Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Austral...

Counsellor
Mushroom

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

[ Edited ]

Just decided to plug my X7 into Nokia Suite....just in case I was missing something. Nokia Suite says I have no internet connection! I've got news for you I am on the internet right now (and not connected through my phone either)
Is anything going to go right?????

Meanwhile I receive a nice little brochure from Optus in the mail suggesting that I may like to upgrade my husband's mobile to a Nokia Lumia. HA!

Employee
kerttu

Hi everyone,

as you might have noticed, the phased roll-out of Nokia Belle has begun in Australia but please be aware that timings will vary depending on your operator.

We have now published the non-branded Nokia software and country variants (for N8, E7 & X7) for Australia. The Availability -page has been refreshed with the latest information.

Counsellor
diprotodon

Is there any reason why Telstra N8 059C199 is listed as being released to Telstra, but 059D776 not?

Employee
kerttu

@diprotodon,

Actually nothing particular, it's already in testing as well but I had just missed that information when doing the latest update for the Availability page. Sorry about that, hope you understand.

Sage
andrewaussie

[ Edited ]

well it looks like i have a bit more good news to throw at you guys, looks like telstra will release there version a week earlier than they expected (it was approved yesterday).. its almost, Almost ready

Counsellor
a340500

Looks like Vodafone are nearly done too

Mitch says:

Hey kieran,

Is it possible to give us a “% completed” for the “current phase” of testing for the nokia belle update? And also how many phases of testing it has gone through? It would be much appreciated for all of us waiting patiently for the belle update.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 10:16 am

Kieran McIlwain says:

Hi Mitch, please to confirm the current round of testing is 100% complete. We’ll receive the testing report shortly expect to have an outcome for you in next week’s post if not sooner.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 10:49 am

Mitch says:

Thank you kieran! Much appreciated. Just two further questions: is it possible to let us know how many rounds of testing it has gone through since you’ve received it? And is the above quote “the current round of testing is 100% complete” relevant to both the N8 and the C7? thanks again.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 10:53 am

Kieran McIlwain says:

Hi Mitch, we’ve had two test cycles for the Nokia Belle update with a period of development by Nokia in between. This applies to both the N8 and the C7.

Sage
andrewaussie

big code RED guys, telstra have approved the update, but now nokia have found a class issue Nokia that telstra didn't test for (I'm not sure whats going on with the other operators).
so at this current time im waiting to hear back on what the fault is but ill keep u all informed. this could mean a whole new round of testing for all the opperators.

(rest assured Nokia are atleast trying to get the update out bug free)
Counsellor
craig_baldie

andrewaussie wrote:
rest assured Nokia are atleast trying to get the update out bug free

What about all of the generic codes that have been released already?

Sage
andrewaussie

as for the released versions im not sure what the issue is atm so i cant say what they will be doing. id say if they have to do a fix the generic ones will get another patch. lets wait and see what the issue is
Professor
jraduga

hmmm...interesting andrew..

Sage
Akuma07

Vodafone have just announced they have finished testing Nokia Belle and have given approval.

Nokia what is the status?
Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Counsellor
a340500

[ Edited ]

Kerttu, Given that Vodafone has offically approved Belle as per their Blog:

http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/software-update-weekly-wrap-18042012/

N8
(3 and Vodafone Variants)
Symbian AnnaNokia BelleApproved by Vodafone. Pending roll-out by manufacturer; keep an eye on our blog for further information.
C7
(3 and Vodafone Variants)
Symbian AnnaNokia BelleApproved by Vodafone. Pending roll-out by manufacturer; keep an eye on our blog for further information.

Please let us know when will Nokia release the update.

Employee
kerttu

hi a340600 et co.,

it will usually take at least few a days for the software to flow through after approval so it is difficult to give an accurate estimate on the timing. If all goes well, the Nokia Belle update for you should be available in the beginning of next week. 

I will make sure to keep you updated, stay tuned!

Counsellor
a340500

Cheers Kerttu
Counsellor
Joshuatron

That's great news! I'm happy to see Nokia get their **bleep** in gear and give us Australian's the update. For me at least, it should only be a couple of days until I'm running Belle on my N8. But I wish the rest of you guys the best of luck in getting your update and hopefully we won't have the same issues if Carla is to be released on the Symbian^3 devices. :smileyhappy:
I'll honestly never buy another brand of phone other than Nokia. :smileyhappy:
Sage
andrewaussie

hey guys I think belle is out for Vodafone :smileyhappy:
come on telstra
Counsellor
a340500

[ Edited ]
Correct Andrew, got it 8pm Melbourne time last night. Overall looks great. Will take a bit of time to customize it though. Lost all three editions of Angry birds but that's ok ! Kerttu & Nokia. Thanks at last. Next time please include Australia in your global release.
Counsellor
Mushroom

I don't feel like thanking Nokia just yet as the software for my X7 still hasn't been developed and I am not alone.

It is not a pleasant feeling to know that I am paying hundreds of dollars for this phone on a contract just like many of you but I am obliged to make do with the older operating system. 

It is no use asking why some of us are still being overlooked and forgotten, it makes me too angry. I have to accept that I have been well and truly shunted to the back of the queue and that the value of my phone is now almost zero.

Yes, I can still make calls but the thrill has gone out of it and I don't feel that I will ever get that back.

Professor
jraduga

@Mushroom

maybe its worth leaving a comment on here https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Nokia-Belle-Update/td-p/994/page/2 it might help

Counsellor
Joshuatron

Vodafone has approve "3 and Vodafone" variants. Except the Vodafone variants are released but my 3 variant apparently hasn't been released yet.

My product code is 059C6P7. If anyone can shed any light on this, it'd be greatly appreciated! :smileyhappy: