Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Wishlist for Next Belle Update

Registered Member
ezret1925

Re: Wishlist for Next Belle Update

My Wishlist would be:

1. bookmarks as widgets/ shorcuts in the homescreen

and most importantly:

2. SMS/ CALL notification pop-up that displays the picture (thumbnail) and name of the CALLER or  SMS sender, a little preview of the SMS received and the TIME for the missed call.

Please... !

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I'd like to have the option to turn on or turn off the sms preview as I don't want my sms ul be read by other people when they unlock the screen.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi guys,

How about asking first for what is already developed but not released and after that we ask for some other things.

There are some Belle widgets that have not been included in our Belle update. I've listed those which I could find all over the web in here:

/t5/Software-Updates/Nokia-Belle-Widgets/td-p/1306861/page/2

We can ask for many things to be done sometime in the future, but how about asking for these widgets  first because they're ready right now and it's only a matter of Nokia's will that we can have them, officially,  in our devices.

Best Regards.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
tonttu

What's keeping them from telling us that they have some of these things under development or even almost ready to release?

I don't think I'm the only one who would calm down if somebody from Nokia announced "We hear you! Please be patient, most of your requests are taken care of!" or something like that. Now the only vaque hint is an answer in the FAQ "not yet available".

I have hope about this matter, but still decided to keep raising these issues until I hear some confrmation that Nokia is working on most of it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Hope they do release them soon. Those widgets were great, especially the weather widget and the big analogue clock.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yoshifmfjf

Music Player - I need possibility of choice specific folder (subfolder) for playback!!! I don't want to spend my time adding songs one by one to playlists. In addition, when i update items in folders i must update playlists too, thats really time consuming.

I hope that default music player from Nokia will soon offer this basic function, which we have to looking for in external applications now!!

Please use plain text.
reuben013

after i install the new software version 111.030.0609.C00.01, i cannot even connect to the internet or even connect to any WIFI signal, I was told by Nokia Care, its software its very unstable and i have to wait till the next update is available to solve this matter, is that correct, how long more do i have to wait.

Can Nokia give us two years warranty, due to frustration cause by Nokia software problems.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LuxLuxLux

Smaller widgets with different skins
Proper notifications widget like Anna
Less pop up notifications- should roll down from the top of the screen not pop up in the middle (eg deactivate power saving question, that god awful sms/missed call pop up)
Cleaner downloading- should be able to do other stuff whilst downloading apps from the store instead of having to watch it.
Text removed from shorcuts on homescreen. UGH!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

I have Belle on my N8 but cannot find the option to get the bcc header when I send mail via exchange. Am I missing something obvious?

Please use plain text.
helicopterrob

can i talk about the predictive text mess that we are left with after the change to belle.now when i want to Type a word i have to access the menu and choose matches instead of having to tap the underlined word and choose from a list of words to choose. . .Also when typing out word predictions you have to type the word it brings up completely or risk having the wrong word added. Such a nightmare this is i feel sometimes it is easier to change back to single letter input on the alpha keyboard so i dont have to keep going back and changing words.is Nokia going to introduce a fix for this.nokia anna was so much simpler.plus how often do i want to use the word "at" and not "Cv" as the phone pops up everytime.come on get a grip or give me a rollback to anna
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

And I'd like to have the WiFi problem fixed that is encountered when you have wpa2 security mode for your network. My WiFi just won't connect... Always have authentication problem.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ChristofLuick

Please add the ability for VPN connections via PPTP to the next belle update!!!

PPTP is the most commonly used standard for VPN connections in smaller company networks since it is provided by Microsoft Windows Server 20XX.

Please use plain text.