Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Updates to Symbian 3.2 & 5.0 devices

Counsellor
vinitmutta

What is wrong in wishful thinking...cos thinking does not cost money....

regarding C6 firmware, If there is not anything special then why modders are trying to port C6 /N97 on 5800 & X6....So it means there is somethin special........features like Add to favoties in conatcts , Dialler, Slide to unlock, Homescreeen widgets & etc....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
molecom

[ Edited ]

vinitmutta wrote:

What is wrong in wishful thinking...cos thinking does not cost money....

regarding C6 firmware, If there is not anything special then why modders are trying to port C6 /N97 on 5800 & X6....So it means there is somethin special........features like Add to favoties in conatcts , Dialler, Slide to unlock, Homescreeen widgets & etc....

I have all the above in my 5800 but not from Nokia.As I wrote before. I suspect they are NOT gonna rewrite the firmware. They rather have you to buy the C6

" Wishful thinking is the formation of beliefs and making decisions according to what might be pleasing to imagine instead of by appealing to evidence, rationality or reality. Studies have consistently shown that holding all else equal, subjects will predict positive outcomes to be more likely than negative outcomes (see valence effect)."

So I hope you dream will come true :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stan_mithil

hey,

Is c5-03 getting any new updates or not. Now that i know that anna would not be released on s60v5, i hope that an update similar to that would be released soon..

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

why has the x6 been crossed out on the blog list?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
molecom

wezzyd wrote:
why has the x6 been crossed out on the blog list?

Because you read an old message!

http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/08/29/new-info-on-the-software-updates-for-symbian-5-0-and-3-2-d...

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

this update better be worth the wait now that nokia are f*****g around with it. if its another useless one like the others, then il be going android
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rio91

That's good to see that Nokia is going to release the new updates, but we have to wait so long - months... :smileysad: I hope It doesnt get long time! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Wietse1995

Which month will the updates released?

October or November, nobody knows anything :smileysad:?

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

they wont tell us even tho they must know. they want to keep us hanging on to symbian coz its fading away
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rio91

Why dont tell us? When we are Nokia USERS, We are entitled to know! I dont know what they're thinking to do, but they HAVE TO tell us! We cant wait ALL LIFE!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinitmutta

3.5 months waiting....still no information regarding updates just declared launching in some months on the blog...a vague information...Kindly be specific in declaring dates....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Wietse1995

Nokia, please tell us something more when will the updates released? I don't like this strategy of Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Eysson

I don't beleive in nokia anymore, and i don't think 5800,x6 and 5530 will get any updates.let's just forget about those so called updates, they're focused on anna, belle and windows phones.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Are you guys kidding me ?  do you still think nokia has a strategy ? 

- They dumped n97 which they showcased as flagship against apple.

-Their updates for fimrwares are buggy outdated.

- New phone sales are stalled.

- Symbian dumped "practically" and jumping on windows wagon ?? eeeewwww.

- Market share continously dropping for last many quarters.

- New Models not able to compete HTC , Samsung, LG,  Android..forget Apple.

- Cant withstand even the low quality chinese phones due to cost.

Where is the strategy, where is the customer satisfaction, where is the quality ? 

These pillars are now lost in nokia and never-the-less nokia will be doomed  or sold  or takenover in next couple of years or so, No company can survive without basics right and unfortunately, after being right for a long time, nokia is now completely on wrong track.

We will see..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
molecom

Ya all forget that Nokia did suppport an old phone, the 5800 for longer then HTC does. If you get 2 updates from HTC it is much. Sometimes you get noting. No it doesn't mean it is neccesary. But they want you to buy a new phone. Same goes for other manufacturers. My I8910 is as old as the 5800 and no updates are being issued anymore for at least a year.

It isn't true they have given up on Symbian. Accenture is doing the job of behalf of Nokia.

http://newsroom.accenture.com/news/nokia-and-accenture-finalize-symbian-software-development-and-sup...

Nokia is  even gonna release the Nokia Car Mode which runs on Symbian.

http://press.nokia.com/2011/09/13/nokia-car-mode-drives-fusion-of-cars-with-smartphone-services/

So they haven't given up. At the moment Microsoft isn't selling much smatrphones.Nokias keeps Symbian in case of......

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

Hey guys, I've just noticed that the page "updates to symbian 3.2 & 5.0" has been deleted from the "conversations nokia" blog...

What's happening there..??
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
molecom

1. Akhileshvv wrote:
    Hey guys, I've just noticed that the page "updates to symbian 3.2 & 5.0" has been deleted from the "conversations nokia" blog...

What's happening there..??
    " Website is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance. We will be back up shortly."
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

I'm also using nokia 5800 and eagerly waiting for the so called update...
But, nokia if u make us wait so long then u hav the responsibility to give something special......I've paid much more to get a nokia 5800 than the cheapest s^3 device available now....so I'm expecting the value for money that I paid....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

I've been using nokia phones for more than 8 long years.....still I'm with nokia...

I just want some good stuff in nokia 5800....like widget homescreen...I know its possible bcoz many modders did that thru cfw......
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

I want a more polished ui....bcoz now the 5800 is too slow.......a better "gallery" is also needed...
Please use plain text.