Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Austral...

Contributor
The_Fads

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

@nokia

How incompetent does nokia look at the moment. They release Belle firmware worldwide on the 8th of Feb. Yet 3 months after this date there are still many variants that don't have the update. Yes i know many Australian variants got their update last week. But that was almost 3 months late!
Are nokia not embarassed? Are they trying to become an obsolete company? This is not the first time nokia have failed miserably at releasing updates.
It's amazing how quickly things change in 5 years. Nokia used to be respected. They were the leaders. Now they're just dead last! Maybe everyone at nokia australia bought an android or iphone.
There are still 5 remaining variants for the N8 in Australia. 3 for optus & 2 for telstra. I am on optus with variant 059C6M2. Optus have estimated a release date of late May!!! Thats 4 months after the worldwide release date. Absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

so, after updating to belle, i have noticed 2 things

My battery seems not to last as long
and my phone randomly beeps... for no REASON.. i mean well sometimes it beeps when connecting to a wifi, but it shows no warning or notice of doing so, so sometimes your like **bleep** is this beeping..

*end rant*
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sean86aus

[ Edited ]

This entire process has really irriated many people, including myself. I will NEVER purchase a Windows OS mobile device, and as such, am quite annoyed that Nokia wasn't going to support its existing Symbian 'customers' in Australia. You have two OS's Nokia, and I will only purchase devices with Symbian on them, stop supporting that, and I will have no choice but to purchase an Android device (which you dont ship devices with, and will be the first mobile that i've bought that ISNT a Nokia). Due to these events, it makes me question whether I will be doing so much earlier than your abandonment of Symbian in future years.

Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

jamo128 wrote:
so, after updating to belle, i have noticed 2 things

My battery seems not to last as long
and my phone randomly beeps... for no REASON.. i mean well sometimes it beeps when connecting to a wifi, but it shows no warning or notice of doing so, so sometimes your like **bleep** is this beeping..

*end rant*

Hi Jamo,

It was strange when I first update to belle, I also felt that the phone battery wasnt lasting as long, but now that its been a week or two, i find that IMHO that it last as long if not longer than it did before. And I seem to have more things running on it. for instance like a weather app that keeps checking location and then updating the weather. I would have thought this would have drained that battery even more, especially as it uses GPS for the location.

Not sure what the beeping would be, My e7 doesnt seem to beep. My only issue is trying to install microsoft apps v2. installed V1 without issue, but not v2 and its the only app that i have problems. Everything else on the phone works very well.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Bad enough , Nokia Australia having angered so many by not providing Belle update, along with the rest of the World, but it seems Symbian has been abandoned altogether, as Nokia Australia have now said they wont be selling the Award winning 808.
No wonder they are bleeding customers..
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Paul_Grenfell wrote:
Bad enough , Nokia Australia having angered so many by not providing Belle update, along with the rest of the World, but it seems Symbian has been abandoned altogether, as Nokia Australia have now said they wont be selling the Award winning 808.
No wonder they are bleeding customers..

Paul are you sure. surely they will sell it, they would have to crasy not to. I have beeen considering my next phone and it came down to 1 of 2 phones, either the lumia 900 or pureview 808. And BTW the 808 was winning, in my mind.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rizt

I can't also seem to find the E7 on the Nokia Australia website anymore... you've got pictures of it everywhere, but when you try and search through phones, it isn't listed.

**bleep**? :-S
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

i have it on good word telstra approved Belle today.. not long now
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

Sweet. My nokia suite won't even check for updates. Complains about the service being down.

Thanks for the regular updates angry Andy :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

[ Edited ]

jraduga ,
Positive the 808 wont be released in OZ by Nokia Australia. Nokia confirmed it on their facebook page.. Sad day for OZ again..
There are a couple of retailers planning to import for us, but they wont be available on plans, so upfront cash needed.. About $700-800
:smileysad:

PS They havent commited to 900 yet either, although Allphones will be selling it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sean86aus

Thats a joke. The 808 isn't coming to Australia? What am I meant to get after my N8 plan runs out? Im definately not getting a Lumia.

No wonder their market share is constantly decreasing.. don't understand what their EXISTING customers want.

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Vodafone has released the E7 in NZ but not the N8 it's got al problem Nokia has to fix. Amazing, Anna was ok from day one, the E7 ok but the N8's not.
Flash or give up? Perhaps I'll feel more positive tomorrow.
N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

[ Edited ]

Telstra wont be selling the 808 because nokia fail to give proper Symbian device support anymore.. and they call it a tumor

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

eeeeekkkk its here for Telstra n8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

sean86aus wrote:

Thats a joke. The 808 isn't coming to Australia? What am I meant to get after my N8 plan runs out? Im definately not getting a Lumia.

No wonder their market share is constantly decreasing.. don't understand what their EXISTING customers want.

There are thousands of us here in OZ with N8 and E7 and like you our contracts are nearly up. Many have more than one device, so yeah, what do we upgrade to ? Lumia isnt up to par, so 808 is our only choice and its been denied us. So unless you can afford upfront cash for one , you miss out.. Samsung wins the lions share again. Stupid move Nokia.. No wonder your bleeding at the seams.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

Andrew, have you updated?

I'm still getting no updates avail.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

yep I have omg is what it should have been to start with
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

Hmm thats annoying, my PC is 059D776. (silver n8 telstra)

What are you?

I'm hitting the refresh bu not luck :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

ah im black u shouldn't be to much later
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

Ah reakon it'll be a morning job. ITs probably a good thing though, if it updated tonight i'd be playing with it all night.
Please use plain text.