Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to update Lumia 800 to 7.8

hahhuli

Unable to update Lumia 800 to 7.8

[ Edited ]

I posted this here earlier, but problem did not solve.

Phone says there is an update available, I try updating, 9/10 in update progress, and error:  80070017

Do not suggest me to: 

Call Nokia technical support - they won't help **bleep**

Boot my Lumia - Doesn't help

Reinstall Zune -  Doesn't help

Check USB ports / use other USB port - Tried, doesn't help

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp7-sync/what-does-error-code-80070017-mean-when-u...

That did not help me at all.

Thanks Nokia. Last time I'm buying your products.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

There is nothing Nokia support can do about an issue with Microsoft software.

Do you have Realplayer installed? if so I'd suggest you remove it. Not only is it hopelessly bloated and totally redundant nowadays, it is also known to interfere with, amongst other things, the update processes for Zune..

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
hahhuli

[ Edited ]

I'm tired of being polite:

**bleep** whole Nokia (trying to get away from your responsibility by saying we didn't make the OS?), **bleep** whole Microsoft (**bleep** and buggy **bleep**)

I **bleep**ing paid MONEY for this phone and now I can't even **bleep**ing update this **bleep**.

Never again Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Have BLEEP day.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DESe6

Hey Jimmy, you sure seem to like to use a lot of sarcasm.  Nokia has messed up some stuff recently and if anyone points it out you have a hissy fit. Why don't you try to be helpful instead?  I mean, you are a "Mobile Overlord", averaging 8.7  posts per day for the last 58 months.  It seems you have nothing to do, so why not help out instead of being a jerk?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

[ Edited ]

How are you going to help out people who do not understand common sense, who seem unable to find any information themselves, who walk into their car dealership asking why they have a problem getting the new Justin Timberlake CD to play in the car stereo, and who quite simply do not show any intention to even try and behave in a normal manner and ask questions but instead go on a pointless rant on a user to user support forum where all the information they need has been posted a gazillion times.

If people would just start and try oh..say  Google search.

If you _really_ want 7.8 _now_ it is _VERY_ easy to fnd out _how_. For everyone else you are delivered into the hands of the Microsoft update process for WP7.x phones and there is nothing anyone here, including Nokia, can do to change that once the update has been processed into that channel.

That said, 7.8 is nice, but not that big a deal really. Again getting it on your phone tomorrow takes about 10 minutes to figure out but it's something we can't discusss here. OP started a thread, got a proper answer, started an other similar topic and went off on a rant .. how's that gonna help anyone?

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DESe6

@paulheu: Jimmy has a habit of brushing people off who bring up problems with Nokia. Given: they may vent out of frustration, I have done the same. But to just blow someone off is not what the discussion boards are about. hahhuli said he had a problem and got an error. The link he gave didn’t help. It does happen. I have had Nokia updates completely wipe the Maps app off my phone. Sometimes things don't go according to what should have happened. hahhuli was obviously frustrated. Why not offer something to help instead of blowing him off? As a “Mobile Overlord” I would think Jimmy would have a little more patience.
Please use plain text.
hahhuli

[ Edited ]

@ Jimmy: Sir, you are just full of **bleep**, are you some hired **bleep**tard?

When I buy a new mobile phone, I INDEED DO NOT EXPECT IT TO FAIL IN ONE **bleep**ING SIMPLE UPDATE.

Do you think I have not tried Googling around the web and trying to find a solution for that error code even Microsoft don't know what it means?

I even tried this fancy trick where you put your phone in offline mode, connect it to Zune, search updates, turn your internet off, wait a few seconds, start your internet again, and hope it updates. Like if updating a phone is tricking around like that I would rather give up and buy some other phone.

Every friend of mine who has Lumia 800 has this problem.

E: And what makes this even more fun is that my phone offers a new update every single day, which what I of course can't install due the common problems.

Please use plain text.