Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: What is new firmware upgrade in Nokia 5130 Xpr...

Registered Member

What is new firmware upgrade in Nokia 5130 XpressMusic

I have upgraded my nokia 5130c-2 firmware to v07.91,rm-495. I want to know what fixes are made in this version.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Re: What is new firmware upgrade in Nokia 5130 XpressMusic

Changelogs are considered confidential information by Nokia and they're not released to the public.

You'll have to search the web for forums that publish such leaked information.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

hi...... its only improve the existing services ,long battery life , improve java support & fix the problems. plz wait for 28 feb. because v8.20 is in work . v8.20 has many new feature for nokia 5130
Please use plain text.

Привет. Dhiman33, Это это правда?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

haye whats that , i can't get ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
krasaffcheg

Is this a verified information? And can you say more about this v08.20?

Please use plain text.
joesteven

Bro Can you reconfirm the release date for the new firmware i.e. 8.20.. And what is the reason that I don't get the 7.xx firm update through Nokia soft updater? I wouldn't want to wait until the new release date and then realize v8.xx ain't available through nokia soft update... Reply is highly anticipated.

Thanks a ton :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Nobody can confirm the release date because Nokia does not reveal this information.

Also, if your phone cannot be updated to a version that is already available to other handsets of the same model, it could be because yours is a branded handset obtained through a network operator. Read about Branded phones and software updates.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
joesteven

Right, I'm pretty sure it ain't a branded phone.. anyways even if it is, can I get the update through one of 'em nokia care outlets?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Not if the update has not yet been released for your product code. Not even a Nokia Care Point can install firmware that doesn't yet exist.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

I think it will be release in Feb. or march, nokia software update is available  for limited number of phones so plz go to your nearest nokia care center, they update your phone in just 15 min & free of cost .

I think I solve your problem , if I not please tell me again , take care

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

Yes dear u can update from nokia care

Please use plain text.
joesteven

Well, would you suggest me updating my phone's firmware from v6.65 to v7.9x, at the care centre? I wouldn't mind waiting a month to get a proper upgrade.

The v6.65 that I've, got  messed up the other day and it deleted a lot of apps/rendered apps not usable.. problems with music player..deleted inbuilt opera...not enough memory..blah blah blah.. hence the sudden search for firmware.

I quite heard couple of bugs about v7.9x, hence I'm at catch-22 situation.. Please do advice about the firm update...i.e. should i wait or run v7.9x

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

No bro , nobody know about the release date .

Please use plain text.
ambonsoleh

Re: What is new firmware upgrade in Nokia 5130 XpressMusic [New]

i think you should to not have an update to v.07.91, because it has many bugs that very disturbing. for the example:

1.when i switch to next song, it took around 5 sec. Please. 5 sec is very long for music phone ! and when i open the music player through music library, it usually take 5 sec too. :smileymad:

2. the screensavers and powersaver options are gone ! (hey, i need them most !) :smileymad:

3. whenever i go online through the browser (opera mini), the internet speed always have problem like busy, unable to connect however i still have full signal and still able to connect.

4. often get blank

5. sometimes the music player can't play the music because the memory is full. (although i still have 700 MB free of 1 GB)

6. the bluetooth transfer from other phone or device to phone takes longer than before.

you should until the new firmware v.08.20 is released which confirmed tha come with a lot of feature (OMG, i need it most). :smileywink:

One of the features that i heard is the option of Downloads in Web will replaced by Ovi Store.

i hope it comes up with Active standby and Maps and return the screensavers and powersaver option, and fixes all of those annoying bugs. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Dhiman33

bro, I advice you to wait for next version , because in 07.91 music player is too slow & other bugs , so I advice you to wait  :-)

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I really don't get the people from Nokia: why make an update that makes your phone slower?...i thought an update is something that supposed to make your phone more fast and rich in features :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joesteven123

Mate, I've waited for 1.5 months and no updates seems to have appeared. Can you name the source where you got 'february or march' from...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
silent92

Greetings 5130 remake of the screen saver when I come over and want to come back and become the player I want the old me, please get half.......

Please use plain text.
nmh94

i 've waited for 6 months and now i think that is 2/2011
Please use plain text.