Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

amber update for lumia 520

moorthy1993

amber update for lumia 520

[ Edited ]

I am using Lumia 520. I had got an notification for amber update and I download it and install it on OTA,but it doent shows any change on my mobile.

the OS version and firmware version remains same. I had checked for phone updates but it shows ur phone is uptodate.
I had noticed that on my friends phone data sense installed along update and in extra+info it shows that it has been updated to amber update but in my mobile it only shows an exclamatory symbol that leads to amber update web page
my OS version: 8.0.10328.78

firmware version:1030.6408.1309.0002

In India amber is released with new firmware version. My friend has Lumia 520 and he got the amber update with new firmware version.

help me out how to update it.

Moderator's Note: The post was edited because the IMEI number was removed. It's not advisable to post any personal information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: amber update for lumia 520

firmware version doesn't sound right, sounds like it may have been a botched update.

first of all, do not post your IMEI as it is personal information and could expose you to dangerous scenarios.

have you tried performing a soft reset (pressing the volume down and power buttons together until the phone vibrates)? also check that you are up to date with all the latest Nokia system app updates too.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
ralph213

on the nokia lumia 520 is there anyway that you can change to xt9 eg. Abc2 Def3 so on. Can you change to this way? Because i've poor eye sight and the a to z keyboard is to small for me to see to hit the keys. Is there a way to do that?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

@ ralph213 - There are 3rd Party applications available ( e.g. THIS ) ..but they have their own drawback like you won't be able to replace the native keyboard and hence can't use it while replying to the messages .. For texts you need to go thru' this application ..

Please use plain text.
ralph213

i want it to work just normal like in all applacations. E.g when you go on web to enter a search term or when i want sms just like the old phones. Why didn't they leave the option? Very stupid nokia. People can't see u know???
Please use plain text.
moorthy1993

I had checked apps they are uptodate.then i had soft reset ,hard reset but the update problem remains.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
sachinus

I too see the same  same firware and OS version as moorthy1993. I believe the OS version seen is after it got updated to GDR2 on Sep 24.

OS version: 8.0.10328.78
firmware version:1030.6408.1309.0002

No software resets have helped me either to update to Amber. It always shows that my phone is uptodate. All other apps like extras+info are updated to the latest. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
omibaba

I am facing same problem as moorthy1993. I have done soft reset and hard reset but no benefit.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
identitycrisis

My Lymia 520 is also showing the notification for the Amber update but it is showing that my phone is up to date when I search for updates. My OS version is also showing as 8.0. Lumber update is 8.1?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

identitycrisis wrote:
My Lymia 520 is also showing the notification for the Amber update but it is showing that my phone is up to date when I search for updates. My OS version is also showing as 8.0. Lumber update is 8.1?

Contradictory statement !!! Is it showing availability of update or not ? Once you update the phone, you also need to update the System Applications using an application like THIS to get the applicable features.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shahulPattambi

i want it to work just normal like in all applacations. E.g when you go on web to enter a search term or when i want sms just like the old phones. Why didn't they leave the option? Very stupid nokia. People can't see u know???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shahulPattambi

Pl tell if the option of deleting all messages in e5 phone at a time is available or not?If available then how to do it? pl reply osai

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

shahulPattambi wrote:
Pl tell if the option of deleting all messages in e5 phone at a time is available or not?If available then how to do it? pl reply osai

Though 'Delete All' isn't available you can select Multiple Messages by clicking 'select' Icon 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

farby wrote:

shahulPattambi wrote:

Though 'Delete All' isn't available you can select Multiple Messages by clicking 'select' Icon 

farby, I dont think s/he has WP8 on  his/her E5 :smileywink:

that's just another message which has to be moved on correct board....

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

ugura wrote:

...or does s/he means the option similar to Nokia E5 is available in Nokia Lumia 520 or not ????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
ugura

farby wrote:

ugura wrote:

...or does s/he means the option similar to Nokia E5 is available in Nokia Lumia 520 or not ????

that's also possible :smileyhappy:

The silence will fall
Please use plain text.