Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Windows 7.8 Update for Nokia Lumia 800

Contributor
Viva_La_Jade

Windows 7.8 Update for Nokia Lumia 800

Hello,

can anyone please explain to me about this update?

I have friends with the nokia lumia 800 and they have theirs all updated but mine just will not! 

I have looked through the availability in Europe page on the nokia site itself, and under United Kindom. 

My Lumia 800 is a mangenta one ( dont know if that has any difference) But I bought it unlocked to any network from phones 4 U. I have put my orange/EE sim in it. I know that it says the update is carrier dependant, to which I phoned orange/EE and they had no idea what I was talking about, and said they werent even aware of such an update. So I looked again on the availability and it said unlocked lumia's would get it first........ 

The firmware revison number is: 1750.0805.8773.12220

Which would indicate it was a vodafone phone, but I bought it unlocked?

Im just wanting to know is there an update in sight for my lumia? as anyone i have contacted is completely useless! 

I have even tried to force the update through zune as people have said it worked for theirs, but just wont for me. Ive done this before with my WP HD7 and it worked fine. 

Thanks 

Jade :smileyvery-happy:

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

THIS

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Contributor
Viva_La_Jade

update

So i wont be betting any update for a long time then :/

Contributor
Viva_La_Jade

Re: update

[ Edited ]

And why is my firmware version saying its a vodafone phone when it is carrier free (unlocked) and im on orange/EE?! 

Contributor
Viva_La_Jade

paulheu wrote:

THIS

Okay, my phone finally popped up with the update notification. Plugged it into my laptop and opened zune, and checked for updates, it said my phone was up to date -.- 

Even though I had the notification.......... what is this all about?! Its taking the **bleep** now.