Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: What 'WE" need from NEXT 5800 FIRMWARE!!

Advisor

HOPE WE WILL HAVE SOMETHING FROM NOKIA, SINCE, OMNIA HD ALSO WORKS WITH SYMBIAN. SO WHY NOT US?

WHATS WRONG WITH US?

IS IT BEING NOKIA USER?

Please use plain text.
Sage
aronpresley

what I want in the new firmware is 

1. Widget or preferably more options on the homescreen with landscape mode

2. Better camera (can't we have face detection? Samgsung with the same platform has one)

3. A tad bit more faster

4. Having Kinetic scrolling is a good Idea, Makes the phone look more smooth

5. Wifi dropouts fixed

6. better browsers

7. SKYPE preinstalled 

8. Music Keys on the home screen when music starts. Even Nokia's new touch screen (Xpressmusic) has it.

9. Better video playability without that cuts in between

10.Better sound

Nokia 3230, Nokia 6255i, Nokia 6500s, Nokia N72, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia 5800 XM, Apple Iphone 3G
Please use plain text.
pedram5800

better camera quality
more themes
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ecko

If you need more themes I can up load it for you

I have a lot of themes 

5300 ---- N-Gage ---- 6600 ---- N-Gage QD---- 5800 XM
Mobile: Nokia 5800 XM Red
Please use plain text.
Advisor

themes are a matter of downloading or designing, there are thousends of themes you can download from the internet.

And if you want to create your own,Use cabride UI, from nokia u have to download the s60v5 plugin for that, if not, make them online, guess what! we can have animated themes even, google for MyOwnskin!

gud luck, and yes Camera should improve far more. thing is hardware is there, so what Nokia can do is accelerate the quality by firmware.

Please use plain text.
Sage
sherb

I really need widgets in the main screen. Nokia dont differenciate 5800 and N97 with widgets. That's really lame and disappointing. Actually I got fooled. In few ads and pictures you find widgets in the homescreen and without checking online I went and bought one. Anyways officially this will be the last Nokia phone I buy. Nokia needs to impress me then I'll be back.  High Time Nokia starts interacting with their customers.

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic (11) [Product ID: 0559416]
V 21.0.025 (date: 02-04-2009)
network: mobily (etihad etisalat)
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i felt this will be my last nokia as they bitray be, better if i bought iphone.
Please use plain text.
Sage

You lot have completely missed the point.

No firmware updates will cure the intrinsic problems that you have with the 5800, the problem lies not with the firmware, but with the hardware, the CPU is running at a pathetically slow 369MHz, the N97 isn't much better at 434 MHz, without the power in the engine room (in this case the CPU) you can make all the refinements you like in firmware, it won't make a jot of difference!

There's only one place for a 5800 & that's the recycle bin.

Please use plain text.

Ive had this handset for about two weeks now, overall it is a nice phone :smileyhappy:

For me I would primarily like to see:

-An option to have the front end set horizontally along with an option to choose which side shorcuts are on etc(for us left hander's)

-Left 'hander' layout option, not that necessary for using the phone upright but a must for using the phone horizontally.

-When scrolling through menus in particular contacts it would be good to see the highlighted name scroll as you do, as this would save having to highlight by pushing the name and then push it again to access it etc.

-To be able to alter the media bar shortcuts or have a few more on the homepage :smileywink:

Thats it from me!  :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i d suggest, mony worth nothing but satisfaction. so better i chop this piece of **bleep** and buy a sleek styled iphone with better care, I asked from one moderator here for a mail address to send suggestions, he gave me ideas@nokia.com, it does not work at all since it dsnt exist. Nokia care should change to Nokia dont care.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

intoxicatedm wrote:
i d suggest, mony worth nothing but satisfaction. so better i chop this piece of **bleep** and buy a sleek styled iphone with better care, I asked from one moderator here for a mail address to send suggestions, he gave me ideas@nokia.com, it does not work at all since it dsnt exist. Nokia care should change to Nokia dont care.

I thought it was idea@nokia.com, did you double-check it with the moderator?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

see they just gave you a prank update! a minor one instead of what whole world request. thats how they care! lol
Please use plain text.
anirut29

Oh!!! Me too.

I want : 

1. *Change language easy (Button change language on keyboard).

2. *If Change SMS storage Phone memory to Memory card can not ask copy Sms to memory card.

3. *camera quality.

4. *If me call my friend but my friend use phone my telephone(Call waiting) NOT alert "wait" same Nokia N70.

5. *I think scroll Menu shall scroll same nokia browser(Drop and move) because scroll bar it small human big finger.

6. I want to have Function Mark same "PEN Button" on N70 (I see webbord have a application ThePen Same N70)

7. Contact shall dispart category.

*IMPORTANCE 

Thailand yet can't update FW 21. I don't know Nokia Thai late or NOT CARE.

I am sorry for incorrect and wrong vocabulary. I am Thai people.

I 'am Thai people. We Love ThaiLanD. Thai Land iT Travel Land Come to thailand NOW!!!
www.nokiagang.com (Thai language)
www.bu.ac.th (Bangkok u)
http://ju-untitle.hi5.com
Please use plain text.
Advisor

any more suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
basmic

l'd like better battery life, a better internet browser with better flash support and support for more icons on the home screen.
5800 v20.0.012 -- 6500s v9.40 -- 6233 v5.43 -- 5140 v3.13
Please use plain text.
Sage
aronpresley

Download the new flashlite my be that'll help, as far as Battery, life is really good,  

why is there only either Contacts or Apps We want both cause both are as Important...

Nokia 3230, Nokia 6255i, Nokia 6500s, Nokia N72, Nokia N95 8GB, Nokia 5800 XM, Apple Iphone 3G
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

While changing the ringtone you have to scroll across all the music stored on the phone. With an 8GB memory card thousands

of clips are stored. so it is a hard task to choose a specific ringtone. After all it is an express music phone so It will be better

to have two folders one for songs and the other for ringtones and only those have to appear in the menu where we choose our rongtones.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Yeah.. Please give the amazing user interface features of 5530 such as kinetic scrolling, advanced homescreen and full touch scrolling for us early adopters of 5800xm. As you know, 5800 is still selling, and selling very very well. I bought it and recommended it to two of my friends too! Its life is no where nearing end, its still got two good years to go! I suggest you bring these software features to 5800 and increase its sales even further!!!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

smarter playlist..

Never played can be added to the list.

also rating can be added to the songs..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gbtidi

Oooo: there's loads of things I'd like changed!

I'd like to see some updates to the S60v5 music player. The 5800 is, after all, part of the Xpress Music range! Browsing though long lists of artists and songs is tedious (but would be easier with kinetic scrolling!), so an updated interface would be a welcome change. How about browsing by album art/artist image/song title in a similar way to the 3D wall in Nokia's Photo Browser? Or at least Album Art tiles, as in the Nokia Music desktop program.

I'd also like to see a "Delete all listened-to" option in podcasting, or even better, an auto-delete of old podcasts. The 5800 great at managing and downloading podcasts, this would just round-off it's features.

This has already been mentioned, but here it is again. I don't seem able to paste WEP keys when adding new WLAN connections. The field seems to be locked to simple character entry, which is a pain for long strings of random characters! Fix it Nokia!

I find the drop-down Media Bar really handy, although it would be even more useful if I could customize the shortcuts displayed. I realize that this is possible with a 3rd party app, but who wants to pay (and use more RAM by running extra apps!) when Nokia can add this functionality easily itself?

Again, already mentioned, I really miss the "mark several" option from S60v3. Marking multiple contacts, messages, making playlists, etc, is a nightmare on the 5800.

Did I already mention kinetic scrolling?! (who hasn't mentioned it?!) Nokia pulled it off pretty well in it's internet browser. Why not phone wide?! The Kinetic Scrolling in Google Maps and the latest version of Opera Mini make the 5800's screen a joy to use. The phone would be A LOT better if it was deployed across the UI.
3310 ~ 5210 ~ 3510i ~ 6230 ~ 6680 ~ N91 ~ N76 ~ N78 ~ 5800XM ~ N97 Mini & N900
Please use plain text.