Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to reinstall Feature Pack 1 for Nokia 7...

Advisor
mdcoley

Unable to reinstall Feature Pack 1 for Nokia 701: SIM card required / Insert SIM

I have just upgraded my 701 to Feature Pack 1 using Nokia Suite, however, given I've had problems in the past with the Microsoft ActivSync always asking for passwords with Google I thought I'd reset the phone and reinstall from scratch.

I performed a hard reset by pressing the menu, volume down and camera keys as I turned the phone on then tried to reinstall using both Nokia Suite (beta), Nokia Suite (normal) and Nokia Software Updator. All of them say I need to insert a valid SIM card! There is nothing wrong with the SIM card that is in - it works fine. I've tried two others, one from a different network, with no success. I've changed the profiles around and turned off the security code, but still no success.

A number of applications are missing since the hard reset, notably Nokia Store, which won't install at all, either the current version or the one from betalabs. They download but the installation fails.

Any suggestions?

I've also noticed the calendar week view is no longer there, scroll bars have stopped working, and the menu key can no longer be cancelled by pressing the same bit of screen again (the new menu has been drawn too low).

Best wishes,

Mark.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mdcoley

Re: Unable to reinstall Feature Pack 1 for Nokia 701: SIM card required / Insert SIM

I've now uninstalled the beta Nokia Suite, for the old one, and that doesn't work either. It downloads the software (450ish MB) then backs up the phone, then says error 12054 and stops.

I can't get Nokia Store to install still. Going to store.nokia.com and following the prompts/installation requests finally says 'Unable to install' and gives up.

Nokia, how do I get my phone back to an out-of-the-box condition? Surely there must be some way?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Re: Unable to reinstall Feature Pack 1 for Nokia 701: SIM card required / Insert SIM

Hi mdcoley,
when a 3 finger hard reset is performed in this phone,the only way to put it working correctly,is taking it to a nokia care center.
They will solve your problem.
It's the experience i have with the same phone.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mdcoley

Oh dear, doesn't sound too good. The phone works fine though, I have installed Opera, Maps 2.0 and e-mail. It's just Nokia Store and a full reflash that are not going through. The former just says 'Unable to install' and the latter says there is no SIM card.

Is there anyone from Nokia that can confirm if this is a known problem or if a fix exists/will be forthcoming?

Mark.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mdcoley

Could it be that my phone is a Euro model (it isn't sold in the UK and I bought it from Expansys.com) and I have a UK SIM card? Do Nokia only allow full reflashes when the country of origin of the phone matches that of the SIM card?

Please use plain text.
photar

I am in the same boat... Same exact symptons as you state Mark. I am also missing MS OFfice and many of the builtin apps that originally came with Belle. All attempts to re-install Belle FP1 have failed with the same SIM error...

I have a feeling I need to: 1) Hard reset 2) install Belle and then 3) install Belle FP1... just don't know how to get the original Belle image...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Please use plain text.
jedisco

I'm also having thesame problem after hard reset. I can't install Ovi store. I've tried different versions even with qt. It installs and then shows unable to install
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

To solve the Nokia Store issue download and  install http://wapup.mobi/a36128 ,then install the latest version of Nokia store.

This should solve the store issue.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mdcoley

I have tried this and can now install Nokia Store (latest from betalabs), which loads and lets me browse. However, when I press 'log in' the screen goes black and nothing happens. Holding the menu button down shows 'nokiastoreclient' running and it is impossible to close this application.

Software reinstall still says I have to insert a SIM card.

Any more thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Remove this from installed apps menu on your phone: Nokia Store Installer.OpeService.

Install this file http://lr.ovi.mobi/store/client-symbian-3/.Now see if the store opens.

if so,should be prompt an update.update it.

About your question of Software reinstall i can't help you beacause i don't have that issue.

Anyway,the option to reinstall  software at this moment it's not available in my Nokia Suite.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mdcoley

Cheers! Store is now working. I didn't quite do things in your order as your post came in after I started experimenting. This is what I did:

Three-finger reset again.

Installed the .sisx file above (cwrt core).

Installed the Nokia Store from Betalabs (with Qt 4.7.4).

Read your post, so deleted those two files you mentioned from installated apps.

Installed earlier version of Nokia Store from your link.

Ran this, which prompted me to upgrade.

Can now log in without the black screen.

It seems remarkable that doing a factory reset means the phone doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

mdcoley wrote:

Cheers! Store is now working. I didn't quite do things in your order as your post came in after I started experimenting. This is what I did:

Three-finger reset again.

Installed the .sisx file above (cwrt core).

Installed the Nokia Store from Betalabs (with Qt 4.7.4).

Read your post, so deleted those two files you mentioned from installated apps.

Installed earlier version of Nokia Store from your link.

Ran this, which prompted me to upgrade.

Can now log in without the black screen.

It seems remarkable that doing a factory reset means the phone doesn't work.

That's the question;Nokia advise to never do a 3 finger hard reset.this process delete some files that isn't recoverable even reinstall software.
I have a C7 as well and already perform a 3 finger hard reset,but a software reinstall put it back as 2out of the box".don't know why this do not works in Nokia 701 
At least you have the store back again right?
As far as i know it should be missing in your phone,the photo and video editor right?
That's why i took mine to Nokia Care Center,they put the phone as out of  the box.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

The best way to get it out of the box is to restore factory settings on the phone and then re-install firmware from Nokia Suite.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mdcoley

Loureiro:

I did the factory reset as when I tried the reset from the menus the phone locked up, backlight on, and wouldn't do anything. This was the start of my problems! I don't have the video editor so will have to visit a Nokia Care point I think.

mechanimal82:

This had been my first thought but Nokia Suite/Software Updater both tell me to insert a SIM card before they will reflash, which isn't helpful as the SIM card is already in. See first post at top.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Try cleaning your sim card and making sure there's nothing in the space which it's inserted.

Use a pencil rubber to clean over the bronze connections.
If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Loureiro

Taking it to a Nokia Care is the best thing to do at this moment,belive me.

I hope you get your phone working correctly and in my opinion that's the best way.

Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia 701
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mdcoley

I am downloading the latest Nokia Suite from betalabs released today. Will see if that works. I doubt there is a problem with the SIM cards. Have tried four now, one brand new. 2x Vodafone, 1x Wave Telecom (Channel Islands) and 1x ASDA. No luck.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

Might well be a hardware issue with the phone, as suggested by Loureiro it may be a case that you need to take it to your local Nokia Care Center.
Please use plain text.
jedisco

Thank you very much. My Ovi Store is now working perfectly.
However, I still have a problem- after the fp1 and Microsoft apps update my mail stopped working. When I try to open it, it shows a black screen and the phone hangs. Please any solution?
Please use plain text.