Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Why MS apps changes the Email app??

Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd
Accepted Solution

Why MS apps changes the Email app??

I don't know why this MS apps also installs E-mail app too!?
I have updated MS apps(2) and lost Email completely.

Now I went to Nokia Care (They don't have FP1 still for 701) for Software reinstall and I'm back to Fresh Start with normal Email and Old Nokia Store app.

Now should I get Belle FP1 using device manger or wait for FP1 Via Nokia Suite?

Please help. 

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I found the solution.
This is Important

Michaels Wrote:

Nokia has identified the root cause of this, and it is not a global issue - it seems to be affecting a small number of Indian software variants where one particular language pack has caused the unexpected side-effect.

Owners of the Nokia 603, 700 and 701 can resolve this by updating to Belle Feature Pack 1, as you have already discovered.

MS Apps have been temporarily withheld for other Symbian^3 models which might be affected by this situation, and a fix is already in development for those customers who have been affected already.

Thanks Michael for the solution. 

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

At the time of my first post above, I had 4 items in the software update.
And belle fp1 could only be installed through device manager.
Now the same fp1 update can be installed using software update app too and just after few hours there is only fp1 update available!

MS apps2 would be release after fp1 update?
If I update to fp1, ms apps2 would be available later?

Please reply.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dcwirtz

This is happening to more than just a small number of phones in India. I live in the US and have a T-Mobile branded Astound that I flashed with C7 Symbian Belle. It changed my email application as well...but the new email app is much faster and provides new widgets, so I have no complaints. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Hi,
Do anybody know when will MS apps 2 will be released please?
Because I already have FP1 installed on my 701.
Thank You. 

Please use plain text.