Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Updates to Windows Phone 7.8 starting today!

shorty29

This is a joke tried to force update gave up 5 weeks later still no update on Orange UK contacted them they say they've not even received it but Nokia says they have somebodies lying I don't care who just stop taking liberties and sort it out (wish I took the Samsung)
Please use plain text.
The_Gun19

Ruby77 wrote:

I have the lumia 800 on tmobile in the UK and still no update, anyone have it on tmobile?

I've tried the forced method and it just says 'cant connect to find update'

I've emailed and tweeted Nokia, no reply on either. Very frustrating, bad form Nokia!!

This means you need to wait a few seconds more in order for the update to be found!!!!!

Don't worry, everyone has different disconnectivity times, so you'll just have to keep trying for it to work.

Please use plain text.
The_Gun19

shorty29 wrote:
This is a joke tried to force update gave up 5 weeks later still no update on Orange UK contacted them they say they've not even received it but Nokia says they have somebodies lying I don't care who just stop taking liberties and sort it out (wish I took the Samsung)

1) You obviously didn't try hard enough to update your phone ...

2) Samsungs are rubbish compared to Nokia

3) You can't blame Nokia but Orange as updates are dependant on your operator

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
YOUsaka

hello im using lumia 900..im from malaysia..my problem is..when can i have 7.8 update? me wait so much time still havent receive any notification for update..izzit gonna update on my lumia or i juz sell and buy new phone ==!

Please use plain text.
Employee
kerttu

Hi everyone,

Microsoft has identified a minor issue in the Windows Phone 7.8 update and have temporarily paused delivery until it’s addressed. We’ll have more information as it becomes available.

Please use plain text.
The_Gun19

kerttu wrote:

Hi everyone,

Microsoft has identified a minor issue in the Windows Phone 7.8 update and have temporarily paused delivery until it’s addressed. We’ll have more information as it becomes available.

Can you tell us exactly what this problem is please?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Srikki

I got my 7.8 update & the disconnect method worked for me. I am based in India & it got me through 2 small updates first & the 3rd one to my surprise was 7.8. I am not sure why would a nokia employee provide a misleading information that Microsoft has paused the release because of some bug, this is disappointing. But i am happy that I got my Update :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

The_Gun19 wrote:

kerttu wrote:

Hi everyone,

Can you tell us exactly what this problem is please?

The statement clearly implies not but would it matter really if they did?

If you want to know more there are many, many (more or less speculative) posts on this here and on most WP related tech blogs such as WPcentral, WMPoweruser and others..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
YOUsaka

how long again i need to wait? ==!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

YOUsaka wrote:

how long again i need to wait? ==!

For as long as it takes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
audiboy

Hi Kerttu
how long do we wait for the update to 7.8. I have two 610's purchased together, one has received the update, the other has not. How long is the roll-out expected to last? Both phones are set to receive automatic update notification.
Audiboy
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Sientico

i did it!!!! It works!!!!!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
WikiBrad

the rumor is that the new tiles in 7.8 keep sticking, so it has been pulled to work out the bugs, no info on timeline
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi mate,

Microsoft has identified a minor issue in the Windows Phone 7.8 update and have temporarily paused delivery until it’s addressed. We’ll have more information as it becomes available.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
Employee
kerttu

Hi,

I have good news for you all!

Delivery of Windows Phone 7.8 continues from today. Those customers who have already updated to 7.8 will get immediate access to the new software which includes the fix for the live tile issue reported by some, and for those who had not previously updated their phones the update will be phased in during the coming weeks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
RanjanDEL

Hurry!! Again i am hopeful to get update. Microsoft has pulled the developers hard this time to get the bugs fixed quickly... get going for 7.8
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sunshinepb

Hi

I have nokia lumia 900 as well.

OS is 7.10.8858.136
firmware - 2175.2307.8858.12480

I am able to download both bluetooth sharing and ringtone maker.
Ringtone maker is working but Bluetooth Sharing is still saying I need to update my device. Please suggest what to do.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sunshinepb

Hi

I have nokia lumia 900 as well.

OS is 7.10.8858.136

but I saw that OS is now 7.1.8862

WIth zune i am unable to get it.

firmware - 2175.2307.8858.12480

I am able to download bluetooth sharing and ringtone maker. Even Contact Share. 

Ringtone maker is working. Contact share works with sms and email and not with bluetooth. And, Bluetooth Sharing is still saying I need to update my device. Please suggest what to do. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi.
Received message software update available, this morning connected my Lumia 800 to my win7 PC, got message to update Zune first. Completely reinstalled Zune after updates failed, when connecting Lumia 800 again I received "Connection Error - Can't connect to your phone. Disconnect it, restart it, then try connecting again."
I have tried several times to disconnect and re-start but without success.
Anyone any ideas or suggestions.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
divyanshu_logi

I got my Lumia 800 updated this morning.
It was a notification in phone and I updated it through Zune.
But was unable to discover what all changes this update has caused!!

Os version:7.10.8864.144
Firmware revision number:1750.0823.8858.12460
Please use plain text.