Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Updates to Symbian 3.2 & 5.0 devices

Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

since your phone is not listed you can't update to the new browser, themes you can find anywhere on the internet.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

They wont release full change log because there are differences per version. Differing product codes sometimes also has differing bugs, also some regional stuff like the special religious apps for the middle east and the like, so not all firmwares are exactly the same.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.

hope we get 60 up ram for the nokia 5800 .... and all stupid and useless application should be removed from the startup ....

Please use plain text.

hope with 60 + ram we get multitouch ability also... as its proved that 5800 has capabelity of multi touch
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

5800 cant do multi touch as it is done on capacitive, its a resistive screen. Sure it can be hacked to detect multiple touch points, but not tracking multitouch, the think you need for pinch zooming. Also, such installations would seem to require manual full flashing, something that cant be done via update through ovi suite.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dwarf2008

Hi thanks for the update and i m happy to hear about the emoticons :smileyhappy:. but i think the update is not possible through FOTA. Is it true plz reply asap.
Regards.
Vatsal
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vasiboss

[ Edited ]

Dear nokia,

So you will update n97 mini and 5800 and u say because the difference from phone to phone you can make an update for n97 allmoust same as n97 mini and 5800.

How can people "port" C6 firmwares to others phones, they don't have acces to nokia tools??!! or the former employees lost it.

This  move was not to smart, I mean is greath for the owners of the listed phones, but for you Nokia, your market share will drop because you make this public and not stick to the original "hey look an update :smileyhappy:) " -> on short doing this, "publicizing", all the other users will get apple, samsung,  lg, htc (unlocked bootloader), maybe not as good as an nokia, but with software and harware oriented to users (android, ios), and packed with updates, bug free, and less expensive. windows mobile not a move that smart but when the boss is a former employee of microsoft .....

With sadness 

An N97 classic user 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Slug69

I am very disappointed that my N97 isn’t going to receive the latest updates the N97 mini is receiving.

A loyal Nokia user and early adopter of their products, I will not be purchasing the N9.

Just a gentle reminder it’s the early adopters who pay a premium and spread the good word.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

For all those clamoring that "Android is packed with updates", its not. Sure Android 2.3 is recently released, but do you think the old phones got it? No. SGS still doesnt have Android OFFICIAL update in many areas, as my friend still has Kies saying he doesnt have an update beyond 2.2.1. SE Xperia X10 doesnt have it. Even newer phones like Galaxy Ace doesnt have it. The only Android phones that have it are the newly released ones, and 2.3 out already for months. Google releases the update, but it doesnt mean your Android device will get it, as it would depend on their manufacturer. The only way you can get the updated OS on your device would be to root it and get the ROM from independent developers, similar to what is happening with Nokia now (new phones get ANNA, N8 is delayed update).

Personally I am tired of this I'm switching to Android because they get updates, then when you get there you realized they really dont and its the same thing: You either port CFW to your Nokia phone or you Root and install custom ROM on youd Droid. (Although of course, Android process may seem easier, its still basically the same thing, installing unofficial update).

Bug free? My Galaxy has frozen up on me twice the last week, having me resort to a battery pull. GPS positioning is awful too.

Basically, there are compromises with any phone you buy, whether it be Nokia or Samsung or SE or Apple. You just have to research your phones and see which brand has the compromises you are willing to make. I am not saying that you stick with Nokia. I would be one of the first to say to leave if you aren't happy anymore, but I would just like to point out that the grass only seems greener on the other side if you havent gone there yet. (Although in terms of getting firmware updates the other side of the fence aint better, they sure are way ahead in terms of app availability and app support though :smileyhappy: )

PS: This is no fanboy statement. My primary phone now is a Samsung Galaxy SL and is thoroughly happy with it, complementing it with my trusty 5800XM. The 5800 is able to let me ignore its deficiencies like bad GPS connectivity and navigation, and better music experience and speakers. Besides, why would I buy an Nokia if my operator gives me an SL for free? That's a no-brainer decision :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Destroyzer

can you change menu buttons to like s^3? This take much of screen in side, will be more great on botton.
And full compatibility in longpress, because in my 5530 only in contacts appears options in longpress into a item, and also and Email (Nokia Messaging). This is very important because you have additionals options for any items.
And, more important for me, when update for 5530 will be available? C6, 5230, 5233, N97mini, 5235, 5250... All in fast time. Hope you release big update for 5530/5800 best of all these phones :smileyvery-happy:
Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BiggiN97

when we see update 4 5800XM?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

skyee

you can do schedule for the update on excel sheet please?

Black Nokia 5230 user + SanDisk 2GB
Tesco Mobile
product code 0597528
firmware 21.0.102
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Jaibeeryadav

Hey my 5320xm also symbian v3.2 but not in list why?
Any no update for this plzzz... help.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MaKenZi

Thank You Guys , after a long time , nokia whatch back that has made some phones and believed that this phones exist!

But I think nokia should look better , because there are some other models that need updates like this one more that this models , like N95 , N86 , N97

if nOkia add thereaded SMS to the Update , absolutely nokia hits the top point.

I hope sO :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
giannis193

does anyone know if new browser will support flash and if nokia 5800 will support widgets like c6?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
holybone202

would really love a threaded sms app update. That will make the complete update for the n9 mini
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aswani09

i hope we also get tap (or swipe) to unlock for the n97 mini
My Phones: Lumia 800 Mango
N97 Mini v30.0.004
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heineoen

When can I expect the indoor positioning through WiFi (OVI Maps) update on my N86 8MP?
N8 FW: 022.014 -- Please separate Artist & Albums!
N86 8MP FW: 30.009 -- We need a new FW on this phone!
E51 FW: 410.34.001
E70 FW: 2.0618.07.10 -- Why no v3 for my code?
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

from my experience wifi positioning is useless . Why ? Because its not accurate positioning which means no navigation available . also wifi range its not that far so while you are on the move you need to connect again and again to new networks which is pain . And final its difficult to find a free wifi hotspot + its useless with your home wifi router (since you know where your home is)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinitmutta

Somebody plz tell me wen Nokia ppl wil release major (upcoming) update for Nokia X6 16gb Model.....plz tell me d tentative period.... wen they r goin to launch it.........

Please use plain text.