Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

When will N8 belle get FP1 and FP2

Counsellor
brotherman38
Accepted Solution

When will N8 belle get FP1 and FP2

Will the N8 belle get FP1 and FP2 like whats being reported on various web sites? Will this post be deleted by Nokia?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: When will N8 belle get FP1 and FP2

[ Edited ]

Nokia has yet to officially state their future plans.

All you can do is wait and keep following the news and announcements. When Nokia has something to say about it they will put it on one of their blogs or officially share it in some other way.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Hi brotherman38, 

A Nokia employee’s presentation yesterday about Symbian has been taken out of context. Our commitment to Symbian remains unchanged. In the past 12 months, we have introduced a number of new Symbian smartphones (including the award winning Nokia 808 PureView), a refreshed user experience, secure and open NFC capabilities, Microsoft Apps, and a new entertainment experience via Dolby ® Digital Plus and Dolby ® Headphone on Symbian. As a matter of fact, we will provide more software updates with new features for Symbian smartphones in the coming weeks. As we have said before, we will continue supporting the platform through to 2016.

Please be patient until the official announcements are made. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

Can you confirm whether the reports that FP1 will be available for older symbian 3 devices like N8 and C7 during the week June 25 to July 1 are true or just rumours?
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@Timkamat

Please refer to the above statement made by astra2025.

Regards
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dato22

1.symbian is canceled? Belle FP2 will be last update?

2 will we see new phones on symbian os? 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi all,

Please see this post earlier in the thread.

Nokia Belle FP1 is available for Nokia 603, 700 and 701 only. Earlier Symbian^3 based devices do not have the required hardware to support FP1. All Devices currently capable of running Nokia Belle will receive updates as they become available. As stated in the forum guidelines however discussion of these is not allowed nor can we confirm nor deny rumours or suggestions on future updates:

'Nokia does not comment on rumours or speculation concerning anything not officially announced by the company, and as such discussion of such matters on this forum is also not permitted.'

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cornel8887

At least patch the damn firmware bug in Belle with the WH-701 headset.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dato22

2 will we see new devices on symbian os?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xyberxy

[ Edited ]

the flash and the flv should habe been fixed... Also microsoft apps is not yet available, nokia said it will be available in the coming months...

Moderators notes: Baseless comments removed.

Please use plain text.
Motasembt

yup for sure flv and other video codec's must be supported
Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Hi all,

I will be more than happy when Nokia will release future updates for Nokia N8-00 and its siblings to make Nokia Belle more stable and fix the bugs such as additional video codec support and the draining C memory on the Nokia N8-00 which many users complain of.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
argie

Hi astra2025,

The original post in this thread was asking about FP1 and FP2 specifically on Nokia N8, which is not even mentioned in your reply (which, by the way, is linked to and referred to as a solution, and advertises a new phone).

In your post on May 24 you asked us to be patient until official announcements are made. This was more than a month ago and I am wondering if official announcements have been made,

Would you be so kind and reply to my post with a link to the official announcements on the decision made by Nokia specifically about Nokia N8?

I am truly anxious to confirm that Nokia still cares about those who have been Nokia fans for a long time now, and have invested a great deal of money on this device (less than a year ago!), only to discover that it was being deprecated shortly after its release.

Regards,

carlos_spork

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi argie,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum!

At the release of Nokia Belle FP1 it was clearly stated that this update is for the Nokia 603, 700 and 701 only. Earlier Symbian^3 device can't be updated due to hardware requirements of this update but updates will be available when ready for these devices. At this time there is no given timeframe for such updates. When available you will be notified of them through your Nokia Belle device which will show the update icon in the notification bar indicating availability of updates.

Please use the search function of the forum when you have a question. You will often find your question may have been asked and answered before on the forum. If you'd like I suggest you read the forum guidelines where you will find more information on posting and other forum related questions and rules.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
argie

Thank you for your reply Kosh. As for your suggestion to use the search function of the forum: I spent hours reading posts on the forum and I didn't find that my question had been asked or answered bofore, except for this thread, which was precisely what I was looking for. However, I was somewhat disappointed to find that the post marked as the answer to the original question was not actually providing an answer to the question. That's why I posted my own question here.

Following your other suggestion to read the forum guidelines, I am glad to let you know that I did now. I apologize for anything I said that might be considered offensive, or if I didn't folow the forum's rules.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
c7MTPerror

when will nokia c7 get fp1 and fp2 we are wondered about it.............my 86 friends are wondered and happy bcoz all of them are using nokia c7 including me so plz nokia whne will nokia fp1 and fp2 available for nokia c7........or it will available only for nokia n8
DON
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AmilaMalinga

When will Nokia C7 be getting the FP2 Update????

Please use plain text.
Sage
hp2009

nokia belle FP 2 is released for nokia 700,701,603 &808 only. For C7 and N8, latest version is belle refresh and it will not be updated to FP2 due to hardware limitations.
Please use plain text.