Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Update error 80180048 for Lumia 800

kneH

Update error 80180048 for Lumia 800

Hi,

I can't seem to get the 7.8 update installed. Zune passes me a 80180048 error.

I've been looking around for more information on the internet and all I can come across is this error happening to Samsung phones of 'Walshed' Windows Phones. I have neither and am pretty disappointed I can't seem to get the 7.8 update.

I've tried all the regular solutions I could think of:

- Reinstalling Zune

- Resetting the phone

- Installing WP support tools

And to be sure I also tried using CAB sender and Seven-Eighter which both fail with the same 80180048 error.

OS version: 7.10.8773.98

Firmware version: 1750.0805.8773.12220

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

kneH

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Update error 80180048 for Lumia 800

Do a phone reset and try again, also make sure firewall and antivirus is off

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
kneH

Like I mentioned I already tried the update after resetting my phone.
The result was the same.
Please use plain text.
sevecc

I am having the same problem with Lumia 800. After 2 steps done without any problems with the seveneighter, evrytime I try the 3rd one, I get the same error.

I have alos already tried hard reset of the device and did not help.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
xPunxNotDeadx

Been having the same issue myself.

Finally got into a discussion with Nokia and the Windows Phone support guys at MSFT and it was decided that the problem is with the phone firmware, and the only way to fix that is to return the phone to Nokia for them to re-flash it.

Epic fail on Nokia's part here - not testing an update on all the live firmware variants properly.

My phone's going to landfill now and I'll get myself a phone from someone else. Love Windows Phone, but Nokia have failed me (and a lot of others if you read forums!) - here's hoping the Surface Phone rumours are true!

Please use plain text.