Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

What is the latest firmware for '5130c-2 XM' as of...

RezaB

What is the latest firmware for '5130c-2 XM' as of Jan 2011?

[ Edited ]

Hello, everyone!

Well, the topic says it all. :smileywink:

If you want to know why I asked this question, here you go:

When I use Ovi Suite updater it says that my phone (which has 7.91 pre-installed) is up-to-date. I also have installed Nokia Software Updater and it says the same thing. But I have read lots of posts here which clame that there is 7.95, 7.96, 7.97!!! And even an 8.20 in develpment.

So, what is wrong?

My phone info (*#0000#)

Nokia 5130c-2

V 07.91

29-10-09

RM-495

(c) Nokia

Variant: 255.01

And I have another question too:

Is there possible to download firmware file to my PC and copy it to my phone memory then update my phone from there?

I ask this cause there is a greyed out option named 'installed softw. update' in

Setting --> Phone --> Phone updates

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: What is the latest firmware for '5130c-2 XM' as of Jan 2011?

Availability of update depends on Region / Product Code... Also, if the Phone is Network locked..then the update is possible only after an approval from the Operator..

You may check here too..

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
RezaB

Hey, thanks. I had done that before and it says 7.91 is the latest. So, assuming updates is not avaiable in my Region and 7.91 is the latest for my product code, But even when I go here --> http://www.europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate  and choose Nokia 5130 XM, it still says: "Latest software release for Nokia 5130 XpressMusic is 07.91" regardless of Region / Product Code. Logically it should display the latest version, right? (Don't tell me it has something to do with your location and IP address, coz I used VPN and changed my IP to US and it still says 7.91 is the latest.) I'm really confused. :smileysad:  I really want a straight answer.

Are there 7.95 or 7.96 or 7.97 out there?

Has anyone ever updated from 7.91 to 7.95 or to 7.96 or 7.97?

Can anyone confirm that there is a 7.95 or 7.96 or 7.97 pre-installed?

Anyway, back to the original questions:

1. What is the latest firmware for '5130c-2 XM' as of Jan 2011?  <-- I want someone go here --> http://www.europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate and enter 5130 in the quick search box and see what is the latest version. I know it's asking too much, but I really appreciate the effort. Thanks in advance.

2. Is there possible to download firmware file to my PC and copy it to my phone memory then update my phone from there?  <-- I really want an answer for this,

Please use plain text.
knvthuks

Dude there is a ver 7.95 since my phone is using it. I'm not sure that there is an 7.96 or upwards. I tried numerous times to change the firmware from 7.6.5 which was terrible which i could not using software updater(latest version). But the way i got it it was where i bought it via cellphone repair and i got my phone this day.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
greyunit

today when i check using ovi suite (latest version) it says i have latest version on my phone. 5.80.

when i check online site it says 7.91 is available for my phone via either ovi suite or NSU.

since ovi obiously failed to update my phone, i installed the classic pcsuite and NSU. after running NSU it tells me 7.97 is available for my phone.

NOKIA you need to fix these inconsistency!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ThilinaThe7T

Hey i'm from Sri Lanka and i'm using the 5130 xmusic with the latest firmware which is v7.97. I think it's the latest firmware available for this phone.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rbs_1981

Ver 7.97 is latest and not stable .......
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Donshady28

Hi guys! I just Updated my phone wit 7.79version it working fine.. Am from nigeria
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kailasa12

I have problem while updating my phone,I'm from India and my version is 6.93,I know the latest version is 7.97,even the updater says so

but in the process of updating via PC suite

it keeps telling me connection lost right where it finishes backing up,which is an hour long process,and if I retry,it bloody keeps backing up again and again :X

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

kailasa12 wrote:

I have problem while updating my phone,I'm from India and my version is 6.93,I know the latest version is 7.97,even the updater says so

but in the process of updating via PC suite

it keeps telling me connection lost right where it finishes backing up,which is an hour long process,and if I retry,it bloody keeps backing up again and again :X

How long did you wait when it shows 'Connection lost' ..?  Its normal for the phone to switch OFF and ON several times on its own during the update process. When the phone switches OFF you see the message 'connection lost'. Once the phone switches ON, the connection should get re-established. So wait 4-5 minutes when you get that message and see if the process contineous after that ..

Please use plain text.