Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to update 6500 slide

Queenie676

Unable to update 6500 slide

Hiya I hope someone can help. My sister gave me her old Nokia 6500 Slide. The display started to do some weird things so I checked and found out that I should update the software. The only problem is when I connect the phone to my laptop, my laptop doesn't recognise it. There is no dum dum noise and it's not in the My Computer page. Im guessing there is a problem with the usb?? I've also tried to go to Settings - Phone - Phone updates- Download software, but get no network connection come up, even though I can connect to the internet???

I'm confused. Can someone please help?

Phe x

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Re: Unable to update 6500 slide

Hi Queenie676

Try to use Nokia Suite to update the software version of your phone. 

Hope this will help you.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.