Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Update the software for nokia asha 305

Contributor
Undefinedaadil

Hey plz update a new sw for nokia asha 305 as the phone has got lots of drawbecks like,
hangs up quite often and doesnt restart after it gets hangs,youtube not supported,poor battery backup,always shows application error whenever i try to run any app on my phone

i hope these problems will be solved by nokia in their next update
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Re: Update the software for nokia asha 305

Hi Undefinedaadil, 

Thank you for your feedback. 

While waiting for a new update to be released, I advise you to perform a soft reset on your phone: type *#7780#. Default lock code is 12345. If the issue persists, perform a hard reset. First of all, back up your data using Nokia Suite (Tools > Back up). Once your data is fully backed up,  type *#7370# on the keypad. 

Alternatively, you may also check for updates on Nokia Suite (by going to Tools > Updates).

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Registered Member
vijayua

Hey plz update a new sw for nokia asha 305 as the phone has got lots of drawbecks like

Hangs up  and doesn't restart after it gets hangs, always shows application error whenever i try to run any app on my phone

Registered Member
asha_305

hi , i cant find the latest update for Asha 305..
Registered Member
asha_305

Hi i cant able to play full screen videos on my Asha 305 video player, only 320*240 pixels supports, most of the codec unable to play, seek bar is in the center of the screen, so plz upate a software for this problems...
Registered Member
Kapilsm35

I have asha 305 please Add facebook in social by this we can upload photos directly and my chat application is to slow please update this
Advisor
ChAzEr

hello sir,

please release a update which correct the errors in asha 305. the problems are given below

1. youtube video play support with buffering

2. hanging problem

3. internet disconnect problem(while having a correct internet settings, tryed with different types of sims and companies)

4. irresponding touch while typing a message

so, please release a update which solves these problems as early as possible

Registered Member
Rudi8

yes there are lots of problems in nokia asha 305. even it forget to give option of copy and paste in phone, thats the most basic thing. And yes a phone gets hangs a lot of time. many basic applications like opera not working properly even though the version is compatible to phone. very dissapointing one

nokia i thing there is a need for software update ......urgently

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Hi Chazer and Rudy,

As this is a user-to-user forum, feature requests and suggestions would be better directed via contacting Nokia directly. You can do this by clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page, and following the appropriate instructions.

Counsellor
Ajayapradhan

Hi! Please release a new update there are some problems in asha 305,
1.not support live tv
2.dosn't brightness control.
3.internet is very slow.
Registered Member
Madara29

hi if there is a new software for nokia asha 305 why cant i download please help

musica

Yes there is, my friend. One of our friends here in the forum posted it already. Here, New software update available for Asha 305: v. 5.92

Please take note that update availability depends on existing Nokia device firmware version, country, and operator. Normally, the roll -out will be throttled so you just really have to wait. :smileyhappy:

Final Banner
Contributor
bhargavm60

i have updated my nokia asha 305 to v. 5.92.  youtube video are playing but hanging problem is still there

SKUMAR76

hi yesterday on my browser got messaging new browser available after download now internet is not opening how to resolve update the new software through nokia suite also then also same state plz help
Employee
armagon

SKUMAR76:

Which SW version do you have on your device? (check with *#0000#)

Is there now some error message when you try to open the browser (such as "conflicting application")?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/nokia-x-updates/
http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/nokia-x2-update/
http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/asha-software-update/
http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/LumiaSWUpdates
Advisor
Rahulraje

sir youtube streaming is very poor its showing in small size...and my phone hangs so many times...plz update once again
Registered Member
qaimraza

update your phone sw by nokia suite(through computer)by a data cable 

SamSadeghi

Dears,
I updated mu nokia 305 with nokia suit as it is suggested by sw itself, after successfully finished the job( 3 hours after) I turned off my phone to remove one of my sim cards, then it is not turned on, only I can see NOKIA writen by with and then screen goes black and no reaction, please let me what to do?
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

have a read of this article as some suggestions in it may help you: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Recovering-from-a-failed-firmware-update/td-p/3981...
tri756

[ Edited ]

hi.
i want to know if the update of the software will make the music equalizers editable.