Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Why does NOKIA offers so unfinished product?

Miketheonly

Why does NOKIA offers so unfinished product?

MY phone originally had a lot of nice ringtones, had no problems with anything i used, had an option of silent camera shutter and many more. Why did Nokia offered me something as bad as Belle?

Yes, it has some interesting features but has nothing I really need! I don't need that huge menu list with a lot of things I don't use and don't know how to uninstall if it's possible. I don't really need those six homescreens and icons I'm able to move! I wanted to TRY this softwared but didn't want no way back!

When, yes, WHEN will be the downgrading to original software available? 

Why is Nokia so interested in inventing this belle thing.. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Why does NOKIA offers so unfinished product?

To uninstall apps from the menu screen just long press on the app you want to remove and select Delete from the pop-up menu. To remove a home screen press the menu button (three horizontal lines on the bottom right) and select Delete this home screen. 

You can still create folders in the applications list and move apps into them to organise things to your liking.

Nokia will not be providing a solution to roll back to previous versions of the firmware.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Miketheonly

However, what about the sound of the camera shutter? Why did Nokia turn it always on letting you only change the sound? 

Well, I wish you to fix all the mentioned (not only by me) bugs because I'm already sick of them..

Good Luck 

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

There is a camera shutter sound "off" option on my N8 Belle - but I need to scroll the list of sounds to make it visible.

For the rest of your comments I can assure you it feels just as awkward going from Belle to Anna, and it is way better for my blood pressure to commit myself to Belle, learning the changes and working around the troubles with the help of this forum while waiting for the fixes that will come - i.e. the small Qt stability update apparently sorted out the trouble with Sleeping Screen and so I can again impress the Android and iPhone users at the pub. :smileytongue:

--

Hans

Please use plain text.