Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Updates to Symbian 3.2 & 5.0 devices

SuperAman

what about the 5530XM?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
S3For5800XM

still no update for 5800. My patient is running out.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
matrix_skopje

we will see tomorow
I hope this guy ho claim that the update for 5800 will be released tomorow is right ᓁ
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
9252fly

Depending on where in the world you are,the 5800 firmware was to made available on the Friday July 29th;according to a well placed source who chose to post the specific date on this thread. Does anyone have it as an available update option that can be downloaded OTA or by Ovi Suite?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Its stil 28th July in some part of the world... so have patience.... but the BIG question is How authentic the news is !!! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
matrix_skopje

in my contry is 29.07 and its 10 am but still no update for 5800 rm-356 are available
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rio91

I started to think that it isnt true releasing new update for 5800 today! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
skyleth

[ Edited ]

guys 3 weeks is no time. i'm waiting for more than 6 months to get android 2.3.3 in my x10, and actually i'm very pleased with the performance of the 5800XM with v52 and the n97 mini with v30 has improved a lot, but still has memory issues so, i don't expect the 5800XM to improve a lot when the update is released.

btw i'm waiting for the n9 to be released, i'm tired of android and the no-updates policy of some brands

Please use plain text.
Advisor
aurelioBrasil

Nokia is a waste. It works just making phones and still loses to Samsung.

Where is the update of the Nokia 5800, customers of the best selling phone they want something better.

is a lie ?????

Please use plain text.
luvin_4all

hi

i tried to update my nokia 5230 handset using PC 

everything went fine initially but after the download of update software it gives an error message as "COULD NOT INSTALL SOFTWARE" and also showing an error code:12014

pls help me to instal it properly...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
rio91

Totally, I agree with u aurelioBrasil! But cant do anything.. Thats it, just wait wait wait and wait...  So bored!!...

Please use plain text.

3 weeks? Last update was in November!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

You guys are lucky that you even get updates promised! The 5800 has already defeated all Nokia phones for updates in history! It has had more updates and is the first unit to get an update more than 2 years after launch! Sheeesh.

For the record, my 5800 is also waiting for an update. :smileyhappy:
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aurelioBrasil

who wrote here that the update was July 29 should be banned from the board.

Many lie. Apparently the update of the Nokia 5800 will come only days July 29, 2050.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sarveshwar

Is the update really coming? Just a confirmation, please. Any staffs in here?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sarveshwar

Sorry, my bad. I just learned the author himself is a Nokia employee.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Its coming. The first post on this thread came from a Nokia employee, and the 5800 is clearly written there.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
flyyordie

Hello friend, the news you publish, where you got it? is already available via the NSU or FOTA, or will we have to wait some months to come out the update to our 5800

greetings and thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
9252fly

If there is any good news in respect to waiting for the 5800 firmware update,it surely must mean that Nokia is making every attempt to release it without any bugs. It's difficult to determine how many 5800 units are currently in use today,let's just say it could be at least a million or more. I'm more than willing to be patient if it means it was worth the wait,rather than having something worse than I have today.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Ray1

Please Please Please re-enable back the portrait qwerty in nokia X6,

it was a utterly foolish move to remove such feature, we are unable to use swype in portrait due to the removal of portrait qwerty in the firmware.

also, please consider include slide to unlock for x6.(similar to C6)

this can prevent the use of the slide button (which gets loose easily)

Please use plain text.