Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

Hi all,

I'm very happy to share the official statement that I just got from our Australian team:

“We’re pleased to see that there is huge interest in Nokia Belle in Australia/New Zealand.  We will make the Nokia Belle update available to consumers in Australia/New Zealand and will share further details as and when they become available.”

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shameermpm

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

Hi I am using N8 product code 0599398, I got update notification on my mobile today and I tried to use nokia Ovi suite its starts downloading and Its stopes about 67 MB I cancelled the installation, after 8 hours I restarted updation but its said it updated and Restart but its still ANNA version and on phone its saying update availabe , but OVI suite nothing any IDEA Please help...

Please use plain text.
Sage
CameronS

yvonne,

This is indeed great news! Thank you very much for listening (still confused why Nokia would think that Australians - and others - would be happy to not receive the update). But, as they say... all's well that ends well.

Thanks again,

Cameron

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

anyone seen this http://www.nokia.com/au-en/support/product/n8-00/ generic belle is now in australia
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
anf87

@skyee thank you very much for keeping Nokia users in Australia updated I appreciate it.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
NotThatXKCD

Too little too late, I'm sorry.

After the Anna debacle (which, for me, included two N8s bought on the same day in the same store having different generic country variants, one of which was supported by Anna, and one that was not), I took the trouble to find out how to update my non-supported phone to Anna, and later to Belle based on the leaks.

Last night (while stuck at the airport because of a storm) I got to play with the new Velocity 4G.  No, it doesn't have the same great camera as my N8, but I think I've found my next phone - and it's not going to be a Nokia.

http://www.htc.com/au/smartphones/htc-velocity-4g/

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mat33n

So the technical issue was a load of sh*it.. :smileyhappy: ..

i am pretty sure like the ANNA update we will be waitng a few months to get belle.. because it will take time to "fix those technical" issues ..

I say a bit to late nokia!!.. i am so changing my phone now thanks to make the dicision so easy for me :smileyvery-happy: now i will have some decent apps from a anroid lol...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Common sense prevails.. can we see the Generic ASAP please..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Paul_Grenfell

Skyee, could you get at least one Generic E7 and N8 uploaded on servers ASAP please?
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rar63a

Thank you Skyee. I hope you are correct.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cRAZY_Canuck

Thanks for sharing this info Skyee, confirmation it's coming is better than nothing.
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

looks like those pages have reverted back sorry guys
Please use plain text.
Contributor
marekr

Hi,
Belle was there yesterday. Today you find Anna from this link.
I'm stuck with Australian version of N8 while living in Estonia, 80 km from Finland. I bought it in November (knowing that reasonable UI Belle is available soon) last year from a local webstore and found out the truth as I received the thing in post. Kind of ripoff by the store not mentioning it before. It means also that the store is giving me warranty instead of Nokia. I contacted them yesterday about the situation and they dont see any problems, I just have to take the phone to them for updating.
Anyway, I'm following the situation with great interest. Seems to be typical PR situation where Nokia chose to spit their clients in the face and MAYBE to wipe it off later IF clients get angry. Same as with Nokia Maps and Cyprus.

andrewaussie wrote:
anyone seen this http://www.nokia.com/au-en/support/product/n8-00/ generic belle is now in australia

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

yea i just posted a min ago that they just changed
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jamo128

[ Edited ]

Now the next best thing is to update the availability page to show it under creation etc and give us a timeframe, 

I dont want to be waiting a few months to get belle cause they "forgot" about us. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Joshuatron

Hopefully the Belle update comes very soon for Australia. And hey. Just think. That "huge interest" was just about 50 of us screaming at Nokia for not giving us the update. But they have spit in our faces and have tried to wipe it off. And for a lot of people, it's too little, too late. Looking forward to seeing the update soon. Thanks Yvonne. You've always been a great help on all threads here. (:

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

heres word from telstra

Nokia Australia/New Zealand only made a public announcement this morning about the availability of Belle locally. Given their comments, Telstra expects the software in a few weeks and from there it will take a few more weeks as we test and ensure it works as it should on the Telstra network.

/t5/Software-Updates/Update-on-Nokia-Belle-Availability-for-Australia/td-p/1301641

Let me know if you have any other questions.

DS

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SputniX

Perhaps try flashing your phone.. I have a US version N8 and I managed to flash the full N. American Green version of Belle onto it. Once done, then Nokia Suite recognized it as having the latest Belle version and even allowed me to "reinstall" if any problems, so I did that and it downloaded Belle again, this time from the Nokia Store and reinstalled "officially". Phone works beautifully and stopped me from throwing the phone into the ocean, as it is much more useable, simple, attractive and a pleasure to use compared to Anna !

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinophilius

Thank you andrewaussie, it just merely confirms that Nokia Australia did nothing until the poo hit the fan over the Belle roll-out in Australia. It there were genuine technical issues, the telcos would have had the software for testing long ago not just promised it yesterday for a few weeks time. Nokia Australia's lack of candour and honesty therefore continues and its customers are feeling justifiably deceived and betrayed. It's not a good look in the competitive marketplace of mobile phones to so thoroughly trash the trust upon which your business depends for its sales. Given that, is it any wonder that Nokia is haemorrhaging market share in Australia? This should never have happened.
Please use plain text.