Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Update Nokia 5800 XpressMusic software

mdcas

Update Nokia 5800 XpressMusic software

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I update my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic through Nokia Suite on my personal computer.

Step 1. Get Started and Step 2. Back up was successfully done. On Step 3. Install, I follow the instructions. Then my phone screen turns white. Then the logo of Nokia and its version was displayed on the screen. Then it shut-down/turned OFF by itself. A message on my Nokia Suite(on my PC) says "Your phone is restarting" and an instructions below says "Take a look at your phone. If it asks you for your PIN code, time and date, or your Nokia account details, type them on your phone. You may also need to choose the Nokia Suite (or Nokia Ovi Suite, or PC Suite) USB mode on your phone. Then wait for the installation to continue.".. So I wait. Then a follow up message show that says "If your phone does not restart, remove and re-insert the battery, charger, and the USB cable. Then switch the phone on.".

So I follow the instruction. I removed and re-insert the battery, charger, and the usb cable. Then I switch the phone on. BUT the problem is.. it doesn't turn ON. Still off. When I long-press the POWER button, it vibrates but it doesn't continue to turn ON. I hear continues pop-up sound on my PC when the USB cable was connected. But still nothing happens.

Your immediate advice is highly appreciated on this matter. Thanks in advance.

mdcas

p.s.

Please see attached image file for reference.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Update Nokia 5800 XpressMusic software

Try suggestions from THIS resource ... If nothing works, you need to visit Nokia Care ...

Please use plain text.
mdcas

Thank you farby for that quick reply.. I will try the instructions on the link you gave me..
Please use plain text.
mdcas

it doesn't work for me.. :smileysad: any options?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Sorry.. but as mentioned earlier, you need to visit Nokia Care ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

nokaia5800
Please use plain text.