Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Updates to Windows Phone 7.8 starting today!

jalanara

Hi,

My phone is ex-business phone and possible from Sonera. Any idea when Sonera accepted image is ready?
The_Gun19

I'd just like to say the 'CABLE TRICK' is actually called 'A FORCED UPDATE' and that it actually does work, seeing

that I've been able to get 6 forced updates, 3 per Nokia Lumia 710 (Country Variants). I believe that there is no need for you to go to the hack website as there's no point when all you need to do is to go to Zune, click on the reserved space on the bar, and click 'Updates'. That will present you with a loading bar and as soon as that starts, all you need to do is to count to 5 and disconnect WiFi (best not to do Ethernet as that's effort, but it's up to you). If it says there's an update, connect back to WiFi AND THEN click Update or you'll have to restart the Forced Method. If it says 'Sorry, we could not check as there was some connection problem', count to 8 or 10 and that will work. If it says 'Your phone is up to date', reduce the amount of seconds you need to count for. Trust me here, IT WORKED.

Good Luck when trying this! You'll need to do this three times to get go to WinP 7.8. =D

The_Gun19

Yes, that was how I updated my Lumias =D
The_Gun19

No, this 'Forced Method' is an accepted method and will not f*** up your warranty in any way.
shreyas2308

dear sir,

i am from india using black lumia 800 7.5 my zune is not showing any new update for it pls help

my firmware revision no is : 1750.0805.8773.12220 ................or the 7.8 in india isa available for 510 and 710.

The_Gun19

Just try the Forced Update method - listed just a few posts above :squint:

It should still work. If not, you could change your phone and zune location to Britain or USA,

and then try to update it (US definitely does work).

Registered Member
anubhavdas221

My Lumia 800 doesn't pick up the update even when it is out for some time now . Please help . I'm from India
cibber

Have updated to 7.8 in UK. today using your method. Everything works fine. Thanks.

Contributor
07npr

I try to update my lumia 710 through Nokia care but they are not able to update to 7.8
The_Gun19

You re welcome mate!

The_Gun19

And I said update it through Zune...
Contributor
Sjorscr

I'm in Belgium,

according to the list of available countries i should be one of the first where the update should work,

well it doesn't!

i've tried resetting my location but in some ways its blocked, i can't change the location...

then i've tried the force update thingy, but in some way it won't work either, or i'm doing it wrong?

Please someone help me...

Contributor
Sjorscr

Seriously mate, or i'm doing it wrong or it just doesn't work?
disconnect what wifi???? wifi on the phone? it's connected via cable...
The_Gun19

Hi

I need to know what error messages you receive with zune when forcing the update.

I don't know the update list but it generally does not matter what the update order is when forcing it...

I'm not entirely sure so someone can correct me on that...

The_Gun19

Firstly, your phone must not be connected via wifi or mobile network so close ALL connections down on your phone - not airplane mode ??

Now its disconnect wifi on comp within 5-10secs on zune (win 7 users can just access it from bottom and disconnect - win 8 users can go into airplane mode on comp - i find that fairly quicker)

And you should see the update!!

KEEEEEEEEEEP TRYING IT WILL EVENTUALLY HAPPEN!!

List the error messages when trying and I'll try to help!
Registered Member
alanmortnz

I have a Lumia 800, originally purchased in England, but now residing in New Zealand.

(....the phone was bought Sim free.)

My attempts failed to get the 7.8 upgrade, (10days ago in ther UK,) and I still have had no success here in New Zealand. (Zune and the phone, both insist I have the latest available software.)

......does the phones new location cause any upgrade issues?

The Nokia website is showing that the 7.8 "Country Variant" is available in New Zealand.

......for the Black and the White units, although strangely not the Cyan or Magenta units.

(Mine is Black.)

Contributor
JonathanSoder

and it can take up to three weeks for the update to become available for everyone.

Now has it soon got five weeks and I haven´t got any update.

I have Telia in Sweden and a Lumia 800.

Jonathan

The_Gun19

If oyu do the forced update via zune, you'll receive your update even quicker :smileywink:

JonathanSoder wrote:

and it can take up to three weeks for the update to become available for everyone.

Jonathan

JonathanSoder wrote:

Jonathan

Advisor
Ruby77

I have the lumia 800 on tmobile in the UK and still no update, anyone have it on tmobile?

I've tried the forced method and it just says 'cant connect to find update'

I've emailed and tweeted Nokia, no reply on either. Very frustrating, bad form Nokia!!

Contributor
JonathanSoder

I have tried many days, but I seem too have bad timing.
It doesn´t work for me.