Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Why no updates for n95-3

Counsellor

Well now there is another update coming out for the n95-2 and still nothing...no word...nothing for the n95-3...IS THIS THE BLACK SHEEP OF THE N95 LINE?
Please use plain text.
Sage
dani2xll

my view would be then, to warn everyone not to buy the n95 8gb-4 as you too will be left out as the black sheep of the family when it comes to updates etc.
History is a mirror of the past!
And a lesson for the present!
(Persian Proverb)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I would tend to agree, since it looks like Nokia has no intention of supporting phones targeting the US market.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Well in the last week we have seen updates for the n95-1, n95-2, and the n82. Why won't Nokia release anything for the n95-3? This is ridiculous.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

[ Edited ]
Firmware updates are released when Nokia gets lot of complaints about a specific problem or a set of problems based on user input. Nokia would be working on a fix or doing a beta test.
It will be uneconomical for Nokia and irritating for the user to do a firmware upgrade often.

Message Edited by babdi on 08-Apr-2008 03:37 PM
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

So what are you saying? Does the n95-3 not have the same bugs as the n95-1 & n95-2 that have been fixed in the latest updates? I'm sorry it has been over 6 months since there was a firmware update for this phone. Nokia has released 2 or more updates for the n95-1 & n95-2 in the past 6 months to fix bugs....so what is Nokia saying then is the N95-3 the perfect phone with no issues that need to be fixed? We all know this isn't true. The question is what is the real reason they have not/ will not release an updated firmware for this model? Is Nokia working with AT&T to bring out an n95-3? If this is the case I'm going to be even more **bleep**. Is it fair that the n95-3 users have to wait for a firmware update because Nokia wants AT&T to carry this phone model. Is the n95-3 going to wind up like the N75(the last N series phone AT&T carried) with no support from Nokia. This is just a completely unethical way to treat customers who went and spent $600 on a top of the line phone expecting top of the line support from the manufacturer; only to receive the complete opposite.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
babdi

If you are tied with AT&T then you have to wait till AT&T approves the firmware upgrade. This is a major problem with locked SIM and AT&T will take its own time to release it.
If my post has helped you please click the white star on the right
Please use plain text.
Sage
dani2xll

many of us users have bought the n95-3 sim-free so using the at&t argument doesnt work with us. The phone has bugs, Nokia and everyone else knows it. They should fix it or dont sell their phones to this market.
History is a mirror of the past!
And a lesson for the present!
(Persian Proverb)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

AMEN dani2xll....Everyone, at least in the US is using unlocked n95-3 phones because there is no provider offering this phone. There has been speculation that AT&T is supposedly picking up the n95-3 in the sprint/summer. I was just speculating that maybe this is the reason Nokia has not released a firmware for this phone in over 6 months.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hmarsili

Do we have a list of NOKIA N95-3 bugs? If not, I think it's a good idea to start one.
Información sobre Symbian / NSERIES en Español en http://symbianespanol.wordpress.com
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Well I don't know if it would necessarily considered a bug, but you can't run any python apps because python will not install on phone....been stated that firmware would fix issue.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hmarsili

Oka... I have the last version of Python installed and I'm running 2 Python applications on my N95-3 (one of them is Scribe and the other SMARTGET)

I tried to find out which bug are you talking about and I was unable to reproduce de error. Would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction?
Información sobre Symbian / NSERIES en Español en http://symbianespanol.wordpress.com
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I've also seen times when I'll have a full charge on my phone and will use it during the day and it'll show a full charge all during the day. Cut off the phone and restart it and battery will drop down to only 2-3 bars.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Call log bug that shows all calls as a mobile call.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

my phone takes a long time to start !!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hmarsili

A piece of advise...

I don't think 'too long to start' will be consider a bug by NOKIA. If we mix the BUG list with NEW FEATURES REQUEST (even when they are available in other N95) I think this will lead NOWHERE.

A bug is something is NOT WORKING. For example, on the N95-3 if you set the AUTOMATIC RETRIEVAIL for a IMAP account, a message appears saying that ALL MESSAGES WILL BE sync, so there is no point on setting the AMOUNT of messages (default 30).

Here we have a bug, because it only sync the first 30. When you try to changed it, the "all messages" popup will prevent you from doing it. You have to disable automatic retrieval, change 30 to ALL and then re-enable it.

This is clearly a BUG: AUTOMATIC RETRIEVAL CONFIG

In the other hand, "slow camera" should not be consider a bug. OF COURSE there is room for MANY MANY IMPROVMENTS, but the camera works.

NEW FEATURES REQUEST on the N95-3 we have plenty: demand paging, flash lite 3, faster camera, dvfs, and so on... but not having any of them, constitute a bug.

I hope I illustrate my point :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Here is another bug I've found....

Shoot a video with preview turned on using the front facing camera not the primary one. Stop the recording, when the preview comes up hit the "c" key to erase the video. One of two things will happen, sometimes it'll kick out an error saying the camera application is already in use or something to that effect or the screen will flash and switch back into the live preview mode. If you go and check in the gallery though the video is never deleted.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

It might be a good idea to look over change logs for the n95-1 v 12.x on to see if any of these issues are also present in the n95-3. The video deletion bug I mentioned in the post above I found because the v 12.x changelog mentioned some issues with using the front mounted camera.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i want the Automatic Screen Rotate Feature
Please use plain text.