Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

X3-02 Firmware update

Ehtesham12

X3-02 Firmware update

Hi,

I have x3-02 v 05.60 RM-639 and I need to update it.I tried to update it by wifi but it didnt work(says NO UPDATE AVAILABLE).After a week i purchase data cable CA-101 and tried to update it from ovi suite, 1st three steps were ok but in INSTALLATION its says that the connection is LOST and cant update the software.i tried it several times but no gain...after that i used NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATE...I turned off the Firewall and the Antivirus but still No gain. Can someone help me??

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: X3-02 Firmware update

How long did you wait when it said 'Connection is lost' ? Its normal for the phone to switch OFF and ON during the update process. When its switches OFF, the connection with the PC is lost. Once it gets switched ON, the connection is re-established. So wait for some 4-5 minutes to see if there is further progress..

Please use plain text.
Ehtesham12

Well i waited for 10min.And its says that no phone is connected or connection between your PC and phone is disconnected.Try to reconnect, switch off and on mobile phone, restart your PC etc. I did it all but still no gain :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Ehtesham12

And also.My phone restart about 5 times during this process..Is it normal? And if this is the problem then what u suggest. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Yes, it happens a no. of times..though haven't noticed exactly how many times..

If you have an access to any other PC, try on that..

Please use plain text.
Ehtesham12

ok thanks...and which software do u recommend? OVI suite? or Nokia Software Updater?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

In fact there are reports that sometimes when OVI Suite didn't work the NSU did..and vice versa...so difficult to tell...

BTW NSU is a dedicated Software updater and OVI Suite can do much more..Software update is one of these..

Please use plain text.
Ehtesham12

I tried both.Same error..

Device Recovery

Nokia Ovi Suite has lost connection with your device. Follow these steps to help reconnect your device:
1. Remove the USB cable from your device.
2. Re-start the device (turn off and turn on again).
3. Re-insert the USB cable.
4. Click 'Ok' below to continue updating.

:smileysad: :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Have never came across such issue personally, but have read on this forum that in a few cases just hitting the OK tab without removing the Cable, restarting the device and reinserting the cable worked.. So try that.

Note that a failed update (disconnecting the phone at a crucial phase of the process) will result in a Dead phone..

Please use plain text.
Sage
WhiteVanMan

Try nokia software updater and see how you get on with that.

Remember to close down ovi suite from your system tray (far right of your taskbar near your clock) before running nokia software updater.

Good luck. :smileyhappy: 

Nokia E6 (FW:021.014), Unbranded, Sim-Free, Unlocked.
Please use plain text.