Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Updates to Symbian 3.2 & 5.0 devices

Counsellor
Akhileshvv

No man...the link that u posted is not the official one...i'm not obssessed with third party websites
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

Why r u so negative man...??
Be positive...anna ui does'nt means just icons or themes or maps or browser....anna ui means a lot more like single tap ui,widget homescreen,swipe to unlock,landscape hs,center text,etc etc etc etc etc
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

Nokia have enough and more time to rewrite or redesign the firmwares for premium s60v5 devices. (5800,x6,5530 etc)....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

Waiting for the good news from nokia...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

Anybody plz contact skyee for the official words...or give me her email id...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
molecom

[ Edited ]

Hahaha! Why do you need so many messages to make a point, if you make one?

The link I posted is NOT custom firmware. It is Nokia brower 7.3 which is in ^3 (Anna)

The other link is just an Anna theme.

See. You even don't know.

I am so negative because I know what Nokia wants, making money!

I already said. They want you to buy a new Nokia. Making firmware only cost money.

I am not gonna  talk to you anymore. YOU will be dissapointed and I don't care because that happens when you have to high expectations. Don't border Nokia employees with you silly questions. They have work to do. Like working on the ofw.

Dream On!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

My questions are not just mine...they are coming from many s60v5 users
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Destroyzer

molecom wrote:

Destroyzer wrote:

Nokia will redesign the firmware for all s60v5 with Anna functions (compatible).

Like widgets, single-tap, landscaped homescreen and buttons in bottom, etc. So like s^3 > Anna.

Link me to the source where you got this information from?

@Vinitmutta, you're all over the internet "begging" for an upgrade " Please Nokia", lol.

Anna is history in oct. 2011 because Belle will be there!

The man above said s60v5 is not compatible with Symbian Anna, but Nokia will redesign only s60v5 fw, not implement original Anna fw.
And has videos in link i've posted:

http://www.nokiatividade.com/nokia-roadshow-resumo-do-evento-em-belo-horizonte/

You can see it's official (Nokia Brazil).

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

You are right...completely agreeing with you.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
molecom

[ Edited ]

Destroyzer wrote:

The man above said s60v5 is not compatible with Symbian Anna, but Nokia will redesign only s60v5 fw, not implement original Anna fw.
And has videos in link i've posted:

http://www.nokiatividade.com/nokia-roadshow-resumo-do-evento-em-belo-horizonte/

You can see it's official (Nokia Brazil).

I didn't see video on the upgrade.

However. It is strange they mention the N97

Skyee didn't said anything about the N97 in the below interview

/t5/Software-Updates/Updates-to-Symbian-3-2-amp-5-0-devices/m-p/1129037/message-uid/1129037/highligh...

:smileysurprised:

She even denied a N97 update would be released

/t5/Software-Updates/Updates-to-Symbian-3-2-amp-5-0-devices/m-p/1130241/message-uid/1130241/highligh...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
navrddy

i wish nokia releashes more upgrades for 5230. ( to make it little more faster and more efficient in memory management)

really worth bang for buck model.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

5230 has already got an update with anna browser and new maps...But we,the users of 5800,x6,5530 didnt got any update...Waiting for more than 3 months.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Wietse1995

[ Edited ]

Please Nokia, give us soon information about the the updates for the three XpressMusic phones!
I'm looking forward to it, we're waiting more than three months now :smileysad:.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
9252fly

Does anyone have the new 7.3 browser that has supposedly been released for the 5800,etc? Apparently,it will be available using the phone's software update application.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

This is not the nokia that I know for these years....Why you nokia people changed your customer care policies....??
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

5530's latest update v32.0.007 was released 17/10/2010 which means that its almost a year now without any support . Please Nokia an update or we have to throw our devices out of the window

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vinitmutta

TIRED OF WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RELEASE THE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Akhileshvv

Really tired of waiting...give some words nokia..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
aurelioBrasil

people forget the updates for 5800 5530 x6 ...... Nokia has forgotten all the users for a long time.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
INDIGNADO

Nokia never update 5530 & 5800, I copy & paste the answer to me send for email:

===========================================

902 404 414

Fecha: 10/06/11 10:49:38
Para: xxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Nokia Care 5530

Estimado Sr. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Gracias por contactar con Nokia Care.

En relación a su consulta referente a la disponibilidad de actualizaciones de software para su Nokia 5530, le informamos que efectivamente en estos momentos ya no hay actualizaciones disponibles de firmware para su modelo de teléfono.
Sr. xxxxxxxx, Nokia lanza nuevas versiones de software únicamente para teléfonos en los cuales el software es mejorable.
La finalidad de lanzar nuevas versiones de software siempre es optimizar la funcionalidad del terminal.
En el caso del modelo 5530 que usted tiene, Nokia ha determinado que ya no es necesario actualizar el software ya que el actual es inmejorable.

El modelo 5530 salió a la venta en España a lo largo del pasado 2009. Por supuesto, no es un teléfono obsoleto. Simplemente, Nokia ha considerado que el software de ese modelo concreto es inmejorable.

Sr. xxxxxxxx, si su teléfono presenta alguna incidencia en el funcionamiento, entonces le aconsejamos que lo lleve a uno de nuestros centros oficiales Nokia: allí lo van a revisar dentro de la garantía que le da a usted Nokia por su teléfono, que es de 2 años.

En cualquier caso, efectivamente existen otros modelos de teléfono para los cuales Nokia sí está lanzando nuevas versiones de software: esto es debido a que Nokia ha determinado que el software de esos modelos sí puede ser mejorable. Son, por ejemplo, el N8-00, el C6-01, el C7-00, el X6.

De todos modos, Sr. xxxxxxxxx, si su 5530 presenta algún tipo de incidencia, le aconsejamos por tanto que lo lleve a un centro Nokia donde lo podrán solventar. En el documento que le adjuntamos a continuación encontrará todas las direcciones de los puntos oficiales Nokia más cercanos a su domicilio. Le aconsejamos también que lleve su factura de compra o albarán de entrega para poder hacer uso de su garantía oficial de 2 años.

Igualmente, le informamos de que ahora Nokia ofrece servicio gratuito llamado Nokia Expert On Line, que incluye una serie de clases magistrales, durante las cuales, los usuarios podrán preguntar en vivo y en directo al personal experto de Nokia. Puede acceder a dichas clases de manera gratuita en el enlace:

Desde Nokia Care, agradecemos la confianza depositada en nosotros y esperamos que le haya sido útil la información ofrecida.

Le recordamos Sr. xxxxxxxxxxx, que en breve recibirá una encuesta y es muy importante para nosotros que se tome unos instantes para completarla y así valorar la calidad de la respuesta ofrecida a su consulta. Su valoración y sus comentarios nos son muy útiles para mejorar la calidad y rendimiento de nuestros productos y servicios.

Atentamente,

Rosario T.

Nokia Service Professional
Nokia Care
Please use plain text.