Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

Counsellor
wateratz

Re: Update on Nokia Belle Availability for Australia

Down here in NZ, I got fed up with waiting. My exiting N8 had water in get into it, so I bought a second hand N8 with a Chinese product code, updated it to Belle and it's performance has been great. I love it. Being an IT Engineer of many years, I have a fair appreciation of what's required for these firmware updates, but in New Zealand Nokia have been just blinded to the market, and see only Lumia and Windows. Even the N9 only lasted six months or so in the market. And I doubt we'll see the Pureview 808.

I would encourage users to join the Symbian Developers forum to keep the pressure on Nokia now that Nokia Belle, and then Carla show that they're the equal of other OSs.

I'll be importing my Pureview 808 if it's not sold here through Nokia, as my experience with the second N8 has been so good. Even a Nokia J headset is so hard to buy here, it's like pulling teeth.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

Still nothing!

Maybe they forgot about the poor silver n8 :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

i wont say its strange. but telstra approved the update yesterday, and the silver one isnt n the unnamed programe yet. so nokia are being slow. ill guess ull get it around the same time as i did but tonight. i was stoked that it came in the same day as it was approved, but maybe thats because i was pressuring the device manager at nokia and also i was pressuring nokia. but all i have to say is dont worry it will be with you this week
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Danbryant78

Obviously not all the Telstra Variants are released.... Ugh 

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

[ Edited ]

Danbryant78 dont be a if you have been following and reading my post you will find that i have a mate within telstra and i have been explaining whats been going on with this update...

All im gonna say is TELSTRA have confirmed with me that all the varients on their behalf have been APPROVED on monday. give it time

Moderators notes: Profanity removed.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

No need to abuse anyone Andrew. No one is at fault, and in this thread the subject has changed many times, so i wouldn't blame anyone for not reading 17 pages.

Besides, i'm pretty sure he meant released from nokia. Therefore not actually disagreeing with your posts.

I'm sure all this **bleep**, nokia has puts everyone, including yourself has made many frustrated.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

Bingo :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Still waiting on this side of the ditch for the N8 version as Vodafone found a problem a and have passed it back to Nokia.
That aside how are you guys finding your version of Belle?
Especially how's the Camera performing, I'm wondering if it's operator variant's that have been causing the issues as some people who have been around the threads for ages are having nothing but problems while others like the guys at AAS have nothing but praise.
N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Mushroom

This whole thing is ludicrous.

I have just contacted Optus regarding the approval of the update for my X7 and they originally told me to contact Nokia.

Then, with a bit of "persuasion" they asked their Technical department whosaid it was up to Nokia to supply the update.

I managed to convince them that Nokia had done their part and the ball was now in Optus' court so they contacted their technical department who knew nothing about it.

The best that Optus can advise me to do is to contact the technical department myself.

No one cares about us obviously so it looks as if this old Granny will have to turn into a tech expert and risk bricking my phone by attempting to get the update by the only means available.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jlangmaid

I cannot believe Telstra was not last in releasing this update! Incredible.

Hope the rest of you get it soon, its been very quiet.

I was expecting, because the whole phone is wiped and started from scratch, a completly different outlook on software. in fact, its much the same function wise as Anna. Still got some very simple bugs. Mainly using PC suite to text via your phone. Then when you return to the phone there is no way to cancel the "* new messages". Until you delete the entire conversation. I've clicked on every message, still doesn't go.

Otherwise, impressed. Bluetooth to car seems much more stable without the random "i don't want to connect today" as before.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
EUnique

Hey everyone.

As seen here,

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/nokia-belle-update/nokia-belle-update-availability

we can see that optus and telstra STILL haven't approved Belle. Now all due criticisms aside, you can actually download an app that makes your phone look like Belle (is an app, so acts as an open program) so you get the 6 home screens, new menu etc. however the firmware specific functions (call screen, calendar etc) are the same as the phone's. There are limited widgets and options, but it's great for those who want to find out what using belle is like. You can get it here:

http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/2425880/
Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

dont be stupid. im with telstra and the telstra varients were released nearly 3 weeks ago. how do i knopw this .. well maytbe because i have a telstra varient. check your facts before you post. FYI: they updates page hasnt been touched since the 3rd
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tenacres1200

[ Edited ]

NOKIA NOKIA NOKIA, Can you please tell OPTUS Australia to release the update to THEIR customers NOW!!!!

If they can't do it with their Optus rubbish included (even though Telstra can), please release your normal version to optus customers.

They dont listen to us, maybe they will listen to you

This is the last NOKIA/OPTUS phone to come into this house ever!

NOT HAPPY JAN.....................................:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Baflo

The latest from Optus is

The update for the E6 has been approved and in the final stages of testing with Nokia & should hopefully be available during the week commencing 18/06.

We’re working through testing on the N8, E7, X7 and C6 updates to ensure these are ready to be released. I definitely understand that you're all keen to have the update available and we'll continue working on this with Nokia. Before we approve the updates we need to ensure they are good to go for our services so there's no major problems after it's released.

(Too little too late)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
cRAZY_Canuck

Wow, I came on here for a seperate issue but saw this still near the top and was surprised.

I have a Virgin N8 and got Belle a while back (far enough I can't remember) I feel your pain.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jbandrews

Nokia Europe have at last killed that page - it hadn't been updated since May 3 but now gone.
Please use plain text.
seaner86au

This is just ridiculous... we are still waiting for an update that the majority of the world received back in FEB, it's now JUNE
Please use plain text.
Professor
jraduga

Sorry guys and girls, being off the forum for a little while been quite sick for sometime.

I truely cannot believe what I am reading. What the bleep has optus and vodafone been doing all this time.

That was months ago that Vodafone found their issue. And heavens know about Optus.

It does look like there might be some E7's at least from vodafone that can download the update from the list i just check. But doesnt excuse either of them.

Is it any wonder that Nokia was not going to release to Australia in the first place, when the carriers out here cant get their own acts together.

This is more than ridiculous, its plain and simple incompetence on all partys behalf.

Please use plain text.