Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Austral...

Sage
andrewaussie

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

i didnt think australia released pr 1.2
are you sure u have an australian product code.
is it a possible virus ?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

Make sure you do not have any Nokia Beta labs stuff installed before you flashed it.

If you did, unnstall it and all other added apps then reinstall Anna.

A Factory reset deleting all data helped me out initially. Right after a reboot, on connecting to Nokia suite, Anna updates 1/1 and 1/2 were waiting..

On os installation,  Maps and all other Suite related updates were installed

Last I reinstalled all my favourite apps.

Everything has worked well after that.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

Australia received PR1.2 a month or 2 after most other nations received PR1.1 much like how we received Anna 25.007 later vs 24.x and now seems like Belle too...

Hopefully it will be a bug free version

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sdgagotineurope

http://www.nokia.com/au-en/support/product/n8-00/

might be sooner than we think =) page changed tonight to list belle as latest software, not either of my product codes yet but movement none the less
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

andrewaussie wrote:
i didnt think australia released pr 1.2
are you sure u have an australian product code.
is it a possible virus ?

I believe it was only telstra that didnt get 1.2, as far as I can recall.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sdgagotineurope

yes Telstra missed out on 1.2 also last to get anna by a mile... I have one N8 generic aus and one optus both have been glitchy since anna, belle is nokia's last chance for me unless wp8 results in some serious upgrades from 7.5 in both hardware and for operational ability.

let's hope it comes soon... should never have been a delay in the first place

Please use plain text.
Contributor
damienhelen

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sdgagotineurope

i am sure that everyone on this forum will get the 808 if even half the rumors are true =) i am sure i will need to update in Q3/4 this year, even if i don't need to =)
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Right now my E7-00 works just fine. And with the current offerings from Nokia including the lumia 800 there is no way I would step backward to buy anything else.

After going thru specs for all the current asha series and lumia series and every other phone currently for sale avalable in any region of the globe. There is nothing that compares to the E7 or N8. And honestly there are only 2 features that are differnt on these models from each other. The E7 has the qwerty keyboard but only an 8MP cam, whereas the N8 has the 12MP cam, but no qwerty keyboard. 

Only the lumia 900 comes close, but it lacks the qwerty keyboard and the 12MP cam. It main advantage is the LTE (4G) with a 50Mb download speed. However this is only for the USA.

Whilst the asha series is a great entry level phone for many people who just wants something basic, The new top of the line phones seems very lacking when compared to existing phone from Nokia, and others.

Something on a slight tangent to this, why not produce a phone with no firmware as such. just supply say drivers only for it. and let the new owner install their own OS to suit themselves. Sounds weird Doesnt it. But honestly lets face it, the new cpu's in use today are all basically the same on the phones. and its this cpu that controls just about everything from the camera, to connection to the mobile network etc, and the other processors onboard are all used by other manufacturers anyway, so all these things already work on different platforms now. Phones these days are just small computers so why not treat them like that, let an owner buy the phone and install their own OS. It has the added benefit of releaving Nokia of all the update problems. 

Other than that i wont be buying any news phones for myself for at least another year or so.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Something i just noticed, as of yesterday, Vodaphone are saying on their weekly wrap up that Nokia still havent given them the firmware to test yet, nor have they given them any indication of the roll out schedule.

the following is a quote from the vodaphone blog

" Nokia have not yet advised on a roll-out schedule for Belle in Australia. We only include updates on this list when we physically have the updates for testing, until that point the responsibility is with the manufacturer. As soon as we have the update, I’ll share the news in the Weekly Wrap."

It can be found here http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/software-update-weekly-wrap-22022012/ in the comments section at the bottom

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
diprotodon

@John_Tesla  Nokia closed down my local care point in Darwin.  The closest is now in Bali, but Nokia doesn't have a global warranty, so even if I popped across the Timor Sea, they wouldn't support my N8.  

A bit more upfront information for those who don't live in the big smoke in this massive ochre-red land would be appreciated rather than hiding behind the veil of the care point.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Considering the appalling support for Nokia phones in Australia.. ,Give me a good reason why i should stick with them? Yes, i know the 803 or 808 Camera phone will probably be awesome, but so was the n8 when it was released.. What confidence can i have in getting continued support for future Nokia Models??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
a340500

[ Edited ]

Go get the mobile of another brand. Nokia Australia have proven that they don't care about supporting existing models very well but more for sales of new products..

I am moving on to Iphone 5 or anyhting else but Nokia as soon as something better surfaces.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

Yes i hope all this waiting gives us a less buggier version of Belle.... the NZ Belle im using at the moment likes to freeze randomly. This combined with "unremoveable" battery really becomes annoying especially when it freezes when you need the camera or something...

P.s. just did daily check of NF and no signs of movement on Australia =[ ... This is getting fairly annoying...
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

XxWWWSAMxX wrote:
Yes i hope all this waiting gives us a less buggier version of Belle.... the NZ Belle im using at the moment likes to freeze randomly. This combined with "unremoveable" battery really becomes annoying especially when it freezes when you need the camera or something...

P.s. just did daily check of NF and no signs of movement on Australia =[ ... This is getting fairly annoying...

Well considering it hadnt been started, we need to give sometime to get of the bugs. Whilst it is an issue that somehow they decided not to give us the update in the first place. its possibly been a blessing in disguise, in that everyone else who got it first up is having problems, so it gives them the chance to iron some of the bugs before we get it.

Please use plain text.
bugesie

[ Edited ]

a340500 wrote:

Go get the mobile of another brand. Nokia Australia have proven that they don't care about supporting existing models very well but more for sales of new products..

I am moving on to Iphone 5 or anyhting else but Nokia as soon as something better surfaces

You haven’t owned an iPhone then.

Apple doesn’t care about supporting the old models, all they care about is selling new models to people with old models.

I had an iPhone 3 when the 3GS came out, I updated to the new OS and the phone got slower and with each new update provided the phone got slower and slower until I got sick of it and sold it.

The "new feature" on the new iPhone called Siri was actually available on older iPhone models before the new iPhone 4S was released as a separate app from the app store.

When the iPhone 4S was released all people with the Siri app installed on their phone were told that the App was moving to the new iPhone and the app would stop working on a certain date.

So no apple does not care about people who have iPhones, all they care about are selling new phones.

I think apple would be the worst at looking after people with old models.

Nokia actually improves their old models even once they are replaced with new models.

Enjoy your iPhone!

Please use plain text.
bugesie

jamo128 wrote:

afterall they released the unbranded model right away for Canada but didn't for us.... 

So?

Canada is not Australia.

We own Australian models which need to meet Australian rules and specifications.

You want to use your Australian phone on an Australian network which is operated by Optus/Vodafone/Telstra and the difference is that our carriers want to evaluate the software to make sure that it does not interfere with the network you are using.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Bugesie,
International travellers can use their handsets to roam whilst in Australia and vice versa, so that argument weighs little. The main problem is , Nokia didnt forward the Belle FW to Australian Telcos for evaluation in the first place..
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Paul_Grenfell wrote:
Bugesie,
International travellers can use their handsets to roam whilst in Australia and vice versa, so that argument weighs little. The main problem is , Nokia didnt forward the Belle FW to Australian Telcos for evaluation in the first place..
Yes Paul whilst international travelers can use there mobiles here, Australian telecommunication laws require that the firmware meets Australian rules and guidelines. It must also comply with the individual carriers requirements. This apples to any radio telecommunication device that is designed to be for australia use and for sale n this country. Phones from other countries may not be completely compliant with Australian networks. This means the not all features and functions will work, most of these you more than likely will not even notice. Having said that the firmware was not even modified or written for australian mobiles at the time of the release. Which has turned out to a good thing. Mainly due to the issue seen overseas. As far as Canada goes, I would suggest that the carriers may have approved the update, but not for their customers, so it appears that Nokia made a decision to give it to the non branded phones only. So from what I can see you are both right....
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cRAZY_Canuck

Nokia Suite updated today, was given a teaser of an update being available right after update but wouldn't go through and then disapeared.

Will probably be around soon ish.

Please use plain text.