Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Austral...

Registered Member
khouta0

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

Great news, product code 059D597 I will be waiting patiently for update thanks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

just in andrew's note, had a chat with voda, who btw did 't know which update i was talking about, and this is what they said

'we're in the early stages of working with nokia to deliver this update to customers, any news will be shared in our Weekly Wraps'

soooo obviously we're still way off fro getting the full version. The dark side is tempting...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23

Hey guys 

I might be the only optus user on here but I found his and it confirm that optus are aware of the update and that nokia are making it available  

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23

THE BALL IS ROLLING 

it's been updated to waitng for aproval

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

Ahh excellent work.

Wonder how long this will take???

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

well i am assuming 1 week,

Its funny how it skipped the "Software Under creation" tho :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

why do unbranded firmwares need approval o0?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

wooooohoooooooooooooo
shouldn't be too long!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

Waiting for approval = Nokia Belle has been submitted for operator and/or local review

reason is the local review
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23

well let's hope that wiating for aproval means tha
not waitimg to get the ok to create it and lets hope it's only week or two
the operaters seem keen on it so no reasion it should be knocked back

still stupid that we wern't going to get the up date to begin with not like the N8 hasn't done welk here

when i phone 4 was no different to the 3gs N8 was my choice and havnt looked back
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

[ Edited ]
Now that this process has begun, im hoping it's released in a couple of weeks too. Must add that there are quite a few hacked belle releases with heaps of unlocks, performance tweaks etc.. Just google belle mods 111....609. Very stable stuff.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Joshuatron

I'm all for getting my hopes up for this update. But I really don't want to get my hopes up again. Using a Nokia phone is like being in a relationship, it might be awesome at most times but be prepared for plenty of disappointment as well. Oh well. As long as it comes and we'll all be able to update to it. I'll be happy. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Sage

@Skyee

I hope you are releasing the update for phones purchased outright.

I have no interest in telstras opinion or any other telco.

If you cannot see that the relationship is between Nokia and myself, then we will

have an issue.

Please release this for my phone. Telstra dont do this with apple android so why us?

why the discrimination?

if we have a relationship dont bring you ex-boyfreind- yes its that offensive....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

Hi whatsamatteryou,

Your point should be addressed to Nokia (especially their marketing group here in Oz who stuffed is up in the first place) Yvonne Skyee is merely a channel to voice through and she has been very supportive by way of communicating Nokia's good or bad directions on a timely basis.

Nokia, whatsamatteryou has a valid point, what are you going to do about this?

Belle for unlocked variants in Canada is already available and not YET in Australia?

Why ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
daddoscorpion84

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Italia

My Nokia E7 -00 WIND is marked and can not do the update for Symbian BELLE, why?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
The_Fads

Hi yvonne,

Your Nokia Australia team is absolutely useless!
They released that statement to everybody. Although it doesnt really give us any information. Nokia has already released generic variants overseas, yet australia waits for carrier approval every time. Why?
Communication is vital with every business. Nokia australia is lacking in this regard.
Nokia Australia have had plenty of time to prepare for this update, yet no information was provided until the harsh backlash from their users. Even this information is useless & unhelpful.
Nokia has single handedly destroyed their reputation in Australia.
They have failed with every update that is released. Their PR department is incompetent.
If they were a little more proactive, then nokia may not be getting such negative publicity in australia (even from their own customers).

You can pass my feedback on to them if you like.

A very disappointed & disgruntled long term nokia supporter almost ex-customer.
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

@a340500

Yes... you are right ... and it is not personally directed at Skyee(sorry if I offended Skyee).

It is just the stupid bureaucratic aussie attitude that somehow they are important by obsfucating the process in a vain attempt to seem needed and important.
Everyone else in the world had plenty of time to test with networks more convoluted than  the Australian ones. So fire all the inept people in your australian branch( their support is horrible anyway )
Sorry I am sick of this... the Australian branch needs to work harder to meet its obligations to corporate HQ and not be the last place on earth to do something! What was the reponse ...
Oh yes now that it is shipping to everyone else in the world it will take us two weeks to get it (lol)
and then two weeks to test.
Is that by sea-mail? or donkey and camel train across the Nullabor plain? Everyone who doesn't work for Nokia AU has known it was coming and/or had a pre-release for Months.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

funny thing is, we live in a age of the internet, its easy to just send a file form someone to another, really easy...

Why cant they do that?

Please use plain text.
Sage
bumblebirra

I want a bigger photo of skyee :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.