Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Update released for Nokia Lumia 920, 820 and 620

Employee
kerttu
Accepted Solution

Update released for Nokia Lumia 920, 820 and 620

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

we have released some new software updates for Nokia Lumia 920 and 820! Version 1232.5957.1308.00xx will bring:

• improved automatic display brightness adjustment
  • fix for intermittent screen blanking during a call
  • further performance and stability improvements.

Additionally, we have published new software update for Nokia Lumia 620 version 1030.6407.1308.00xx, with plenty of reasons for you to update:

• Improved touch screen functions, including corrections in multi-touch actions
  • Better voice quality with Bluetooth headsets that support echo/noise suppression
  • Enhanced camera performance with corrected exposure when flash is used in bright light conditions
  • Various improvements to system stability, performance, and usability

The update will be rolled out gradually over the coming weeks, so please stay patient and wait for the notification to pop up on your phone screen once your phone is eligible. The exact software version may wary between different regions.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Re: Update released for Nokia Lumia 920, 820 and 620

The 620 firmware update is really nice and makes a great phone even better, thanks!

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
thesuperject

Is this a further update to the 1308 firmware that has been causing connectivity issues on AT&T?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aaron13

Does this include Canada? My friend has had the blank screen proximity issue for a some time and could really use this update.

Please use plain text.
Seany1

Please can someone tell me how long the ThreeUK branded 620 phones will be updated?? My friends is UK sim fre but mine is UK Three branded but shows no update yet his is updated. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stevebarker11

1308 downloaded fine OTA on 02 PAYG 620 last night.

The UI seems more responsive and scrolling my (admittedly excessively long) home screen with one finger on the screen is noticeably smoother.

'Storage Check' removed only about 350Mb of data from.the 'other' folder - that's still hogging 2.2Gb of data. Might have to do a full reset to get all that back, I guess
Please use plain text.
SVNS

Hi Kerttu,

is there any tentative time when we should be getting it on 810 in US?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

stevebarker11 wrote:

'Storage Check' removed only about 350Mb of data from.the 'other' folder - that's still hogging 2.2Gb of data. Might have to do a full reset to get all that back, I guess

A trick here would be to copy a number of large files to the phone's internal storage (like movies) one by one until you can't anymore, use smaller files as you fill up the storage. 

You'll see the other storage release space and you can remove the files when done keeping the released space available. Only needs to be done once.

Remember the OS itself has not yet been fixed for teh storage issue so it may well be that the values you get from the storage settings section may be off..

---

Click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mlc7131

does this update fix the issue with the Lumia 920 on ATT and data connectivity

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Nope, that's for AT&T and Nokia to sort out yet afaik

---

Please use plain text.
Sadjad

Any news on this Update for Lumia 810 or Lumia 822

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Entegy

[ Edited ]

Aaron13 wrote:

Does this include Canada? My friend has had the blank screen proximity issue for a some time and could really use this update.

Nope, just checked for updates on my Rogers Lumia 920. No dice. We didn't get the actual firmware update that enabled stuff like storage check either yet.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Davos

when comes in Germany ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
paulheu

Sadjad wrote:

Any news on this Update for Lumia 810 or Lumia 822

Would probably be up to T-Mobile / Verizon approval

---

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nickg85

Is the Lumia 810 included as well. Other is well over 4Gb now, fluctuating between around 20mb-0mb free space.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lifehacks

is this avaliable for Indonesia? i checked using 920 and i don't get it

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sarveshwar

It asks me to connect to wi-fi to update. I have no issues with large files over cellular. How can I download and install this update? Nokia 920 India.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DanielSwing

•improved automatic display brightness adjustment

Also very much needed for Lumia 620. In daylight it works fine but in dark room the display stays too dim.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

best to be patient as teh update is gradually released over the forthcoming weeks, for now, UK and India have been confirmed to have received the update for the 920. For 620, pretty expansive across the globe as to which countries have received it.

@Sarveshwar: there is no way to download the update without using WiFi. if you lack access to a WiFi access point, you can use programs such as Connectify on your PC to create a hotspot to which your phone can connect to to download the update.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sarim_xyz

Still not available for my Lumia 920, bought from UAE and using in India. Though Nokia MEA site shows the latest software for 920 as the 1308.

Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.