Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Why don't nokia promoting its belle phone ?

Counsellor
TaSac

Why don't nokia promoting its belle phone ?

Nokia has many good symbian belle phones like 701, 500, 808 but in india there no buzz about due less knowledge. I even don't know about 701 before. Why this is happening
TechAdvisor

I too want nokia to promote its belle phones and release new belle phones at different prices.

But the CEO of nokia decided to abandon symbian in favour of his former employer's mobile OS windows phone and maybe also because Symbian is a threat to Windows Phone's growth.

Professor

[ Edited ]

Yes, for reasons that one day may be explained to a psychiatrist working in a mental institution or a judge presiding over a huge corporate breach of fiduciary duty case, the current CEO of Nokia chose to abandon, what was at the time, the most widely used and profitable smartphone operating system in the world (Symbian) to exclusively use one that was almost unused by anyone and had a proven track record of failure... Windows Phone.

That CEO has decided that the future of Nokia smartphones is to ONLY push Microsoft's Windows Phone product even if it means lost profits and market share for Nokia. For that reason Nokia will not promote anything that could take away from the miniscule sales of Lumia/Windows Phone and that means Symbian and Meego product lines.

The future is not bright if this situation persists

Sage
metal_might

interesting what you say, twozero3.

i agree there were competition and all that in 2011, i also agree symbian may have had serious project management issues with S60, i also agree that the company may have been plagued by bureaucracy.

but i am perplexed as to why mr.elop chose to call it burning platform and to abandon it altogether. 

after the announcement in 2011, i realised that i have been infact been a symbian fan all along, so i went and filled my closet with all relic symbian devices. they are so advanced, they will survive the delusion that the market is presently in.

mr.elop SAYS he wants to turn around the company, but looking at the events post 2011 feb, the company is being destroyed, is not only my view, but most expert industry watchers'. 

Professor

Indeed, Nokia's shareprice has done nothing but decline under the stewardship of Elop. So severe is Elop's destruction of the once mighty Nokia that the financial markets now speculate about bankruptcy and take over.
Counsellor
DDeridex

wow. am subscribing to this thread.

my E7 works beautifully with belle refresh, save the following issues:

1. SMS counter absent when typing with hardware keyboard out

2. photo & video editor - is present in my other E7 S^3

3. office software - why should i "purchase" office software after belle upgrade? users suffering because of corporate bleep?

4. browser: SUCKS BIG TIME.

otherwise, the pull-down menu, fluidity in apps movements, belle is a good feel-good upgrade to S^3.

Counsellor
DDeridex

someone pm-ed me about my comment on the browser. here is my description:

1. no fullscreen view like in S^3

2. no indication whether a link is activated in a webpage - when you touch it, nothing happens, unless the new page is loaded

3. stop button on top, so when you scroll down the page and you want to stop loading, you gotto go running up

another pain in the bleep is the default application setting. in S^3, when you set default browser as Opera Mobile, any link you click in any app - even in email - Opera Mobile will open.

in belle refresh, when you click a link in an email message, the default bleeping browser opens, no matter what

again, in belle refresh, when you click a link in an email message, you get a dialog box "loading", and the default browser bleeps up. 

whereas, in S^3, when you click a link in an email message, you get an option: a. open b. set as bookmark c. copy link

i can go on and on about belle refresh bugs, but again, they are solvable, and are no reason why belle should be abandoned. no, i am not being sarcastic. 

Counsellor
dradel

I love my Nokia 700 (with Belle FP1 currently). This is my 3rd Nokia phone, and all of which had some form of a Symbian OS.

I do not want a Windows phone. If Symbian is dead, then when it comes time to replace my Nokia 700, I would guess at this stage it will have to be an Android for me.