Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: WP 7.8

Counsellor
cintwo

WP 7.8

I have a Lumia 710 last update 1600.3036.8853.12440 OS 7.10.8862.144 WP 7.8

Bluetooth is not working, I can't pair to other phones/pc or send pictures, etc. I thought WP 7.8 was fixing this problem...or is it another update coming in?

Anyone :Cool: ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Windows phone 7.x does not support the File transfer Protocol so you need the app/support built in to the Nokia Firmware to send files using ObjectPushProfile.

Using this you can send, but not receive files. This is well documented and explained in several places. Also need the Bluetooth transfer app provided by Nokia.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm sure it was inlcuded in wp 7.8, when were discussing it and the Nokia tech came out with a list of improvements included in the upgrade, the bluetooth share was there, anyway for now I've got this

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/products/windows-phone-7-8-update/

it's an app, I am not sure whether I will have other upgrades or it's the last

thanks again...well I have 3 phones :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The bluetooth file transfer support is not in the OS, it is in the Nokia Firmware. To use it you need to get the app as well.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

Hello, I have a Lumia 710 which is unlocked too (sim free), I upgraded connecting to Zune and the only thing that isn't working as promised is the bluetooth share, but there's an app called 'bluetooth share' that is working well, so you can pair and send/receive files. I had same problems with a Nokia C6-01 upgrade to symbian belle, so pratically I reset the phone to fabric and redownloaded the upgrade, that fixed everything for me. You could try to connect the phone to Zune to see if you can reinstall the upgrade...if it doesn't I'd consider a reset or maybe an email to the support to see if they have any suggestion

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

cintwo wrote:

the only thing that isn't working as promised is the bluetooth share, but there's an app called 'bluetooth share' that is working well, so you can pair and send/receive files

So, bluetooth share isn't working but is working well, all in the same sentence. Any chance you could make your mind up and stop confusing other people as well ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

But it's you again...the bluetooth in WP 7.8 isn't pairing nor with the pc or with other phones so it's not working at all, to have bluetooth that's sharing you need to d/l an app from the marketstore and run that, meaning pairing and sharing with the app...is it clear now..maybe I am a fast typist

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Yes, me again. You misunderstand this matter.

Bluetooth pairing with another device works just fine as long as the required Bluetooth Profile is supported on both ends. Once pairing has been established and the target device is known  you can select it when sending a file and it will connect, set up the transfer, transfer the file and disconnect.

---

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

Yes I understood well it's not a bleutooth sharing with any device like any enabled pc or any phone or tablet that is bluetooth enabled, so you need to d/l an app for the purpouse

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Even with the app you can't pair on a streaming or permanent connection. Only incidental on an as needed basis. The current support for file transfer is Nokia specific and part of the firmware, not the OS

---

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cintwo

[ Edited ]

Yes thanks, yes it's an app ... I'm only using it to transfer files , it seems to work pretty well so no problem with it:squint:

Please use plain text.