Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Why no updates for n95-3

Counsellor

Well with them rolling out the v20 n95-2 firmware this week I can pray that Nokia might grace us Americans with a firmware update. You know those of us who have shelled out $600+ for a phone you apparantly have no intention of supporting.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

:smileysad: i'm waiting for an upgrade for my n95-3, hopefully nokia remembers us..

We need Flash 3 and more faster camera :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

It is a disappointment of epic proportions how Nokia is treating its US S60 users. I love my N95, but I am so disappointed in Nokia's ability to give us the software updates we all could use.

I'm thinking of contacting the BBB and Nokia's corporate offices, because this has gotten out of hand.

Here's to hoping for updates when we deserve them. (At the same time as the rest of the world?)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I agree completely. I emailed the consumerist.com yesterday to let them know how we are getting shafted by Nokia. Hopefully they will put a post on consumerist.com to keep others from buying an unsupported phone and ending up in the same boat as us.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yes.

There are updates for version 1 and 2.

I spent a lot of money for my N95-3 , and I didn´t receive any update for it from Nokia. For me it tastes bitter.

What are the results? Easy, a friend of mine asked me for a phone, and I suggest her to buy the I-Phone, because she won´t receive any support from Nokia in case she choses the N95.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Found some morebugs over the weekend when my sd card got full. Experienced weird behavior and one lockup when trying to switch from video mode to camera mode when my sd card was full and I picked internal memory when the phone prompted me. Have to maybe look into this further?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Do you think Nokia might be getting a clue about the fact that if you treat your consumers like **bleep** they will quit buying your products? You think that maybe this is the reason the number of handsets Nokia sold in the USA last quarter dropped 45% from the previous year, and this is the second straight quater they have lost market share in the US? Maybe Nokia just doesn't care and is giving up on this market, who knows? Nokia if you plan on staying around in the US market you might want to start thinking about treating us consumers in the USA on par with your consumers in Europe, mainly by giving us regular firmware updates like you release for your European targeted phones.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i sent a letter to nokia, asking why no upgrades.. and they say me.....

The n95-1 have other Hardware, and the n95-3 other too.. the new firmware for this device is coming soon.... mmm.. but when ??? :smileysad: i hope so... :smileysad:

i recommend that us sent more letters to nokia?? yes? if u want :smileytongue:

thx... c ya!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Where is ma **bleep** update?? has spent much time since the update of N95-2, Nokia discriminate against americas.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I sent an email to their board of directors complaining about the lack of updates. I included my address & phone number. Will be interesting to see if they send any response.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

yeah, i hope so thrashernb, copy and paste here the answers.. :smileytongue: thx..
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
sphere_s

[ Edited ]
Please be advised that this is a user to user discussions board where we encourage participation and feedback from Nokia end users.

For feedback regarding the services received, please channel these to your local contact point for further assistance and support.

Regards.

Message Edited by sphere_s on 25-Apr-2008 06:15 AM
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Spehere-s:

I think that this ia a joke. a software update is not related to a local representative.

There are not precedents of that behavoir to any Nokia model.

Pls, be responsible of this situation and solve it. That is all we want.

Sincerely yours

Alfred
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Sphere-S.

Suppouse that you have a Honda Accord and the brakes have a manufacturing problem. The solution is really easy. Honda recognize the situation , and they will solve the problem or replace the unit.

That´s the way.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jokerman

For the sake of all Americans give us our update.

Proud to be American
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Anyone else with an n95-3 should be careful not to fill up their built in flash memory. I was at a one of the kids ball games and taking pictures and my sd card got full, switched to internal memory when prompted and continued taking pictures. Filled up internal memory and from what it looked like I got a phone call with memory full. Phone locked up. Powered off and back one and was unable to get into call history anymore. Noticed the next day also that messaging would not open anymore either. Had to do a hard reset on my phone to get those two programs working again. Don't know if maybe files got corrupted since internal memory was full? Anyways n95-3 users be carefull about filling up internal flash memory since Nokia isn't going to try and fix any issues with our phones.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

So, if I must change my N95-3, what are the options?

Is Nokia a trusted provider?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I think the problem here with NokiaUSA is that they dont follow whats happening with Nokia Europe/ASIA and the support they are providing to their users. Why cant NokiaUSA do the same and make their users feel more welcome to use Nokia Products???

Plus the N95-3 was released because of the WCDMA 850/1900 issue and the battery/ram problems in the N95-1, so i don't understand why nokia isnt updating the n95-3 when everyone is complaining about it?? afterall isnt it a user-driven economy now???

I understand that the N95-3 is a different device, thus the same updates from n95-1 wont apply for the N95-3, buts its obvious that they are adding/correcting features with the newer software updates if you go through their update news.

The recent features like flashlite 3, ASR, DVFS and demand-paging is missing! (correct me if im wrong) we payed the same amount for the N95-3 not knowing that there's going to be different/discriminated support! which i think is really unfair.

I just bought this yesterday and now im planning to sell this right away because im a power user like most of you and i want value for money!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

yeah rasikajay is true..

Nokia is wrong with us, and we paid for nothing, no updates, no more features, sad, but true.. :smileysad:

hey, sent the letter to nokiausa mail page, come on, do this..

send the letterrrrrr........................... now
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Well, I'm from Argentina and I have an N95...
I've sent letters to both Nokia Argentina and Nokia USA about this subject and still no reply...
It's a shame no one from Nokia has ever paid us attention...

Message Edited by s_t_e_v_e on 02-May-2008 06:52 PM
Please use plain text.