Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Wishlist for Next Belle Update

Counsellor
LandoftheRich

Wishlist for Next Belle Update

I absolutely love my Nokia 701 running Belle! And while it may be the best phone I've ever had, I'd really like to see the improvements listed below as part of a future software update.

1. Improved Keyboard/Predictive Text

It's hard to type like a speed demon on this keyboard. The reason is predictive text automatically guesses the word you are trying to type - often times incorrectly. You can always turn it off, but that can cause problems as well. It would be a huge help if predictive text works the way it does in other phone OS's. They give you a choice of 4 to 5 words that the word you are typing could possibly be. And you choose which one you want, instead of the phone guessing for you. I find typing to be faster and more accurate when using such a system.

2. Improved Wifi Stability

Others have mentioned this issue on different Belle handsets, so I'm leaning toward this being a software issue. Wifi reception is poor on my Nokia 701 Belle when compared to my old E71 or N8. Frequent disconnects are the norm, even with powersave disabled.

3. Wifi Indicator in Status Bar

The current indicator has 2 visual settings - On and Off. It would be helpful if one could see the signal strength right in the status bar, without having to open the notification area and clicking on wifi connections.

4. Improved E-mail Client

- With the ability to choose which IMAP folder you want sent mail, junk, trash etc to sync to. Right now when I send mail, it automatically goes into the phone's Sent folder, instead of the Sent folder on the IMAP server. To add to the inconvenience, there is no way to move items in that Sent folder of your phone directly into the proper one on the server. The only workaround I've found is to BCC myself, then move that BCC'ed email into the proper Sent folder on the server. That's way too many steps.

- Sent mail to show the recipient, instead of just the sender. What good is it to show the sender anyway? I know who is sending the mail...ME :smileyhappy:

- The ability to "view" attachments. This isn't the same as downloading and opening attachments. Iphone's, Android's and even Symbian's own Mobile Documents app all have the ability to view an attachment without downloading the complete file. It's quicker and I find it renders the attachment more accurately.

-The ability to have more than one Exchange ActiveSync account for supporting multiple calendars.

5. Expired Certificate's

Please please please find a solution for this. The workaround of setting the phone back to an older date no longer works. Checking "all" under Software Installation & turning off the online certificate check does nothing to help either.

6. Calendar Widget

Needs more than just your next upcoming event. At least 3 or more upcoming events would be very helpful.

7. Profiles Widget

To activate any new profile settings you created, you have to click the widget, then click All Profile Settings, then click the profile you want, then click Activate, then back out of it. That's 5 clicks for something that should only take 2. It would be much easier if the profile you created was in the same list as the four default profiles that come with the phone.

Please use plain text.
amitpure

Re: Wishlist for Next Belle Update

[ Edited ]

Add to above list:

• Map application needs to be updated, many time phone restarts on its own mostly while using the Maps.

• Should have the option for reinstalling the default applications, as they can't be removed. Recently I face problems with the Social, it's always throwing script alert to reinstall the app but there is no way to do that.

• Music Player Album list should be sorted by Albums Name instead of artist name, if there more than one artist for album then its listing separate album for each artist OR after clicking on album it should list all songs associated with it.

Thanks,

Amit.

Please use plain text.
Sage
andrewaussie

[ Edited ]

belle is being released next month its in its polishing stage. if theses features are not included then shouldnt this be a wish list for carla. its far to late for any NEW features to be added to belle, unless you would like belle to recive another delay.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: Post edited. Abusive language removed. Please be respectfull to the community users.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

The first guy who actually posted has a 701. So he's asking for a an update to fix his issues he's having with belle. So that's just an update and not the belle update others are waiting for. Just a minor software update... No idea about the second post.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
kenyaone

I would like know how to switch widgets offline mode Nokia Belle, our do they only come online when screen is opened?
Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

"An updated version of Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, which brings improved search capabilities, an integrated conversation vew and support for multiple Exchange accounts" -- can anyone confirm this?

http://nokiainnovation.com/2012/02/microsoft-apps-are-available-via-software-update-for-nokiabelle/

I have Microsoft Apps for Belle on my N8. Exchange Active Sync still limits to 1 profile.

I think Microsoft, uhhhh.... errr.... Nokia needs to deliver on this PROMISE as widely advertised.

This is disappointing....

LandoftheRich wrote:

4. Improved E-mail Client

- With the ability to choose which IMAP folder you want sent mail, junk, trash etc to sync to. Right now when I send mail, it automatically goes into the phone's Sent folder, instead of the Sent folder on the IMAP server. To add to the inconvenience, there is no way to move items in that Sent folder of your phone directly into the proper one on the server. The only workaround I've found is to BCC myself, then move that BCC'ed email into the proper Sent folder on the server. That's way too many steps.

- Sent mail to show the recipient, instead of just the sender. What good is it to show the sender anyway? I know who is sending the mail...ME :smileyhappy:

- The ability to "view" attachments. This isn't the same as downloading and opening attachments. Iphone's, Android's and even Symbian's own Mobile Documents app all have the ability to view an attachment without downloading the complete file. It's quicker and I find it renders the attachment more accurately.

-The ability to have more than one Exchange ActiveSync account for supporting multiple calendars.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

I wish Nokia releases all the Widgets Belle should have.

Cheers!!!

Please use plain text.
nype78

My wishes for a Belle update or Clara includes features I had on Anna:

- network drive connection

Please bring back that Network Drive Connection in Filemanager! This is essential for all NAS users.

- voice commands on call button

The voice commands was triggered with the call button in Anna. Now this feature is gone - have to use the widget and place on every home screen to use it without swiping the screens.

- screen rotate button

I miss this thing. I see no use in an menu touch button next to the hardware menu button. Rotating the screens with a button is way more comfortable than swiping when operating the phone with one hand.

- messages view customizable

I have no use for the conversation view as a default. I would like to have the folder view as default like in Anna.

- email client unusable

Please make an email widget available, that either uses only one unit of height or one that can show an ibox for several mail accounts. Now I need three screens and a lot of swiping to see all my mail accounts.

- calender widget unusable

I liked the calender widget in Anna. Not only one entry, displayed the date, transparent

BR, nype

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I'd like to see certain things which were useful in Anna but got removed from belle. Like accessing power saving mode from battery icon, single widget for date time and profile, capability to create folder within folder etc.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vjnaik59

kenyaone wrote: 

I would like know how to switch widgets offline mode Nokia Belle, our do they only come online when screen is opened?

Only one option for now.

Swipe down the notification bar and click on toggle mobile data icon to off mode.

This will turn all homescreen widgets offline :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vjnaik59

Whilst i see many of them adding their wishlist here. I would also like to add few from my side :smileywink: :smileytongue:

BELLE..!!! Very great improvements in use and feel.

However i miss some of the basic things in BELLE from ANNA & also within Belle by itself.

1. The message notification popping out at the center as like 1 New message instead a icon with number indicating on the top status bar would be much cool to view.

2.  Ontap change of battery status icon to power saving mode & also the battery remaining percentage shown in Anna.

3. Task manager swithching without having to enforce the physical menu button everytime. Instead an option to access "task manager" in swipe down notification would be cool to use

4. Email Widget. Atleast 3 accounts could be incorporated in single email widget with the provision to switch across accounts with the tabs of the widget. Somewhat alike Belle's SEARCH widget which lets to switch between Web and My phone :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ajayc601

I humbly request Nokia India to consider the improvements on par with Users deemands.

Improve the following:

• Provide option of 'Delete or remove' for unwanted applications. Remove unwanted default apps.
  • Default Application folder ( for external Applictions)
  • List showing "open Applications" in background like in Anna
  • Enable installation of web browsers like UCWEB and Google Map.
  • Battery percentage.

Please everyone demand these features which are extreamly needed

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

The ability to customize the pull down notification bar would be great. There are four default presets. How about another row of quick links that can be set by the user for his or her frequently accessed apps or folders?
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Frank_C7_00

I found a BUG in Belle, which affects a basic feature of the phone: the voice dialing... I am using my C7-00 with speakerphone HF-210 in my car. The voice dialing became unreliable now, because the device is no longer triggering the short audio signal, indicating that -speak now-. Needless to say, this funtionality was perfect in Anna.

(Without speakerphone the functionality is OK; however with speakerphone the voice commands are not recognized... It is expected that a Nokia device is 100% compatible to a Nokia speakerphone.)

So, the highest priority must be to get rid of bugs like this... widgets, apps, games and other gadgets are less important.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I've found that the built in zip manager crashes after a short while. Can't zip any file... Hope this is also sorted out soon.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
killerthomas

Hey there Nokia guy!

How much time it will take to my product code to get approved ....1 year????

OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS I AM WAITING FOR BELLE AND THE SITE IT SAYS WAITING FOR APPROVAL!!!!

**bleep**?

greece

nokia c7

059F0X8

!Greece!
Please use plain text.
santosh76

[ Edited ]

My wishlist:

1. Toggle option by just touching the battery icon for switching to - activate power saving - deactivate power saving.

2. Messaging throws up mixed up messages both from inbox and sent messages. quite annoying. pls get it back as it was in ANNA.

3. Messaging:  If u cannot downgrade to Anna then just bring some changes under messaging:  Like under messaging when u choose view folders and open any of the folders - say - inbox, it shows up everything in the inbox with a top row showing - inbox, sent, drafts, outbox, delivery reports, and my folders; this bar should have the swipe function, otherwise it is difficult to reach the last as well as the first icons.

4. There should be NFC included in the pull down hidden bar in the homescreen.

5. It was easy to change profiles under Anna, which is not the case in Belle, please keep the anna style.

6. Task manager options in anna was good as we could ensure not damaging the menu button on the phone. It should really be brought back.

7.  There should have been a seperate icon/function for "photos".  Under this icon "photos" no videos should be shown, as is the case with the icon "videos" wherein no photos are shown.  If required u may keep the icon "gallery" to show up everything.

8.  Correct the LOCK CODE issue at the earliest.  it keeps on asking for lock code everytime it is switched on.

Nokia C7

India

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

For the task switching without pressing the menu button, try searching for an app called app switcher. It opens up background applications if you tap the icon placed on the home screen. For now, this is a workaround till Nokia does something to rectify it.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Sage
siegfrid

Bigger qwerty keyboard. On c7 is very small. Contacts with visible numbers like in s^3 and Anna

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tonttu

Ok, let's try to keep this thread alive.

Updated my C7-00 to belle over a week ago now, and toying with it I'm now writing my wishlist under this thread also. And will do the same probably to many other threads until I see some "official" thread started by Nokia's employees where they actually want to hear what we would like belle to be. And comment in there.

And here's a free advice to Nokia staff, even I really hate to tell someone how to do they job.

Somebody should take a pen and punch of paper. Browse this forum and whenever see a wish for feature, write it down and mark every support for it. Same as if some feature is wished to be gone. When done, make a list of all the features supported/unsupported in konsensus, and even those that started a debate.

Then, take the list to R&D with instructions to make wanted features happen, to ditch unwanted features and make controversial features optional. Easy as a pie.

My humble list:

- Different size widgets. Clock, calendar, email etc.

- Bookmarks available as a shortcut on homescreen

- "Mosaic" view for homescreens, so we can go to directly desired homescreen and not have to swipe through all the homescreens between. Minimize all futile work.

- Automated and adjustable online mode for homescreen widgets. Or atleast manual version which we had in Anna. I could let widgets to keep connections active all the time, or manually put off the mobile data and wifi, but I shouldn't have to do that and I don't want to do that. Because I would have to put them on again for every time I want to surf the net. Having to do that, it only misses the ancient tone of 56k modem dialing tone to make the feel of regression perfect.

- When I exit email-app, it really closes, and not stay on in the background. I don't need email-app to stay on in the background, 'cause I use the email-widget to check my mail. Now, when entering to any received mail and then moving it to a folder or deleting it throws me back to homescreen and leaves the email-app on. And I have enter it again to shut it off, or close it through open application menu.

Plus every other succestion made by others that would increase my possibilities to modify, customize, adjust and personalize my phone by my needs and desire.

I really like the new smoothness of my phone. Occasional freezes which I had with Anna are practically gone so improvements there. Ability to place shortcuts and widgets more freely on homescreens is a very wellcome feature. Fact that widgets CAN come in many sizes is a big improvement.

Please use plain text.