Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Update released for Nokia Lumia 920, 820 and 6...

Counsellor
mickeyaamir

Re: Update released for Nokia Lumia 920, 820 and 620

Me too from India using Lumia 820, updated with latest one but storage check app isn't working....the app spins continuously for hrs without any results.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

mickeyaamir wrote:
Me too from India using Lumia 820, updated with latest one but storage check app isn't working....the app spins continuously for hrs without any results.

Did you check if THIS gives a different result ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mickeyaamir

The beta version of the same wasn't helpful either. So finally i did a hard reset if my phone by combination of various keys (method can be found in this forum) and what I got is a clear fresh OS without STORAGE CHECK app as it got deleted.

later, I updated all nokia apps via QR codes mentioned somewhere in this forum and after updating extras info app, storage check app came back to settings and it was working fine.

so basically like other nokia phones, Lumia phones also need a hard reset to work effeciently, after firmware upgrade.

hope, my post solves problems faced by many users out there.

love you nokia.

Sent from Lumia 820
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Moshiito

Why don't you guys put that information available on the before an update? In the software update information!
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
poochini21

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tropolite

Hi
Just wondering... I read a report the 1308 update was halted due to issues, but a couple weeks later a 1314 update came to the rescue...

Can we expect the 1314 update to be pushed to Australia or will the 1308 continue on. Has that changed the progress or ETA of the update?

Cheers
Cheers
tropolite
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
haccord3885

[ Edited ]
I have the Nokia Lumia 820 on AT&T and still haven't see really any recent phone updates is there a reason why it still is running old software because I don't understand why it's taking so long can someone at Nokia look into or review why this is taking so long? Seems like the Nokia Lumia 820 on AT&T is really behind or lagging in terms on phone/software/firmware updates sad to feel this way
Please use plain text.
boxa72

I'm in Aussie also and its getting frustrating resetting my 820 every time "other" chews my memory😞 1308 was announced ages ago, so now there's 6 million Lumia's with different firmware! I bought mine unbranded coz I'm with Vodafone Australia who are pathetic and I thought I could get around Vodafone's inability to get things right but to no avail. Honestly Nokia when can I expect this update???
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zhongy85

I bought my Lumia 920 from Singapore and I'm using it now in Hong Kong. I'm currently on firmware 1232.5951.1249.1023. I still have not received the latest firmware update yet.

May I know if the update depends on which country my device was purchased from or the telco I am using in HK?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zhongy85

No help for my question? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bhojani

Yet not recd update msg in angola
Please use plain text.
CarajoEsp

Hello.
I'm from Hungary Vodafone, with Lumia 820 still no update the other storage is 4gigs, so is there any chances to we are getting this 1308 fw or not?
thx
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sjpena

Hi Nokia - can you please provide upgrade information for the Lumia 820 on AT&T?  Why hasn't the 1314 update been pushed out for these phones?  When should we expect it?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sjpena

Hi Nokia - assuming this update (i.e.,1314) addresses memory issues, not having this on the 820 is becoming a problem for me.  I'm now down to .5 GB on my phone (notwithstanding the fact that I have all my music and photos on my microSD card).  I've tried the memory apps but nothing seems to reduce the memory gobbled up by "Other."

Nokia - Why would you announce that this update would be available for the Lumia 820 yet we still haven't received it?

Please use plain text.
kitana123

My firmware version is 1232.5951.1249.1002 on my Lumia 920. I have tried to check for updates through my phone but it reports that my phone is up to date. I am having issues with random resets, no connectivity, even though it shows I have signal and a few times it has just died which requires a soft reset to turn it on. This is a pain in the **bleep** sine I use my phone as my alarm and I rely on it heavily at work.. How can I get the latest update. Can someone please tell me before I use a 5 tonne press to see how flat I can make this phone? I love it dearly when it works but it's just too unreliable.
Please use plain text.
kitana123

I'm in Australia on Vodafail (bought unlocked 920 outright when my Lumia 800 suddenly died).
Please use plain text.
AtulRaj

Recently got an error during Video Playback "Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone. Error Code : 80070003". Somehow I managed to play it all by deleting first all my videos from phone and again copying in it .

This is a humble request to Windows Developers to Please release an update to this including the File Explorer for the Windows Phone which is a base. Without this it is very difficult to make Windows Phone at the TOP on others.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tropolite

Hi bought my Lumia 920 outright in Australia. When Portico released it was released to handsets around the same time (our company 920's got the update the same as I did).

Now however, staff that have Lumia 920's had received their 1314 update two weeks ago, however me, paying a premium by buying a Lumia outright is still waiting for the 1314 update to be rolled out to unchannelled devices.

Is there an ETA to the 1314 update... I don't really get the idea of this delay.

Cheers
Cheers
tropolite
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
tropolite

Hi Nokia
Telstra in Australia approved the 1314 update to Lumia 920's and contracted 920's have had this update for a number of weeks.

Please, when will the 1314 update be released for unchannelled Lumia 920s??

If anyone has any details it would be appreciated.
Cheers
tropolite
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JAYPIT

[ Edited ]

Did anyone with an 820 on ATT get a reply to why we have not gotten this update? I fear we won't get the next one either. Which is the big update.

Please use plain text.