searching the web you may be able to find some unnoficial firmware variants for this device but nokia's policy is not to allow discussion of them here and nokia will take no responsibility for any consiquences of someone trying to install them onto their phone

Please use plain text.