Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: X6 Bugs, Bugs Bugs.....@ Firmware 12......

Advisor
TommysX6

X6 Bugs, Bugs Bugs.....@ Firmware 12......

Okay, new FW, but, always a lot of Problems. Bug:smileyfrustrated:omtimes, the Loudspeaker does not go on, eg. selecting a new Ringtone, the Preview is not played over the loudspeaker, it comes from the Normally-Phone-Earspeaker. Same with Voice Dialing, the Reply of the command comes not from the Loudspeaker, it comes from the built in Earspeaker too.Reboot device, all is okay. Next Bug, Select a Caller Group/-a Private-Profile, to filter unwanted Callers. ok. Done. Now it goes crazy, if a Caller rings, which is not in the Group, the Ringtone is off, thats okay. BUT, the Vibration turns on. Why ? If i want that the phone rings only by wanted callers in the current Profile, then it should do that. Next Bug: WLAN...the device find my WLAN and marked it as "knowed", 5min later it is "unknown" and  i have to set the WPA Key again and the Phone stores the WLAN as a new one. Next Bug, Somtimes the Media-Sensor does not Pop up the Media-Bar, the Phone recognizes the button (BeepTones are on) but nothing happens. Reboot Device, the MediaBar is now there...but how long?...Bugs Bugs Bugs Bugs Bugs and a lot of other one. I feel me like a Beta-Tester for Nokia. Who can help me ?  greetings Thomas

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

My X6 shipped with the latest firmware and I haven't experienced any of those bugs yet.

Have you tried resetting the phone to see if that cures those bugs?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TommysX6

Do you mean - select Factory default and after that restore the backup; no, not yet, i have get the Phone with the V11, and 1 Week later i have upgraded to the new Firmware. But, the one Problem with the Profile and No Sound but Vibration ON, that Problem i had since beginn. Should i do Factory default ?, Thanks, Tom

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

That's the first thing to try. That option will reset your settings but will not delete your data but do still make a backup just in case.

If that doesn't solve it then you'll need to try the soft reset that will wipe all of your data (so be sure to backup). To do that dial *#7370# like a phone number.

Always test to see if the problems have been solved before restoring your data.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TommysX6

[ Edited ]

Okay, i ll try it, but, today evening, currently i am at work, there i have not so much time :smileyhappy:

One of the other Probs ....with the WLAN... was since the first start.....under V11

I reply tomorrow morning, thanks for first help, greetings Thomas

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TommysX6

Hi again,

i have used the Reset Code, which you have sent, okay, good news for the Moment, the Profile-Rinings Settings are now working correctly,.....crazy..... the other Points i will test now, i reply tomorrow, thanks, Thomas

psychomania wrote:

That's the first thing to try. That option will reset your settings but will not delete your data but do still make a backup just in case.

If that doesn't solve it then you'll need to try the soft reset that will wipe all of your data (so be sure to backup). To do that dial *#7370# like a phone number.

psychomania wrote:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

That is good to hear. Hope it is a permanent solution for you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
TommysX6

I hope too, Wlan Test is at home, and in the next days i will see, that the Problems are solved, .....sorry for a little broken english :-) , i am not very fit :-)..... pls allow me a little Question, are you from Nokia ? Because >19000 Posts.....wow.... greetings Thomas

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Your English is ok, I fully understood you.

I'm not from Nokia, just a normal guy that has used a lot of them and has a good knowledge of solving problems with them.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TommysX6

[ Edited ]

Hello again. Not better. Yesterday, after Main-Reset and the restore of the Backup, the Profile- Ringing Settings ran okay. Today, without any changes from my Side, again, Ringer is off, but the Vibration goes on if a Call comes in, which is not in the List for the Profile, also Tone=no, Vib=Yes.

WLAN, same again, WPAv2 not possible, WPAv1 is possible and it finds the LAN, i can log in, a few minutes later the Phone means - no WLAN found, 2s later, WLAN found, unknown, a little later found as known, somtimes WPA/PSK key wrong...... and so on. The Problem with the Loudspeaker/Earspeaker seems to be solved, Mediabar is currently there, maaybe also solved. But.....frustrated again.,....i think about to go back to my e90.......greetings, Thomas

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Did the problems start to happen after restoring your backup?

Was it ok before you restored the backup?

Sometimes restoring a backup also restores the problem.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
TommysX6

[ Edited ]

No, i have restored yesterday, then it was okay, today, i switch to Profile "Private" and the Motor turns on again when a Call comes in. No ringtone, what is okay.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Have you looked carefully at the profile settings to make sure it's set the correct way?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
TommysX6

Yes, its the same way like e90, new profile, Caller List: Private, inside there are the right contacts. If a Caller is in the list and makes a call, Rington+Motor=ok, Other Caller: Ringtone: no, Motor: yes. In that settings...what can i make wrong....i used the e90 a long Time and had always Symbian Phones. No from them maked that silly things. And, yesterday, i have switched ....for 5 or 6 times between Profile Standard and my own. Okay, now i have deleted the Profile an created New, All Funktions on Standard, Only Signalling is set for a Caller-Group. Same again, Tone no, Motor yes......*aaarrrgggg*

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Very odd.

Looks like you may have to wait for the next firmware update to see if it solves that issue.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
TommysX6

I think so too, but...how long........

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TommysX6

Hi, its me again, please allow me a last Question-other Function, Bug, or is that what, what i do not understand......Contacts, Voicedialing. I say the Name to Dial. Phone recognize the Name, but, it wants to Dial the Email from that contact. Or, it wants to dial the Video-Call, but, no Number for videoCall is in the Contacts, i don't have Video Calls. I go to Contacts, select the Phonenumber, select STANDARD, select apply Mobilnumber as Standard, now the Numbertype, in that cases Mobilephone, is now underlined. Video: empty. I speak the Name, Phone says the Name and selects EMail. I remember to my E90, there were no Problems with Voicedialing. In a Contact, i delete the Detail -Videocall- , the Field disappears, i click apply, close contact. Open it again and the Field Videocall is already there. I speak the Name, Phone says the Name, but, it takes videocall, which is empty, or, it try's to make a videocall with the number which is set in the Mobilphone-Field, and, after dialing, error, because i have no video-sim-card. So, the contact is not dialed. That all is a big Problem, if the Phone is in the Bag, i use my Headset, and the Phone try's to open the E-mail Editor or a videocall. Yes, (!) -Sometimes- (!) i can select after the voicecommand another entry of the spoken Contact, but , if i go by car........ hello...is anybody there from Nokia ? I need one guy to tell him, what i mean about the x6.......or, if i make anything wrong, i excuse me........and...to the end...What is in a Contact the Option: -Synchronization- /Public/Private/, i found nothing about that

I have tried to copy the Phonenumbers via OVI Suite to the other Fields, that i get a Standard, i think, i can't make it.......Thanks for your time, you are the first one, which try's to help me, why is it not possible to talk about that Problems with a Nokia-Hotline...... kind regards ...Thomas

Please use plain text.
Advisor

One bug I found with my X6 is that it can't tell if wi-fi has no internet connectivity and switch to 3G. So if my home wi-fi is the prefered access point and home broadband is down (but wi-fi is up) it doesn't try to connect via 3G. In fact, in this case, I am not even able in this case to turn off wi-fi to connect to the internet at all. Grr!

Another very minor bug is that the WEP PSK is case sensitive (unlike any other wi-fi interface) - I discovered this today after 30 minutes of failing to connect!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TommysX6

[ Edited ]

Hi,

in another thread, i have found, "we" should not use Alpahnumeric Keys, only numbers, but, i have not tried it yet. A new FW should come in the next days, i have found that by Google:

-> Keys are Case Sensitive

!Note! Count of corrected Errors.....i hope, that is true.....grettings, Tom

New Features:

Browser 7.2
Flash Video Phase-3 – Flashlite 3.1.7.x
Gimlet Touch 2.2
Kinetic scrolling in Appshell (Menu grid)
OVI Sync 2.0
Shazam
Enable Side lock Key functionality during Swipe UI (Calendar/Clock alarm)
Windows 7 Device Stage Support
OVI store 1.5.6
IAD Auto polling
Quick Office v4.2
OVI Music
Cherry v2.1
Rihanna service launcher
OVI contacts 1.50.8
Workaround for Niagara (SMD) display module for DFS52.50 based products

SW improvements and corrections:

Total errors corrected: 428

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cspw

Hi,

My X6 can not get SMS, I don't know why, so I backup all and run "Back to factory default" three times, result same. Then I run *#7370# and can get SMS now, But I can not restore my personal setting back to X6, like wall paper, address book ....., What should I do now?

By the way, I'm using Traditional Chinese display on my screen, by all application I installed (All of them download from Ovi) are show English dialog like (Allow network access?), is that the bug?

Albert Chan from Hong Kong

Please use plain text.