Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Will there be another N95-3 update?

Advisor

Notice this post by xbungle:

- He had 20 posts 20 days ago, and has not posted on the forum since.

1) Was he repermanded for posting anything about the subject by his superiors?

2) Was he fired after making this post?

Apperently the powers that be in Nokia feel that if they ignore us we'll 'go away'

Well, they'll have to see that they will get thier wish.

To Nokia: 

You may realize only too late that those who take the time to "bug" you by posting on your forum, either for product enhancements, or to give feedback by reporting problems are a recource that you don't want to turn up your nose to.

Nokia, you are cutting yourself off in a world where giants get too big and fall hard. Client satisfacton should be #1. Soon you'll have some shiny new products to sell with your partnerships with Intel & Microsoft, who is going to buy them?

iPhone steals Nokia market share

Lack of responce to this forum denotes

1) you don't care

2) you are incompetant

3) understaffed becuase you don't see the value of your customers concerns about your products.

4) you feel a responce will be a waist of resources

either way, stay on this path and this is my prediction:

Ignore us now, see you down here with us later, on the ground.

xbungle wrote:

All,

I'm sorry that you are frustrated with the availability of software for your N95-3.

Certain approvals need to be granted in each country before the software can be released, and those have been too slow in coming.

To solve that problem, we have now changed the way we build all of our software variants. That specifically should speed up releases for the Americas.

- xbungle

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Good One Brother , Nokia Give Us the Updates . We are still lacking from some features .

1) The Camera takes enough time after cllicking the camera button it says processing image for 10-15 seconds & you says it has been updated............... how ......?

2) Rotate me is missing .

3) Maps takes alot of time to open

4) After updating the recent version phone works very slow .

5) Battery back is messed up .

Why dont u test the firmwares before releasing , you are just playing with our phones by releasing these type of firmwares , fully loaded with bugs . So you are requested to release the firmware for NOKIA N95-3 .

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

its strange , still they are not replying .
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Well I just noticed today that they are no longer selling the N95-3 on the Nokia USA website anymore. They just have the N95-4 8gb version up. SO I will assume that they will give that excuse of since they are not selling the damn effin phone anymore that there is "no reason" to provide an upgrade for the N95-3. As said before this will be my last Nokia and make damn sure no one else I come across or any family or friends buys a Nokia. I'm also usually a person a lot of people come to for advice on what tech gadgets to buy too. Word of mouth and advice from trusted people trumps any advertisement out there!!!! :smileymad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Exactly , i will wait for more 7 days if they dont release it i will throw this phone & will definately go for another brand & this is for sure .
Please use plain text.

This is my first and last Nokia, my impressions from Nokia are that they sell expensive and laggy phones, and this firmware situation is simply pathetic. I was giving you some time to respond to this thread before making any negative comment but i'm just tired you can't even give a simple yes or no.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Good One Nokia , Thanks for The Support .
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kutsikas15

there is no point to ask from nokia anything on this forum-they just dont read these posts-mmm there are ones that delete any "confidential" FW release notes...but thats it... thats how much nokia cares about theyr costumers...
Well "thumbs up" nokia-YOU 'R' GREAT! *************************************************************************************
..::T-A::..
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

WHERE IS THE UPDATE FOR MY $700 DEVICE NOKIA? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ARE YOU SERIOUS THAT THERE IS STILL NO UPDATE? AT LEAST RELEASE SOME INFORMATION YOU SONS OF **bleep**. THIS IS REDICULOUS ! ! ! ! !

THIS POST WILL SHOW UP ON EVERY "NOKIA REVIEW" GOOGLE SEARCH, UNLESS YOU (NOKIA) AT LEAST RESPONDE.

How can you leave you $700 device cutomers hanging with bugged phones? On the other hand you update the Euro version? ? ? ? and the 8gb version ? ? ? ? where is the N95-3 update? ? ? ?

Its NOT hard converting the original N95-1 update version to the US n95-3 version. Just change the damn frequencies and support the customers that bought your device with NO CONTRACTS, but directly from you at FULL PRICE $ $ $ $ $ not through 3rd party companies. . . .

Where is the DAMN    UPDATE?

Message Edited by acespades1985 on 15-Sep-2009 11:40 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

HA HA , updates whats that ? isnt it , it is .
Please use plain text.
Advisor

firez wrote:
its strange , still they are not replying .

No, Unfortunately that is the norm.

Check this thread, it would be Very Unusual for them TO reply . . . 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

What kind of norm u r talking about ?  R U from Nokia ?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

firez wrote:
What kind of norm u r talking about ?  R U from Nokia ?

No, for them to 'reply' would be strange Because it has become the norm (normal) for them to ignore/ never read thier support forums

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
concordia

Hi,

What you state is not true. Your concerns do not go unnoticed.

However, the intention of these boards are for individual users such as yourself to share their opinions and assist each other. These forums are mainly for user-to-user support.

The moderators are only here to moderate and we will not be able to provide any assistance.

All feedback here is welcome and we in the Nokia Support Discussions team do our best to make sure that the relevant people in Nokia know what is being discussed here. Naturally, there are very many Nokia employees who follow this forum daily.

Yes, there are Nokia employees who participate in this community. However, they participate voluntarily and they are not obligated to respond to any posts or to look into any specific issues that are discussed here. For more information about the Nokia employee's role, read this post:

http://discussions.nokia-asia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=news&thread.id=846

However, if you would like to hear from Nokia, you can use the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page and then, select your country in the section "Call or Email Nokia Care".

Regards,
Concordia

~*~ New to Nokia Support Discussions? ~*~

You may want to have a look at the guidelines!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

concordia wrote

The moderators are only here to moderate and we will not be able to provide any assistance.

Yes, there are Nokia employees who participate in this community. However, they participate voluntarily and they are not obligated to respond to any posts or to look into any specific issues that are discussed here.

For more information about the Nokia employee's role, read this post:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=news&thread.id=846

Thank you for your post concordia,

you have shed some light on this situation, but you have also brought up other questions:

I have read the post you linked describing the moderators roles as moderators and not forum tech support.

This is logical, and the the "few" volunteers available (at least back in may) would seem to excuse this thread going unnoticed, but it contradicts your statement:

concordia wrote:

What you state is not true. Your concerns do not go unnoticed.

I am certain that >90% of the participants on Nokia's forum have no clue about Nokia's expressed role of moderators, and have never read that inconspicuous post that you just showed us.

But back to my original point, if there are few moderators, that are "volunteers" than how can you state that Nokia is informed?

Doesn't it appear obvious from reading this post that the overwhelming opinion here is that Nokia does not care?

What basis can you offer for the statement that "your concerns do not go unnoticed" when you seem to be indicating that reports to Nokia rely on "volunteers" who are not obligated to participate at all if they don't have spare time.

Understand concordia, these complaints are mainly leveled @ NOKIA for poorly implementing customer feedback, and not even communicating their intentions properly.

With all respect, you only just informed us about this policy after 9 months of customer complaining. . . 

so which is it, you see the posts and don't say anything, or are the Nokia forums understaffed?

concordia wrote:

However, if you would like to hear from Nokia, you can use the "Contact Us" link at the top of the page and then, select your country in the section "Call or Email Nokia Care".

concordia, the above suggestion is perfectly in harmony with your explanation of the moderators roles here and appropriate to this discussion

Thank You

Only question that begs to be asked is . . .  Why was it only posted just yesterday and not some time before

(same question as above)

To be fair & honest I will admit I had no clue that moderators were "voluntary" and "not obligated" to arrange for support, but I still can't see how Nokia can make the claim that they are informed as to the activity of these forums if the latter is true.

Here is something you may or may not be aware of, Nokia belongs to the "Get Satisfaction" forum  whose expressed concern is connecting companies with their customers.

Surely you cannot claim that "employees" there have the same roles as stated here, but this topic is DEAD.

http://getsatisfaction.com/nokia/topics/firmware_update_for_nokia_n95_3

This concern is even longer in the making 11 Months, and the 'employee' Dustin R is AWOL 

You'll see I have contributed to that forum, showing Nokias apparent disinterest in it's customers, and no one from Nokia was around to challenge me on it.

I even posted links to the same topic here to illustrate this point (although perhaps I should have done the reverse)

But then again  .   . .  Would it have made any difference? ? ? 

Message Edited by joshsstuff on 21-Sep-2009 01:51 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

So i take it that the n95-3 will never get any more upgrades? We have had silence for nearly a month.. Maybe i shouldnt buy any more nokias if service is this bad! All we want is parity with the other n95 users..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Mmmm. maybe there will be never get any more updates because in the web page of GSMArena.com , the phone is in status "Discontinued" http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n95-1716.php   It's a shame but I never want a buy another Nokia Product.  :smileymad:  

Eduardo MX.

Please use plain text.