Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Weather Widget ?

Contributor
aim1999

Weather Widget ?

Hey,

So I got the update on my N8, looks pretty cool. I was looking for the weather widget. Is this something I gotta download from nokia store or should this be preloaded with belle ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rjunchaya

I read in the Finnish blog N8FIN that this weather widget was not included in the upgrade but it will be probably be included (among other new widgets) in a complimentary upgrade soon. Not nice for me, as they have not given any official info on that...

Please use plain text.
Sage
DeadmanN8

[ Edited ]

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/02/08/nokia-belle-download-your-faqs-answered/

The widgets included in Nokia Belle are the same across all devices, and thus the Nokia Belle update for N8, E7, X7, C6-01, C7 and Nokia Oro includes the same widgets as the Nokia 700, 701 and 603 launched last year with Nokia Belle. Unfortunately, the weather widget is not available on Nokia Belle as it was a concept that was in the end not included in the final software version.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
hautho

download Foreca, works fine for me........
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hi

Yeah I was looking for it too, I have seen pictures/videos of a 'weather' bar widget (which when clicked takes you into the Nokia Map weather app) and a 'my location' widget which appears to take up half a homescreen (which when clicked opens Nokia Maps) and neither of these came with the recent Belle update/Maps 3.08 install. 

Will these eventually be released officially by nokia because both look excellent?

If not where can I get hold of them without ruining the already installed Nokia Maps 3.08

Thanks all

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Iouvis

It comes in Nokia Maps Suite 2.0. Rolled out today in Nokia Beta Labs.

Never worked for me before. Now does.

Looks gorgeous. It rocks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks mate

The new suite has the my location widget but not the wether widget, still looks cool though

Cheers again

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
n8paul

Use the FREE  AccuWeather   widget/app  available on Nokia store   works fine on my N8 with Belle

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Its arrived yay!!!

check out Nokia Beta Labs

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

The weather widget has been released as a beta version app in Nokia beta labs. I already have a weather widget from the leaked version of belle. All I want to know is, where do you install the beta weather widget? Is it in C drive or can it be installed in E drive as well?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

[ Edited ]

blitzkid wrote:
The weather widget has been released as a beta version app in Nokia beta labs. I already have a weather widget from the leaked version of belle. All I want to know is, where do you install the beta weather widget? Is it in C drive or can it be installed in E drive as well?

Hi blitzkid

The weather widget from Beta Labs automatically installs in C but my advice is for you to keep for now your weather widget from leaked Belle. I've installed the Beta version and the night doesn't work; it's by night and the widgets keep showing the sun :smileysurprised:

They'll probably release a fixed version soon.

I hope this helps you.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

@noki2000
Thank you for your reply...
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sureis

It seems like Nokia N8-00 running on Belle is not compatible with weather after updating to Nokia map suite 2.0. The beta labs shows so. But I'm not worried as I have got the application called "THE WEATHER" from ovi store. those who want weather widget they can go to ovi store and search THE WEATHER. It's nice. As far as I'm concerned with the information, I think Nokia is developing weather for integrating onto map suite. Till then we can use THE WEATHER. Cheers!
penguin
Please use plain text.