Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Austral...

Advisor
Mushroom

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

@jraduga.
Thanks for the link but I don't see how Optus can be of any help when it is Nokia who have not yet even developed the software.
At this point I don't even know if it has been started. If not it could be many more months before it comes through.
Now that the majority of users have been accommodated I feel things will go quiet & the likes of me will be forgotten.
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

The only thing is the list that nokia have for the updates is a week old. And the last comment on the optus site from optus was on the 16th, so maybe it might have been delivered by now especially as the generics got theres last week including the E7's. Optus have said that they are testing the E7's as well, and they were on the last to be done list like the X7. I hope one of the mods or maybe Kerttu will be chasing this for us.

The X7 like, the E7 and N8's are all sister/brother (my version of not being sexist) phones. So I hope Nokia are following this up for us. Communication is the key here. Please let our friends who have X7's know what is happening. 

Please use plain text.
Employee
kerttu

hi everyone,

we are now publishing the software as per approvals, but as usual, it can take few days from the approval before the software reaches you. I'm still waiting for few further confirmations, but I will also be updating the Availability page later today (Europe time).

@Joshuatron, update for 059C6P7 will be available within few hours :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mangbecak

It's Up it's UP it's UPPPPP (for 059c6p7)...ie 3 mobiles!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Joshuatron

Hey guys, it's up now. :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks Kerrtu. It's nice to have someone at Nokia on our side and someone at Nokia that actually talks to us.

Thanks a bunch guys. (:

059C6P7 is now available! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
diprotodon

AndrewAussie Any word on Telstra variants release yet?

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

none as of yet. i sent of another e-mail yesterday. but as today is a public holiday it prob wont be red till thurs. but i exect we should get the udate at the end of this week or next week. i'll let you know when i know more.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
diprotodon

Every now and then I ask on Twitter.  Telstra keep pointing to their smartphone update site (http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/mobile-phones/smartphones/index.htm) which still shows Symbian Anna as the current release!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mushroom

Credit where it is due...thank you Nokia for finally doing the work.
Better late than never and now, in my case, the ball is squarely in Optus' court.
I intend to give them a hard time as well.
Perhaps the next update, if there is one, could be handled a little better.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Slug69

Still waiting for my Optus Belle update...I have been hanging out for this for a long time.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Akuma07

Thank you for finally getting Belle into my hands Nokia.

I am glad to have new software on my phone, but it isnt really exciting anymore. There are several features I kind of miss from Anna actually.

I am still planning to switch teams once the SGS3 gets released.

Sorry Nokia, it is just.... Nokia Belle seems like a step forward, it is too bad you have dumped the OS. Belle is the version of Symbian you SHOULD have released 2 years ago.

Hit the white star if I have helped you =]
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

bad news guys :smileysad: its gonna be a dry wait for the Telstra variant, as I have been informed Telstra received and approved the update, it then went back to nokia for finalising and they have found an issue upon return when they coded the Telstra variant they broke the FOTA upgrade path for potential future updates.. Telstra have confirmed with me there will be another round of testing. im just waiting for an official announcement and dates..
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Sorry to hear that guys and girls, whilst its definitely not ideal at all. On the brightside at least you will know that there wont be issues with FOTA in the future. better to have it fixed now than later. It still is not good though.

Maybe Telstra can fast track this next round of testing for you all.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

mm I don't want any fast tracking of firmware. im happy to wait for it, that's and they have told me its the standard week test. the good side is that when they got the first version it was approved in the first round of testing. so im hopeful
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

COME ON NOKIA WHERES THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REG. THE DELAY FOR THE TELSTRA VARIENTS (ITS TAKING LONGER THAN ANNA)....
IM TRYING TO KEEP CALM AND NOT USE FOUL LANGUAGE BUT UR CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS BECOME WELL.. IT ACTUALY SEEMS NOKIA IS NO LONGER AND MICROSOFT HAVE FULLY TAKEN OVER THERE IS NO HEAT, SOUL AND INTEGRITY LEFT @ NOKIA.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

and is NOKIA BELLE 3.1 belle with the feature pack 1. because all the australian variants seem to be getting a belle 3.1 version
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nick_fieldsy23

WHAT IS TAKING OPTUS SO LONG - ????? IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZZY

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

have you tried emailing the CEO of Optus.. im guessing they have the same faut on there varient as the telstra
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mushroom

Time to take a bit more action in the Optus forums.

It seems that everything there has come to a grinding halt.

https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Nokia-Belle-Update/td-p/994/page/3

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rizt

Nokia have gone quiet again. No replies from them at all?
I've got a generic E7, the Belle update has been sitting in my ovi suit for a while now.
I haven't updated though, the issues that people have reported with it (bugs, missing features et al), have been a major deterrent. No replies from Nokia about this issue either. Will they be doing something about it, or is this update the end of the line for any updates for Symbian on phones like mine?

This whole update fiasco and has gone way beyond silly now. Its appalling, somebody really needs to knock at the doors of some higher ups...
Please use plain text.