Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Will Lumia 720 get windows phone 8.1 update?

Contributor
AndonisLumia720
Accepted Solution

Will Lumia 720 get windows phone 8.1 update?

I'm wondering if lumia 720 will get wp8.1 update or no, because of its low spesifications. Thank you!!!
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Re: Will Lumia 720 get windows phone 8.1 update?

It is all rumours at the moment. Best to wait for the official announcement.

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Microsoft has stated that all current Windows 8 hardware will be able to upgrade to 8.1. I would not be surprised though if the lower end models (for nokia 720 down) will see some noticable performance impact similar to what we saw when WP7.8 came to the Lumia 800 and 710 (which are noticably less fluid and snappy on 7.8).

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Contributor
AndonisLumia720

So, we are going to have Windows Phone 8.1 for lumia 720 but maybe it will be less efficient. Did I get it?
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

in a roundabout way, yes, you did lol
Registered Member
nikhillumia720

Will Lumia 720 get windows phone 8.1 update? Plz tell me fast ,i m really excited to get windows phone 8.1 ,plz plz nokia get the update for lumia 720 ☹☹
Mobile Visionary
hpholm

Yes, the Lumia 520 and 720 will also get the WP8.1 update.

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/04/02/windows-phone-8-1-update-everything-you-need-to-know/

"All of this will come to your Lumia smartphone running on Windows Phone 8 in an update package called Lumia Cyan-starting this summer."

So, that is 3-6 months from now. Or at least before Christmas. If all goes well..!

--

Hans

Registered Member
ayushpunk

What about 620??
Sage
villager44

If your Lumia is Wp8 you should expect the update
Registered Member
sinaan

You said ill get the cyan update this summer but i have it now this is April 13
Registered Member
sinaan

musica

Hi, sinaan. Please refer to the above post provided by hpholm (message 7 of 11).

Your phone will notify you when new updates are available if 'Notify me when new updates are found' is ticked under Settings > Phone Update.

We suggest following Nokia Conversations as most of the announcements are published there: http://conversations.nokia.com/

Final Banner
Registered Member
sujinck

I was cheatted by nokia
Registered Member
sujinck

I was asked about the 8.1 updation for nokia service care but not given every time tells that is available after two weeks.this promis was tell before two months
Registered Member
720Support

Hi All,

If i update my Windows Phone Nokia Lumia 720 will my warrenty goes?

Can i update from this link http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/store/app/lumia-8-1-update/f81873e9-756a-4abb-b23c-6ce17c609c82

Any new updated in 8.1 in future will i get it afer upgrading this?

Regards,

Vinny

Mobile Guru
93tid

That link is for an app which claims it will show you the new features coming with WP8.1 - it will NOT update your handset to WP8.1.

Your warranty will not go if you update to the official WP8.1/Lumia Cyan version for your handset. You can check when it will be available for you HERE