Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Updates to Symbian 3.2 & 5.0 devices

Mobile Overlord
farby

To add to chanchan05 's post.. its NOT normal for Nokia to announce for the upcoming updates..but in this case they have atleast informed the Users that SOMETHING is coming their way... 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinitmutta

thanx 4 ur reply....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aswerth

I like non-widgetized homescreen and i don't want widgets on my homescreen.Lot's of them are useless...(except clock, favorite contacts,agenda and shortcuts.but non-widgetized homescreen has all of them too) :smileyhappy: I guess it will be nice to see new browser.But just do not integrate Quick Office...It's so slow comparing with Smart Office...

I don't know why other people don't like symbian but i love it.Maybe it's slow sometimes but i just like it... :smileyhappy: I'm waiting for X6's new firmware, thanks Nokia ! :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

chanchan05 wrote:
Its S^3 phones. ALL S^3 has the homescreen widgets. Its not like they'd spend time trying to remove it, because they cant. Its already coded into the S^3 scripts.

On the other hand, S^1 phones like the S^3 dont naturally have the widgets written into their software code, the guys at the software just added it on top for the N97, N97mini and C6, which is why other S^1 phones dont have it. And if you would notice, the S^1 phones with widgets are less stable than those without.

Just to add that homescreen with widgets is a feature of symbian 2 . As Nokia decided to overcome symbian 2 as a whole platform instead they included this feature to some S^1 phones which is something like porting an app . thats why its less stable

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rio91

Hi everyone! I'm 5800 user! Whats going on with our updates? The other updates was released, but our is not! After 3 weeks and more, we are still waiting! So, Is there anyone who knows something about updates?
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

3 weeks and you are complaining ??? :smileyvery-happy:.

S^3 users are waiting 4 months now and still haven't received the update .

With Nokia you have to learn what patience means

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BiggiN97

For 5800XM it'll be on next friday

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rio91

[ Edited ]

Which friday?-tomorrow or next week?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

BiggiN97 wrote:

For 5800XM it'll be on next friday

how do you know that ? is it official ?

Do you know when its coming for 5530 ??

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BiggiN97

for 5800XM 29.07.2011

5530: i don't kno

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rio91

thanks bro! +1

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinitmutta

[ Edited ]

Dear Nokia,

I will be highly obliged if you plz add these following features in Nokia X6 16gb model as mentioned below in your next coming major update:

1) Support for homescreen widgets.

2) Folder playlist in music player.

3) Homescreen rotation in landscape mode.

4) Qwerty keyboard (virtual) in portrait mode.

5) Add to favourites in contacts list.

6) Smart dialler.

7) mail notifications of 3+ mail accoiunts on homescreen.

8) Slide to unlock with big digital clock alongwith sms / missed call notifications.

Plz Nokia incorporate all these features in the next coming major update. Also can u plz tell us what is the date when you are going to launch the update for Nokia X6..

Waiting for a positive action from your side.....Fingers crossed..........

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited as it encourages discussion of an unauthorised procedure which can invalidate the warranty of a Nokia device. Thank you for understanding.

Please use plain text.
landmark25

I use nokia 5230 I found the latest firmware v50.0.001,the problem is I cant update it over the air but saying update through PC is available
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

The new update isnt and probably wont be available OTA. Just update it via PC.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
matrix_skopje

does any one here know the exact date when its gonna be released the update for 5800?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mady_007

Hey is the update for Nokia X6 available yet and my software version is 32.0.002 is this the latest one by far ????

Please use plain text.
lupascu69

Why my nokia E5 dosent se the new 071.003 update an says that 042.014 is the newest, same withm my nnokia 5230 that dosent show update 050.x , and says that 042.x is the newest??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
milesh

BiggiN97 wrote:

for 5800XM 29.07.2011

5530: i don't kno

How do you know? Can you please provide something offcial to proof this?

Glad to help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

do not believe in his schedule . he also posted that anna is coming in 27july but it didn't

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rio91

So, we dont believe in his words, actually whats going on with our updates? Cant u understand that we wont wait all life! Nokia were promissed, but nothing happens! :smileysad:
Please use plain text.