Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Austral...

Professor
jraduga

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

Sorry should have realised. had a shocker of a headache last night. bordering migraine. yes agreed its disgusting that it takes so long for all the variants to get the produced. I thought you had meant there were product codes not listed on the rollout site or going to be included in the rollout. I probably shouldnt have been on the computer last night.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bjorn77

Message from Ian at Optus on https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Nokia-Belle-Update/td-p/994/page/2:

"Have received word that we're currently testing the Belle update for the Nokia N8, C7 & E7 handsets but at this stage no info available on when it'll be available to update."

Hopefully not too much longer! :smileyvery-happy:

Björn

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alak

I have successfuly updated to symbian belle in australia and its pretty good product code 059D597
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bjorn77

[ Edited ]

Was that through Nokia? I've also got an 059D597.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
alak

updated through ovi suite
Please use plain text.
Advisor
cRAZY_Canuck

Updating my N8 as I type this, grey on Virgin.

Using Nokia suite, it's a 15-20 min update FYI
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ninjapanda

*slow clap.

Thanks for the update nokia but I suspect the damage has already been done. I would request that you wouldn't stuff up again with future updates ... but... u know. We can't really trust ya.

Oh and I had to update nokia suite to the most recent version beta version on beta labs and kill background processes via "app stop" for it to work so it wasn't even a smooth sailing process. The message "something went wrong" was highly unhelpful.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

[ Edited ]

These Australians FW are now out (for N8-00, i cbs checking other models, sorry if i missed any):
0599326: apac2_blu_australia
059K9T7: apac2_bronze_australia
0599249: apac2_dg_australia
0599302: apac2_gr_australia
0599340: apac2_or_australia
059G146: apac2_pink_australia
0599271: apac2_wh_australia
059D403: N8_00_RM_596_Country_Variant_Australia_AU_Blue_S3.1_V2_COLOR
059D402: N8_00_RM_596_Country_Variant_Australia_AU_Green_S3.1_V2_COLOR
059D597: N8_00_RM_596_CV_Australia_Dark_grey_S3.1_V2_COLOR

Thanks for the 2 month delay.... Hopefully this is final time as you guys have lost many through these anna and belle months long waits =/

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

Nokia X7 finally updated :smileyhappy:

It came with nokia bubbles as its lock screen (funny they canceled that project in the beta labs) runs alot better then it did tho :smileyvery-happy:

Yay finallllllllllllllly :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23

nokia N8 - optus update ? prductcode 059C6M2

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
XxWWWSAMxX

i cant see ur product code on nokia servers but it may or may not be available via FOTA.
check if u can update but calling *#0000# first, if not then its not out yet =[
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23

is there a reason why some people can get the update now and some can not or is the same old BS 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
damienhelen

[ Edited ]

Bout **bleep** time 10 weeks after a so called "GLOBAL" release!

Moderator's note: Profanity removed. Please don't try to bypass the smut filter. Also off topic discussion removed, please try stay on topic.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
damienhelen

[ Edited ]

Still can't get over how **bleep** the Aussie customers were treated. Outright damn pathetic.

Moderator's note: Profanity removed. Please don't try to bypass the smut filter.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23

yes well not all of us are ablt to update yet **bleep**? !

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

nick_fieldsy23 wrote:

yes well not all of us are ablt to update yet **bleep**? !

Nick yours is an Optus variant which is currently being tested. From what i can see only generic's/ non-branded phones were released last night.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23

yer i know thats what i ment look the people who havn't gotten there phone from and operator are going to say why do they have to wait 

same goes for us who have why do we have to wait ? 

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

nick_fieldsy23 wrote:

yer i know thats what i ment look the people who havn't gotten there phone from and operator are going to say why do they have to wait 

same goes for us who have why do we have to wait ? 

Nick, The firmware always has to be tested before it gets released. However when it comes to an operator based phone they often require some little extras added, not always but mostly. that means the firmware for a generic phone will be written first and then the oeprator additions will be made accordingly. Once a generic version is tested by anyone and approved, then thats all it needs. however when it comes to a branded variant the particular carrier has to test the whole thing to make sure that its going to work fully on their network.

If the carrier doesnt approve it for any reason then it will be sent back to nokia to be changed. once changed it goes back to the carrier for further testing. mean while the generic handset or non-branded handset firmwares can be rolled out.

Yes it should have been ready for the world release, but for whatever reason it wasnt so we need to carry on and move forward. Hopefully all carrier variants will be released very soon. There have been many discussions of late about the roll out and why it wasnt ready, and I'm quite sure that Nokia are now fully aware of how we all feel about what has happened and working to make sure that it doesnt happen again and to get all variants out ASAP now.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mushroom

At last Nokia has thrown the ball in the telco's court.

But why are some variants still under creation? I can understand that some carriers have their own bloatware but can there really be so much difference when the firmware has been created for some of the devices and not others?

I am one of the unlucky ones who chose an X7 when I updated my Optus contract. The main reason was that this was the only model available on a plan that I could afford and was even then slightly dearer than the original plan.

Now Optus is not even supplying these phones so I have a feeling that if Nokia ever get around to designing the software then Optus will not be in any hurry to approve it.

I am paying out my phone on a contract just like any other user. Why should people like me be disadvanteged even further?

I wish that my lotto numbers would come up so that I could gladly throw this X7 in the bin.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Ninjapanda:  *slow clap.

Thanks for the update nokia but I suspect the damage has already been done. I would request that you wouldn't stuff up again with future updates ... but... u know. We can't really trust ya.

Agree entirely!

Please use plain text.