Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: That's incredible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

That's incredible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S INCREDIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vandelay wrote:

Taken from the Nokia Device Update FAQ at
http://europe.nokia.com/A4577229#faq34

Why has my device changed language after updating?
After an update, your Nokia device may restart in its native language. To change the language go to Settings > Phone > General > Phone language.

If your Nokia device was originally manufactured for use in another country or region, using Nokia Software Updater may revert the set of available device languages to the original language set.

If your preferred language is no longer available after using Nokia Software Updater, you may need to return your Nokia device to a Nokia Care point to have this language reinstated.

I'm from Italy and this is the first time that I write on a forum loke this from Nokia.

Well ,  today i have done the upgrade for my nokia n95-1 with the nokia updater.

Surprise my phone has changed country! Now it can speak almost all languages of the world, but... but not Italian!

goobye T9, bye bye italian menu and bye  to the others things  WRITTEN IN ITALY.

My mind  said  me "Stupid you have done something worng during the upgrade!" but.... but what I'v done It was OK.

Now there's the surprise I've to go to Nokia Point to set the right language on my phone, but... but surely 

I'VE TO PAY THIS FUNNY WORK! 

Dear Nokia , after 10 (TEN !!!!! ) phones from your brand, You have lost a buyer.

thanks a lot.

Sorry for my bad english, but You can understand that I prefer ITALIAN LANGUAGE

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Re: That's incredible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You, unfortunately, happened to buy a device that was originally manufactured for some other country/region.

Then some importer or reseller (most probably not a legitimate importer, because they'd ordered that was intended for Italy, and not for some other country) decided to buy them anyway.

Then that illegitimate importer had the phone flashed with Italian firmware, but did a bad job (or didn't know what they were doing).

After that, they sold it to you.

Now, as you used the Nokia Software Updater (NSU) to upgrade the firmware, and because the illegitimate importer did a bad job, the NSU software looked up the product code on the phone, which identifies the firmware language version that should be on the phone.

After that, NSU retrieved the latest version of the firmware that was put on the phone originally at the factory (which is different than what your illegitimate importer/retailer put on it) and updated the phone with that.

Next time, if you buy a Nokia phone again, buy it from a legitimate/authorized retailer.

You can also go to the illegitimate retailer and ask them to give you a unit that was originally intended and manufactured for Italy.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

You should contact the retailer and ask them why they sold you a phone not intended for the Italian market.

The retailer must have struck a deal for some cheaper units from Eastern Europe, Asia or some other part of the world, and then installed an Italian language pack over the "Italian-less" firmware. Whatever the exact chain of events, the fact remains that the phone you have was not originally intended for the Italian market. The absence of Italian support on it is therefore not Nokia's fault, so there's no reason why Nokia should accept responsibility for the retailer's actions.

The retailer is at fault here. Take it up with them.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.

hey guy, before the firmware upgrade my phone spoke a perfect italian language !

In this upgrade for  Nokia N95-1, there's a black hole about languages: I can set a lot of languages: Automatic, english, deutsch, russian (I suppose), another one unknown ( ????), romania (?????), bulgarian (?????)m , hungarian. Nothing about italian, spanish, french, greek.  It's my fault? I think that a serious brand MUST release an upgrade with the complete options. After the upgrade,  the user will choice the right one. 
Please the next time, if you have a good suggestion about my problem, wirte me again , otherwise don't try to explain to a cat how to climb on a tree....

That's all.

Bye
Please use plain text.
Professor
xenogriff

considering the number of languages available in the world, i believe nokia has decided to include commonly used languages for a particular region rather than including them all in order to free up memory on the phone.

if u had purchased a phone that wasnt manufactured for that particular region, then when updating the phone, u will receive the language options for that region which might or might not include ur preferred language

if my post helped u out, please click the Star next to it to add some KUDOS to my name :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Just because you didn't like the answer doesn't make it any the less true.

At least you confirmed my suspicion that the phone was bought from Eastern Europe. The retailer then installed an Italian language pack on the phone in a way that would not survive a reset or a firmware update. So, I repeat this, the retailer is at fault here for selling you an Eastern European model and not telling you, and for preparing it for retail in Italy in an incomplete way (and potentially voiding the warranty in the process!). Nokia is not responsible and should not have to pick up the tab for a retailer's incompetence.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

What happend with my post on this forum?????

Who deleted my post and why? 

is it forbiden to express my opinion on this forum about Nokia?

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Hi Dado,

You know why your post was removed, because the removal was explained in a personal message which you read and replied to.

Constructive criticism about Nokia, its products and its services is perfectly acceptable but we do not allow insulting, abusive behaviour just for the sake of it.

The terms and conditions of Nokia Support Discussions are clearly laid out and every member agrees to be bound by them when they create their account.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=guidelines&thread.id=3

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.