Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

What will in nokia 5800 v60.........?

jaheer451786

What will in nokia 5800 v60.........?

Hi,

What u think about v60...? Is any new or only improvements...?

In my views next update will have some better future like...

1. New home screen with widget support

2. Home screen auto rotations.

3. Improved WLAN performance's .

4. New browser with tabs( I hope)

5. More response in menu

6. Much more better KS all over.

7. Documents support like PDF, DOC, EXEL etc( I hope)

8. Phone memory improvements.

9 Improved cam 

10. Music player better performance.

Please use plain text.
Sage
kasvinda

Re: What will in nokia 5800 v60.........?

nokia has failed to give the v50 via NSU ... soo haw can u expect thm to release v60???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

nokia has failed to give the v50 via NSU ... soo haw can u expect thm to release v60???

The million plus downloads of V5   will disagree with your statement .

jje

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@kasvinda - then use Ovi or OTA. How hard could that be.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Sage
kasvinda

i have updated to v50 via OTA like everyone. but NOT VIA NSU...!!! so the phone has got only the additional files in v50. have u guys got features like quick office, rihana shortcut,...etc with ur update???????
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

have u guys got features like quick office, rihana shortcut,..Etc with ur update

Those features product code dependent .

Rhianna is some pop singer  web page  . Quick Office is read only not full .

If your product code does not include them you dont get them .

jje

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

I updated via Ovi Suite. Got none of those things. Ovi Suite update was 135mb. Its regional dependent.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Sage
kasvinda

@jje i tried with several europe product codes...bt ddnt gt those features..
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

@jje i tried with several europe product codes...bt ddnt gt those features..

Obvious wrong codes   .

You do understand that you have invalidated your warranty now .

jje

Please use plain text.
Professor
lvvine

NO, Nokia will not release any more firmware update. At most 1 more minor update may come up for 5800. But no V 60. Nokia 5800 will be archive the product..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Irvine if you can give me exactly where you got that info, I will believe you unless an official announcement is made.

With the C6 being given the N97 screen, that screen becomes non-exclusive to N-series anymore and there is no reason for Nokia to not extend its implementation if we bother them enough.
Please use plain text.
Professor
lvvine

Its end of lifecycle of 5800, Nokia will never post saying that firmware will be stoped.

its based on how stable is the product with last released firmware. And the end of cycle is decided. Nokia will never waste time in fixing each and every very minor bug.

V50 have fixed almost all the bugs in it. If any minor bug which is affecting the function then only next firmware will released.

Customers can not demand for new firmware with added functions, Nokia decides on the market and there future product.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

Customers can not demand for new firmware with added functions, Nokia decides on the market and there future product.

Often that what happens with a product is that it gets to the stage when it makes more sense to incorporate new stuff in a new model rather than try to extend the capabilities way past the original build   .

jje

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@Irvine - that's the point exactly. No one, not even you, can say that its the end of the lifecycle because its "stable" the RDS bug is not fixed, and it is not minor because Nokia advertises the phone as having RDS but it now does not. Customers can sue them for that.
Please use plain text.
Professor
lvvine

RDS is not a big bug its just function not working. it can be fixed in a minor firmware fix release

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

So, then a firmware would still be released. And from what i see, the above requests are basic performance enhancements.

Until no firmware updates are released for a span of 10months, thats the only way we can know if support has been withdrawn.
Please use plain text.
Professor
lvvine

It still depends on Nokia to release it or not.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
estaca

I'm content to fix the RDS. It is something that comes with the phone and thus must work well as in v31.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
superaron

V60 must have free TV!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

V60 must have free TV!

Plus mini fridge and layzeeboy recliner .

jje

Please use plain text.